Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject: EAWS Hosting
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 pm 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

I am haylay owner and founder of Empire At War System and i would like to get my site a bit closer to other star wars sites thus SWR the perfect choice.

Subject: Empire At War System

Site Name: Empire At War System
Domain/subdomain requested: eaws.swrebellion.com
Current site or forums: http://eaws.vndv.com/

Admin Name(s): Haylay , DucksOfGrass and Johnathan
Email: haydenkearns@gmail.com

What is the purpose of the hosting?: Closer to a bigger community of star wars
Provide proof of activity: Ok so i do not have 20 active members yet but i do hope to pick up some as soon as Enigma Studios takes off(A group that is making a halo mod and is hosted with us).
Any special considerations: Nope none at all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: EAWS Hosting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:24 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hi Haylay,

(Sorry I'm asking all these questions. It's not to offend you or anything)

What is the history of your group? I see your current site is really recent, so I cannot judge the history of your project. Is this Halo mod going to be your product? Is any work done on it? How big is your team? How committed are they?

What is your unique contribution?
As you are probably well aware, the EaW community isn't necessarily growing. It's already fractured ... there are too many mods and not enough active contributors. I don't want this to be "just-another-EaW-site" because people aren't necessarily going to register and contribute to all 20+ sites. We have already declined several EaW hosting requests because they did not have really much of anything to give.

Ideally, it would be better if all the EaW mods got together on one site to discuss and share resources.
I admit that hasn't happened with us running hosting several well-established sites, PFF, ImperialAssault, Thrawn's Revenge...

UnitedStudios happens to be our latest one, and I see you're on their site already.
Would you not be more beneficial to run with their group? Or is the goal of your group uniquely different from their concept?

Are you planning to keep your existing memht portal system? I ask because running another software package for every site increases what we have to support. And our forums code already scales well enough to handle our 9000 current users. It's a thought, if you didn't want to maintain the code yourself :)

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:05 am 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

Quote:
What is the history of your group? I see your current site is really recent, so I cannot judge the history of your project. Is this Halo mod going to be your product? Is any work done on it? How big is your team? How committed are they?

I am not the leader but i am the Co-leader and our team contains 4 members we do have a modeler and skinner and rigger and we are wanting to get the mod done due to some very annoying people thinking we can not pull it off.
Quote:
What is your unique contribution?
As you are probably well aware, the EaW community isn't necessarily growing. It's already fractured ... there are too many mods and not enough active contributors. I don't want this to be "just-another-EaW-site" because people aren't necessarily going to register and contribute to all 20+ sites. We have already declined several EaW hosting requests because they did not have really much of anything to give.

I am glad you asked you see i hated when i first came and people tried to dust me off our site's goal is to provide a friendly place for people to stay we also do not tolerate extreme curse words at all.
Quote:
Ideally, it would be better if all the EaW mods got together on one site to discuss and share resources.
I admit that hasn't happened with us running hosting several well-established sites, PFF, ImperialAssault, Thrawn's Revenge...

Sigh if only that would happen.
Quote:
UnitedStudios happens to be our latest one, and I see you're on their site already.
Would you not be more beneficial to run with their group? Or is the goal of your group uniquely different from their concept?

Yes a merge with them would be great i am in that group to and well it is just one of or members has bad past left did something banned and i think he may have been banned and he is also our leader i am thinking about talking to him in the future about a possible merge.
EDIT: Ouch just read some thing else no way will Duck and Byron want to merge.
Quote:
Are you planning to keep your existing memht portal system? I ask because running another software package for every site increases what we have to support. And our forums code already scales well enough to handle our 9000 current users. It's a thought, if you didn't want to maintain the code yourself :)

Yea seeing as Memht crashed once on your server(United Studios ouch web site down for ages thank goodness the new one is almost up) i think i would switch to what ever else is on offer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:07 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

It's sad that people with common interests cannot work together. Too bad egos flair up, esp online. But that's just the way it happens sometime

I have some work on my end to do... but I will approve this and get you set up on our system. That way, we have all our code already in place... you can just start adding your own content.
If your needs grow beyond that, we'd definitely work with you to handle your needs.

The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:17 pm 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

K so that is a yes just when will it be up ???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

Should be ready to go - I'll send you an email with your access. I'll need further information to proceed

The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 pm 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

K

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 pm 
<!-- Grand Moff //-->

Just checking to see how your site is going and if you need anything from us. I noticed eaws.swrebellion.com isn't up, are you using a different domain or subdomain?

Profile E-mail