Card Display Question

Blev

So I decided to try and make a card or two and I've having a bit of a display issue. I've been looking around to see if there was an issue similiar to mine, but can't seem to find anything, so figured I'd ask. I seem to get this kind of blue halo or a lot of blue pixels bleeding into the pictures and it is happening with all the pictures for the cards.

I figured might help giving a rundown of what I'm doing, see if anything I'm doing is wrong:

What I'm using is Adobe Photoshop 7.0. When I bring the picture into Photoshop, I'm getting a message that says "The RGB document has a file format that does not support embedded color profiles." I've been converting it to Adobe RGB 1998, though it doesn't seem to matter whether I convert or ignore with regards to the blue pixel issue.

Basically, I pre-setup blank cards with the required blue background as well as the Rebel and Imperial background for the Encyclopedia cards. What I've been doing is selecting what I need with the various tools from the picture I'm working with and copying and pasting it onto the blank cards, flattening the image, and then loading it into the cards picture area. It looks fine in RebEd generally, but once I get into game, you get the blue pixel issue.

Anything I'm doing wrong? I noticed the deal with the bottom left blue pixel dealy, but that didn't help.

• SWR Staff - Executive

First, make sure antialiasing is disabled. That will cause a lot of the blue bleeding.

Second, you'll need to work within Rebellion's 256-color palette. Usually that just means opening up a Rebellion bitmap (background, whatever) and then copying your source image onto that background. If you've done it right, your image program should try to do a color-match to the nearest color within the 256-color palette.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Looks like anti-aliasing was the culprit. I still get a slight bit, but I think part of that is the wizard tool not being fine enough selection wise. So I'll just have to go back and cut out the extra pixels.

Thanks.