Turning To The Dark Side

mrpp

During the game, Rebellion has Luke encountering Darth Vader and getting a bump up in his Force rating.

As Luke has more encounters he risks capture, and can eventually overcome Darth Vader or gets captured.

As capturing Luke is one of the main Character goals for the game, is there any possibilty that he actually turns to the Dark Side?

What I mean is under certain conditions once captured, does Luke ever then become playable for the Empire?

I'm toying around with a few ideas for a TC. Something along the lines of Mara Jade in the Luke slot, and upon her encounters with Luke eventually switching sides. Luke would have to be in the Vader spot of course.

In the game Luke is never a playable character for the Empire. If Vader captures Luke and then takes him to Palpy for the Final Battle, there are only two outcomes: he wins (which means he captures both Vader & Palpy) or he loses (he remains a captured rebel character). If you send Luke to get Palpy, basically it's the same thing without Vader, but you also get the possibility of a foiled mission (with Luke remaining free for further game play).
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I had a curious incident happen to me once inwhich a character did switch sides! I was playing a game a loaded a new character to replace an existing one, forgetting to retain the alignment to the Alliance. When I checked the character ingame I realized my error, but noted it's affiliation had changed to the Empire. (Was at the time captured by me)

The only down side was an ability to do anything with the character which the game didn't seem to allow. Just stuck on a system aligned to me but useless.

This is similar to when you make special forces buildable by both sides. If you invade and capture a system any special forces of the enemy on it that you can also build are yours to command.

Conclusion: Given Special Forces behave in a similar fashion to charactors, it should be possible to make Luke switch sides. Just need the source code or someone to figure it out with the game files... :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Jahled wrote:

... This is similar to when you make special forces buildable by both sides. If you invade and capture a system any special forces of the enemy on it that you can also build are yours to command...

So, are you saying: (for example) If the Empire was to produce Bothan spies (instead of espionage droids), had several on an Imperial controlled system that gets assaulted (successfully) by the Rebel Alliance, then those same Bothan spies (previously produced by the Empire) would now be available to use by the Rebel Alliance? :?: I've never tried this. :?

I would have thought that the game would keep track of the "Imperial espionage droid" info throughout the game, regardless of what actual data (pictures and stats) where in the data slots, so that this "unit" would always be Imperial. :?

What happens if you give Neb-B ships to both sides? Can you capture those ships? :D (although I don't believe this would work).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Jahled wrote:

... This is similar to when you make special forces buildable by both sides. If you invade and capture a system any special forces of the enemy on it that you can also build are yours to command...

So, are you saying: (for example) If the Empire was to produce Bothan spies (instead of espionage droids), had several on an Imperial controlled system that gets assaulted (successfully) by the Rebel Alliance, then those same Bothan spies (previously produced by the Empire) would now be available to use by the Rebel Alliance? :?: I've never tried this. :?

I was completely surprised myself when, as the Empire, upon assualting a rebel system I suddenly found myself in possession of several Alliance Infiltrator units. You can send them on missions as well! Best thing Tex is see for your self! I must confess though to not playing with it like this on account of being fearful of a game-crash, it is after all wading into uncharted waters as far as the game engine knows what to do or can handle...

What happens if you give Neb-B ships to both sides? Can you capture those ships? :D (although I don't believe this would work).

Your instincts are right, you simply have the ability to build ships normally available to the other side; you can't capture them, mainly because you're going to have the obsticle of the tactical battle inbetween...

EDIT: Might be an easy way to enable the rebel's to be able to assassinate characters.... but untested...

EDIT: Might be an easy way to enable the rebel's to be able to assassinate characters.... but untested...

Another way is to use the Assaisnation cheat from the download area

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Another way is to use the Assaisnation cheat from the download area

Hence my skillful use of the word easy, dude; but good point! :)

I'm goin through the painstaking process of turning the game on its head having the New Republic starting on Coruscant.

I have found that sometimes I am getting some of the Imperial Special Forces at start up, even though I can't build them.

There must be some sort of default in the game code that causes this.

There is. Its the location of the cards. I noticed it when testing the new Reloaded fighters; if you replace the Ywings with a new fighter, you get several of those new fighters at the games start (even if the new fighter requires research, so you can't build them right away). I assume this is the case for special forces as well. To fix it, just load the cards backwards (swap the Imp and New Republic cards). That should be all you need to get NR special forces at start.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Is's actually more complicated than that.

I've swapped the positions of the cards. Eg Bothan Spies for Espionage Droids or whatever you have in that slot. I loaded the cards backwards.

When you play the switched Imperial (used to be Rebel) side of the game you still end up with Bothan Spies, etc at the start.

It is not too much of a big deal, cause when I have the game started you could argue that having the Rebels just taking Coruscant there would be some Imperial forces left on the Rebel Planets.

My biggest problem now though is related to my other post Re : Popular Support Display Bar.

Unfortunately no-one has responded to that and I'm worried that no-one knows the answer!!