bugs in 0.56 test release 4

Stratus

Not sure if this is a bug, or an unavoidable Homeworld thing, but AI capital ships have this fetish for crashing their capital ships into mine. I watched three militia procurator destoyers followed one another into collision oblivion against an ISD II in the space of five minutes. The Star destroyer was completely undamaged!?!

Couple of new ones.

1) The first is the Militia invincible dreadnaught. With the current release, the game crashes whenever you or AI tries to build it. My solution was to grab the ship file from the last microrelease and replace it (required some .big file unpacking and re-packing obviously). It seems to work fine now.

2) Still on the Militia, the game occasionally crashes for no apparent reason when these side is used by player or AI.

• 2 weeks later...

when playing a few of them as team one it would give me hillgaran dreadnats instaed of the warlords ones

I had a similiar problem except I had a couple of Progenitor Dreadnaughts as part of my fleet. And they didn't last long at all. lol

hi@all

"found" a pretty big bug in my mod concerning research. playin with imperial forces everythings fine, but playin wiht both rebel or pirat forces my research tree is empty, can't research anything, the AI does, but i cant allthough i set the settings "research: enabled"...and thats not so good ;D

but everything else works perfect...so keep up the good work...and plz help me ;)

• 1 month later...

I've been keepin an eye on the whole mod for some time now and I'm lovin it...but to business...

1: I utilize the Warlords 0.5 in the Single vs CPU, and within 5 or so minutes my nav bouy randomly blows up....not cool, anything to fix that or is that something I'll have to simply wait on?

2: Also, when using the other selection for Single vs CPU, I cant build anything higher than a ISD cause you can research the Cruiser Shipyard....

Anyone here figured it out, if so PLEASE tell me, I wanna build the SSD's and such.....

I love the new release, the Venator and providence look great, however there are still some bugs :

1. The refinery ships don't work properly, mole miners get stuck and they don't use all of the drop points

2. Some ships still have the massdriver fire effect when firring missiles

3. When building the executor the resources go down to - 1220000 or something (however this does not happen with the mandator and Class III forts which are also expensive)

4. The barrels on the class III go too far behind when firring

5. The 2 front double turbolasers on the Venator have a too big firring arc (they turn completely frontal which is absurd)

6. Not a bug but will the star dreadnaughts ever get guns like other ships ?

7. The providence annihilated the 2 Venator with minimal damage is this intentional or is it a lack of balance

Anyways it's a great release, the battles are breath taking and massive. Keep up the awesome work.

I actually think the Providence Class is meant to be as powerful as it is. It was, after all, the most feared ship class employed by the Confederacy. And for good reason obviously seeing as two mass-produced Venator class destroyers don't hold a candle to it.  8) I just love the CIS!

Ah yes and as far as bugs go...

The Republic's Praetor Cruiser seems to blast itself with its own missile attacks every now and then. It doesn't seem to cause any damage to itself but it does cause a pretty crazy light show across its hull and lights up the surrounding area like the fouth of July.

Edited by ViceroyZen

The Praetor is an old model and EvilleJedi said that those are bugged.

I agree that the Providence should win even against 3 Venators, but the Venators didn't even penetrate it's ''shields'' (although the Providence has superior Mon Calamari shielding) and by the end of the battle its health was back to 100%. I'll try playing as the Republic to see how much damage i can do to that Providence ;D.

Speaking of Mon Calamari shielding...

I know this must be getting really annoying now Eville but an MC80 against a pair ISD II's (haven't tested the I's) was disabled at an incredible rate. I'm talking 10 seconds.

It didn't start to happen until the II's got to mid/close range.

In a pound for pound match the Mon Cal gets pummelled in an incredibly satisfying fashion, but Mon Cals are built (even the 80's) with an inordinate amount of backup systems, making them very difficult to disable.

It seems funny, especially since ISD II's only have 20 ion cannon. I wonder how quickly a pair of ISD I's would do it......

Anyone else seen this?

Interesting, I never had an MC-80 confront two ISD II's, but i think the reason is (probably) that the first two guns in the gun rows on the sides of the superstructure are actually ion cannons and being octa class 8 or 10 ion cannons they should disable targets quickly. I know they were ion cannons in version 0.45 I'm not sure they are in this version. The fact they were at close range means that the guns didn't miss.

The redundancy of systems doesn't effect the time it's needed to disable a ship as the ''EMP'' bar is a paramater in the .ship files. 

ya I've seen it, isd I's can desable them at long range with those 2 heavy ion cannon turrets form most ships in one salvo there halfway to being disabled and thats just from 1 with 2 it would happen really fast and if there in close its guaranteed.

oh and for most ships I'm thinking some missle explosions should be changed. the ones on the VSD MK 1 and preator will blind you and if you have enough you can't see anything at all.

a few ships have to have there weapons changed around like the DCS can't hit capitals and the VSD and preator can't hit fighters.

i found a problem with the DCS's construction menu as well when building vulture bombers it builds vulture fighters instead.   

i thought all the ISD II's guns were all octal class 10 turbolasers :-\

and speaking of gun position shouldn't the ISD I's heavy ion cannons be at the back of the battery not the front?

My battles normally take place at long ranges so i don't really know about close range disablement, however i did see a Class III heavy defense installation disabling a wingless MC-80 cruiser and those massive turbolasers decimate enemy formations.

Anyways back on topic. The Imperator II does indeed have only class 10 turbolasers. I'm not sure about the position of the ion cannons. I found only one picture from an unknown source where the ion cannon is the second from the back but this is strange and illogical.

from what i know the ISD I's should have its ion cannon turrets at the back.

heres a side pic of the original devastator model off the technical commentarys site

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xbradford/ISD_Guns.jpg

as you can see the turret at the end of the battery is different then the others and this is were the ion cannons would go.

also from what i have see the isd II's in game has its ion cannons mostly in the area bellow the bridge. as far as I'm concerned the ISD II is correct. and the ISD I just needs some moving of the turrets and maybe some remodeling of the turrets at a much latter date

You do see turbolaser towers on the sides of the ship, so you should see these also, but nevermind this would be nitpicking. When your ISDs face off in a massive battle against the rebels you don't pay that much attention to the details, although i do sometimes stop and enjoy the beauty of  the ISD. I think this is the most detailed model you'll find in any game.

OK back to bugs, the Endor scenario crashes (actually freezes) at the end of the loading. I may have set it up wrong since there are 4 players, but there are no setup instructions.