Super Hero ideas: discuss super hero ideas

Logan Felipe

Here's one of mine I wrote a couple years ago: I wrote it in the campy style of the spider man radio program and 60s batman tv show (Sorry about the format; indentation translated poorly from microsoft word). The character is based on a seemingly invincible comet feeder fish I once had (whose name was comet).

The Adventures of

Comet the Super Fish!

Comet and the Belligerent Bivalve.

It is the first week of the salmon fly hatch. Thousands of salmon flies head for Blue Bay to ensure the survival of their species. And at the bottom of Blue Bay sits the underwater city of Icthopolis. Icthopolis depends upon the salmon fly hatch as part of the Icthopian diet. On an average day, Icthopolis is peaceful, yet bustling with aquatic life.

But today, something smells fishy in Icthopolis; and it’s not the inhabitants! The evil scientist Dr. Shellfish, a selfish oyster bent on ruling the world, has designed a terrible device to aide his takeover of Icthopia. Zoo keeper Fred Flounder is concerned about this threat. But before he can investigate, he must change into his alter ego. Faster than a speeding pike! Stronger than the jaws of a Great White Shark! Able to lift up to 500 times his weight: Comet, the Super Fish!

His identity concealed beneath his mask and cape, our hero makes a bee-line for Dr. Shellfish’s secret lab. He breaks down the door with his powerful tail and bursts into the room, blocking the main entrance. Dr. Shellfish swims towards the rear exit.

“Not so fast, Shellfish!” Comet shouts.

“You’re too late, Comet!” Shellfish snarls. “Nothing can stop me now! Once I activate my Algae Ray, the Bay will fill with algae. The Mayor will be forced to adhere to my commands! And then Icthopolis will be mine, MINE!! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!”

“You can’t do that!” demands Comet. “The massive amounts of algae will suffocate the city! I won’t let you do that!”

“…which is why I’ve called in my best mussels to deal with you!” Shellfish snaps his shell closed and opens it again. All around them, doors burst open and dozens of mussels burst into the room, surrounding our hero. Dr. Shellfish swims to the exit. “So long, Super Fish!” He locks the door behind him and gets to his Algae Ray’s transportation craft.

“I’ve got to stop him!” exclaims Comet in desperation.

“You heard the boss; you’re not goin’ anywhere!” says one of the mussels.

“We’ll see about that!” Comet retorts. The mussels start rushing towards him. He knocks two of them away with a swat of his tail. He smacks away another with his right fin. One mussel manages to clamp onto his left fin. Comet slams it against the wall of the lab, and the mussel releases its grip. Another clamps onto his tail. Comet swims up to the glass window in the ceiling, slamming the mussel against it. The window shatters, glass cascading into the lab, bouncing harmlessly off of Comet’s scales.

Free of the mussel, he soars through the empty window pane, using his super senses to follow Dr. Shellfish. He can see a trail of algae leading to Icthopolis. “Flipping flounders! I hope I’m not too late.” Suddenly, he feels something. “My Super Senses are tingling!” He turns around and sees a swarm of mussels chasing him. “They must have been following me; I’ll have to loose them!” As he turns back around, our hero sees an enormous octopus also heading for him. He sits still, watching both the octopus and the swarm of mussels race towards him. “Wait a minute, I have an idea!” He sits still, waiting for the right moment. Then, just as the octopus spreads his tentacles to devour our hero, he uses his Super Speed to dart out of the way of the impending collision. The swarm of mussels and the octopus meet head-on; both parties stunned.

Taking advantage of this, Comet grasps all eight tentacles and envelopes the unconscious mussels with the octopus. Using his Super-Strength, he spins the octopus around rapidly, the tentacles gathered in his mouth. Once he has the desired speed, he lets go, sending his assailants soaring off into the distance. “That was closer than a chitin on basalt!” he exclaims. He then resumes his desperate flight.

Meanwhile, in Icthopolis, Dr. Shellfish has begun to unleash his Algae Ray on the City. Algae begins to fill the water in thick clouds.

“Citizens of Icthopolis!” he shouts from the top of Sturgeon Tower, his voice amplified by his loofah microphone. “I, Dr. Shellfish, the greatest scientist in all the seven seas, am willing to spare you, but only if you cooperate with my demands! Submit to me, and I will show you mercy!”

“Stop right there, you bloated bivalve!” It’s Comet to the rescue! Dr. Shellfish is enraged.

“Comet? But how- what did you do to my mussels?”

“You all right, Doctor? You seem a little steamed there.” Comet taunts.

“Get him!” Shellfish yells. More of his mussels speed towards our hero. Comet aligns himself properly. Then, just as the first mussel is about to hit…

CRACK!

Comet smacks the mussel back at the Algae Ray. He does this over and over, until the machine is riddled with Shellfish’s henchmen. Suddenly, sparks skip across the surface of the machine. And then…

BOOM!

The Algae Ray explodes in a plume of hot bubbles.

“My Algae Ray!” exclaims Dr. Shellfish.

“Now its time for me to clean up your act!” Comet begins swimming rapidly in a circle, making a small whirlpool. The whirlpool sucks in the algae, clearing the waters of Icthopolis once more. Then the whirlpool catches Dr. Shellfish, who shrieks as he is pulled in:

“I’ll get you, Comet!” Ignoring the oyster’s protests, Comet then launches the massive ball of algae out of the water, nearly missing a picnic table on the beach.

Back in Icthopolis, the citizens rejoice, and Comet is awarded the Medal of Honor for defending the city.

The End

Tune in next time for the next installment of The Adventures of Comet the Super Fish: Comet and the Mole Crab King!

Note: for added fun, have Word 2003's microsoft Sam read the text. The word emphasis is humorously inaccurate.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.