Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: bugs in 0.56 test release 4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:28 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

post here any bugs that you find in the latest big file release, if they are easy to fix I'll post a quick file update

Post subject: Re: bugs in 0.56 test release 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:43 am 

Not sure if this is a bug, or an unavoidable Homeworld thing, but AI capital ships have this fetish for crashing their capital ships into mine. I watched three militia procurator destoyers followed one another into collision oblivion against an ISD II in the space of five minutes. The Star destroyer was completely undamaged!?!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:57 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

it seems to be a bug in the attack scripts, it should be fixable

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 am 

Couple of new ones.

1) The first is the Militia invincible dreadnaught. With the current release, the game crashes whenever you or AI tries to build it. My solution was to grab the ship file from the last microrelease and replace it (required some .big file unpacking and re-packing obviously). It seems to work fine now.

2) Still on the Militia, the game occasionally crashes for no apparent reason when these side is used by player or AI.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:31 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I found one in the new duel mode

when playing a few of them as team one it would give me hillgaran dreadnats instaed of the warlords ones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:07 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

OOM-911 wrote:
when playing a few of them as team one it would give me hillgaran dreadnats instaed of the warlords ones

I had a similiar problem except I had a couple of Progenitor Dreadnaughts as part of my fleet. And they didn't last long at all. lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:25 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

hi@all
"found" a pretty big bug in my mod concerning research. playin with imperial forces everythings fine, but playin wiht both rebel or pirat forces my research tree is empty, can't research anything, the AI does, but i cant allthough i set the settings "research: enabled"...and thats not so good ;D
but everything else works perfect...so keep up the good work...and plz help me ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:00 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I noticed this to but i just think the feature hasent been added yet, for example the empires tech tree isnt complete either you can only go up to level 1 of starfighters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

research doesn't work, just set it to off

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:44 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I've been keepin an eye on the whole mod for some time now and I'm lovin it...but to business...

1: I utilize the Warlords 0.5 in the Single vs CPU, and within 5 or so minutes my nav bouy randomly blows up....not cool, anything to fix that or is that something I'll have to simply wait on?

2: Also, when using the other selection for Single vs CPU, I cant build anything higher than a ISD cause you can research the Cruiser Shipyard....

Anyone here figured it out, if so PLEASE tell me, I wanna build the SSD's and such.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:17 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

turn off research, its bugged anyway

the nav bouy blows up because of the build time setting, change that and it will stay around longer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:37 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I love the new release, the Venator and providence look great, however there are still some bugs :
1. The refinery ships don't work properly, mole miners get stuck and they don't use all of the drop points
2. Some ships still have the massdriver fire effect when firring missiles
3. When building the executor the resources go down to - 1220000 or something (however this does not happen with the mandator and Class III forts which are also expensive)
4. The barrels on the class III go too far behind when firring
5. The 2 front double turbolasers on the Venator have a too big firring arc (they turn completely frontal which is absurd)
6. Not a bug but will the star dreadnaughts ever get guns like other ships ?
7. The providence annihilated the 2 Venator with minimal damage is this intentional or is it a lack of balance

Anyways it's a great release, the battles are breath taking and massive. Keep up the awesome work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:25 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I actually think the Providence Class is meant to be as powerful as it is. It was, after all, the most feared ship class employed by the Confederacy. And for good reason obviously seeing as two mass-produced Venator class destroyers don't hold a candle to it.  8) I just love the CIS!

Ah yes and as far as bugs go...

The Republic's Praetor Cruiser seems to blast itself with its own missile attacks every now and then. It doesn't seem to cause any damage to itself but it does cause a pretty crazy light show across its hull and lights up the surrounding area like the fouth of July.

Last edited by ViceroyZen on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:01 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

The Praetor is an old model and EvilleJedi said that those are bugged.
I agree that the Providence should win even against 3 Venators, but the Venators didn't even penetrate it's ''shields'' (although the Providence has superior Mon Calamari shielding) and by the end of the battle its health was back to 100%. I'll try playing as the Republic to see how much damage i can do to that Providence ;D.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:04 am 

Speaking of Mon Calamari shielding...

I know this must be getting really annoying now Eville but an MC80 against a pair ISD II's (haven't tested the I's) was disabled at an incredible rate. I'm talking 10 seconds.

It didn't start to happen until the II's got to mid/close range.

In a pound for pound match the Mon Cal gets pummelled in an incredibly satisfying fashion, but Mon Cals are built (even the 80's) with an inordinate amount of backup systems, making them very difficult to disable.

It seems funny, especially since ISD II's only have 20 ion cannon. I wonder how quickly a pair of ISD I's would do it......

Anyone else seen this?

Profile E-mail