Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: bugs in 0.56 test release 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Interesting, I never had an MC-80 confront two ISD II's, but i think the reason is (probably) that the first two guns in the gun rows on the sides of the superstructure are actually ion cannons and being octa class 8 or 10 ion cannons they should disable targets quickly. I know they were ion cannons in version 0.45 I'm not sure they are in this version. The fact they were at close range means that the guns didn't miss.

The redundancy of systems doesn't effect the time it's needed to disable a ship as the ''EMP'' bar is a paramater in the .ship files. 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:43 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

ya I've seen it, isd I's can desable them at long range with those 2 heavy ion cannon turrets form most ships in one salvo there halfway to being disabled and thats just from 1 with 2 it would happen really fast and if there in close its guaranteed.

oh and for most ships I'm thinking some missle explosions should be changed. the ones on the VSD MK 1 and preator will blind you and if you have enough you can't see anything at all.

a few ships have to have there weapons changed around like the DCS can't hit capitals and the VSD and preator can't hit fighters.

i found a problem with the DCS's construction menu as well when building vulture bombers it builds vulture fighters instead.   

i thought all the ISD II's guns were all octal class 10 turbolasers :-\
and speaking of gun position shouldn't the ISD I's heavy ion cannons be at the back of the battery not the front?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:04 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

My battles normally take place at long ranges so i don't really know about close range disablement, however i did see a Class III heavy defense installation disabling a wingless MC-80 cruiser and those massive turbolasers decimate enemy formations.

Anyways back on topic. The Imperator II does indeed have only class 10 turbolasers. I'm not sure about the position of the ion cannons. I found only one picture from an unknown source where the ion cannon is the second from the back but this is strange and illogical.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:32 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

from what i know the ISD I's should have its ion cannon turrets at the back.

heres a side pic of the original devastator model off the technical commentarys site

as you can see the turret at the end of the battery is different then the others and this is were the ion cannons would go.

also from what i have see the isd II's in game has its ion cannons mostly in the area bellow the bridge. as far as I'm concerned the ISD II is correct. and the ISD I just needs some moving of the turrets and maybe some remodeling of the turrets at a much latter date

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Actually i think that the ISD I had NK-7 Ion cannons on the sides which look like this :

Otherwise the models are just perfect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:40 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

the borstle NK-9's arn't really big. there no bigger then the standerd turboaser. yes the ISD I has thouse on it but you cant really see them becase there so small.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:01 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

You do see turbolaser towers on the sides of the ship, so you should see these also, but nevermind this would be nitpicking. When your ISDs face off in a massive battle against the rebels you don't pay that much attention to the details, although i do sometimes stop and enjoy the beauty of  the ISD. I think this is the most detailed model you'll find in any game.

OK back to bugs, the Endor scenario crashes (actually freezes) at the end of the loading. I may have set it up wrong since there are 4 players, but there are no setup instructions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

hmm it is loading a retarded number of ships, can anyone else run the endor scenario?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:26 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I don't have a problem loading it, although it's really jittery for the first couple seconds

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

its really jittery for me all the way threw until quite a few of the ships are dead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hi,

I have found a bug that is quite annoying but doesn't disrupt gameplay. I have been playing this mod on lan with some friends and the only side I know thoroughly is the Imperials.

Anyway, whenever I load any kind of fighter class ship (ex tie fighters, bombers...anything) into my ships, they dock but then I hear this buzzing of tie engines, even when they are inside the ships. Ive tried zooming kilometers away from the ships and going into the command view, but I still hear this annoying ambient sound of dozens of tie engines idling at once.

It only stops when I eject the tie fighters from the ship(s).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:56 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

yeah I've had that two, the quick way to get rid of it is to go to the menu and resume the game

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:48 pm 

just checking a few things, not sure if they are bugs or have been removed

Ping dosnt seem to work on what i have tested so far (well vanguard), missile salvo dosnt work (again not sure if you removed it or something wrong with the mod), TF actually out perform Z95's yet is half the price (is rather shocking but nice to see they arnt as bad as they used to be).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:50 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

EvilleJedi wrote:
hmm it is loading a retarded number of ships, can anyone else run the endor scenario?

i cant load the endor scenario either it just freezes i dont think its my video card or ram

Profile E-mail