New Card Creation Hull/shield Wpn values

rebelprivateer

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody out there could tell me how to convert Hull codes/Shield rating and Wpn damages to new ships, when making new cards.

I am familiar with both the WEG and the WOC stats for almost all the ships and want to know How the game design time figured out some of the number they assigned to ships.

Take for except the CEC DP-20 Gunship, in both RPG worlds it has a hull of 4d+2 or 460points shields 2d+2 or 260

8 Turbo Lasers 4D+2 or 4d10x5

6 Quad Laser 5d or 5d10x2

4 Concussion missile Tubes for 9D or 9d10x5 damage

so how in the heck did they come up with 150 Laser dam x 4 arcs?

The Reason I ask is I want to add a few new Cap Ship cards, but want the game to remaind balance. I dont want my new ships to be over or under powered compared to existing ships. I have come up with a eye figure for thise numnbers based on the other ships, but want to know if anyone has cracked the code for converting ships from there RPG stats to Rebillion Stats

Confused

Rebeleprivateer

Every place you look, the numbers are different. If you check Wookipedia, you will get another set of numbers. If you check the technical manuals (the physical books, with lots of pictures), you'll get another set of numbers. None of the sources agree with each other.

Rebellion has another set of numbers that really cannot be compared to other sources. If you want it to be like one of the others, like the RPGs, then you have to convert every ship, and the fighters, and the ground defenses, to the new system of numbers. If you want to add a ship with RPG stats without changing everything, you should just think about comparisons. Is the gunship more or less powerful than a Mon Cal cruiser? Should it be faster or slower than a Corellian Corvette? Those types of questions are how I add ships and modify stats.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Master_Xan,

OK well Darn it. I was hoping someone had figured it out. I already pretty much eye balled the numbers for my new ships based off the existing ships in the game, but again was really hoping someone had figured it out.

Interesting idea about converting all the Ships though. I think that would qualifiy under a TC. That would be alot of work converting the 30 Cap shp slots, the 8 starfighters, and the Defense slots. but it wouldn't be to hard. I may just do that.

Thanks

Rebelprivateer