games were warlords can be found.

Warlord-Tarkov

• SWR Staff - Executive

I am currently working with a modding group that hopes to have their own DX9/DX10 engine running next year, if that is successful then essentially it will be a brand new game with complete freedom to implement any features.

I am looking into sins of a solar empire as a possible next step, their graphics are improving and the gameplay feature set is strong.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Personally, I'm hoping to see Star Wars in ground combat... ala Supreme Commander :)

If the SWTA/SWS team doesn't start on it, I hope Eville will. Yes, new models and such.. but hey, put VSDs in the atmosphere if it works.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 3 weeks later...

The SWS team's desire is to essentially jump straight to the SupCom version of their mod.

They already have complete models (highpoly) and weaponsets etc, and the SupCom tools available should mean that SW:SupCom should be the first fully featured conversion released for SupCom, within a couple of days for initial units-only, with several more months following for additional GUI interface changes etc and skinning for the overall look and feel.

And really glad to see that you are looking into Sins as a possible platform. I was hoping as much (you could prolly tell based on my response to the thread I made earlier ;) ).

And a full featured DX9/DX10 engine by an unproven team seems grat in theory, but in practice, it takes years for small dev teams to iron out all the bugs - look at Spring, or ORTS, etc.

As for supcom for space - the bottom line unfortunately is that 2D worlds can never fully realize the depth of space based combat. HW2 came closest to realizing the combat aspect of it, but its poor resource and gameplay scaling means that Warlords is only a combat simulator, and not a full game.

If Sins can deliver what its promising, it will be a perfect fit indeed... personally in terms of graphics, I think what the are delivering already (in terms of prettiness) is absolutely mind blowing, given the scale of the damn thing. And of course itll prolly improve as more bugs are ironed out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive
ORB and Hegemonia never really impressed me. I would stick with Homeworld :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

The only problem for HW is the fact that it has difficulties with the larger (super-cap) ships.

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

well the other thing that might be a idea is HW1 as if i remember they released the source code for that some time ago, i doubt it would look as nice but its always a thought :) Still i really do like what has been done with warlords so far, it will be nice to see it reach 1.0 (but i guess thats a long long way away).