The Clone Wars Total Conversion By:Adthrawn

adthrawn

Who should be the fourth main character for the Confederacy?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the fourth main character for the Confederacy?

• Assaji Ventress
    • Durge
    • Nute Gunray
    • Other(Please post who you think.)

http://img59.echo.cx/img59/4319/clonewars1zk.th.jpg

I am currently working on a total conversion. This will only change cards and their stats. I have done most of the units and other things. I will post pictures of the cards here and will gladly take any opinions that you may have. I will keep the percent done of each section listed here.

Fighters------------97%

Capital Ships------78%

Troops-------------98%

Characters--------80%

Planets-------------76%

Special Forces-----98%

Dll------------------10%

Defenses-----------10%

Models-------------3%

Adthrawn

Edited by adthrawn

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

I know we'll need to have palpitine and yoda as the main characters for the Republic. I currently have Grievous, Dokku, Sidious, and Ventress as the main characters for the Confederacy.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

here's the problem,

at what point are you planning for the TC to start? after ep 1? at the end of ep 2? at the end of ep 3?

Also, no way I can see to do the whole anakin conversion. Closest thing would be to have Anakin be in place of luke, have Yoda be in place of Mon Mothma, and have Mace and Obi in place of the others, then have Count Dooku and Sidious in place of vader/palpatine.

That way, the confederacy has to recruit members, a realistic thing given the nature of the separatist high council.... Sidious had to recruit all the leaders of it, and Greivous didn't rise until later on. On the other hand, the Jedi Council were around before the clone wars.

I dunno. I think it will be fun, mostly because of the new units, but I think it will take some massive rewriting / editing if you are going to change some of the fundamentals to better reflect the nature of the clone wars.

Again, good job!

Well, the clone wars started with the upcoming of the clone-troops and the battle of Geonosis in Episode 2 and endet with the strike against the Jedis and Palpatines declaring the empire in Episode 3. After the battle of Geonosis several Jedis allready were dead, Grivous should have appeared short after this.

I think it is the more practicabel way to change the Empire into the Old Republic with Palpatine and Yoda or Skywalker, the Rebelion into the Seperatists (they moved their Headquarter several times, as you can see in Episode 3). Sidious shouldn't be a character of the Confederation, because he ruled through dummies. Or as an alternative you could place Sidious into the Confederation and remove Palpatine from the Republic. This way the game would be about whether Palpatine is successfull to become regent of Galaxy aggainst the resistance of the Jedis. Or the third posibility: Remove Plapatine/Sidious completely, so it would be a complete war Jedis/Clones against Confedation troops.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

Just my take on it, but I'd probably do it like this:

Empire: Old Republic

Emperor Palpy=Chancellor Palpy

Darth Vader=Mace Windu

The Reasoning behind this is that Palpy is the Supreme Chancellor and makes all the important decisions, so therefore it would make sense for him to give that leadership bonus. He's also manipulative (a good diplomat), and giving him some combat would make sense because if he were truly theatened, he would fight with that Dark Side strength that would make sure no attacker would live to reveal his power. Windu could use mind tricks as a diplomat and we know he could fight. Since he trained padawans, I guess that could translate into recruitment. Also, it would make sense for certain events. Giving the Republic Coruscant also makes sense according to the movies.

Rebellion: Confederacy

Mon Mothma=Nute Gunray

Luke Skywalker=General Grievous

Han Solo=Durge

Leia=Count Dooku

According to the Clone Wars television show and the movies, it was of vital importance to capture General Grievous and Nute Gunray. Since they were the prime targets in the show/movie, it makes sense for them to be the guys to go after in the game. Mothma's diplomacy/leadership translates well into Gunray, and you could remove Grievous' diplomacy in favor of some leadership and titles (consider giving Gunray some titles, too). Solo's stats would make a good Durge, and we saw from the Clone Wars cartoons that he prefers speedy vehicles, so it wouldnt be too far-fetched to imagine that his ship is speedy enough to justify that Milennium Falcon event. Finally, Count Dooku makes a great diplomat and leader, but Leia's stats make him rather weak. Buff out Dooku's combat and espionage up to 80 or so, and you've got a strong team. I'm aware that these major characters are more powerful than the Republic's major characters, but I think its more than balanced when you have all those Jedi on the Republic side, and the Confederacy only has Ventress and possibly Jango Fett.

As for the events, you could consider these:

Luke Learns his heritage: Grievous and Windu, both Generals, meet for the first time, probably over Holograms (As it would make sense for them to at least meet to exchange demands/threats). This event means that Grievous has to "prepare for war", and so goes off to hunt random Jedi and comes back stronger. It is also the time when Grievous tells Dooku that he needs to stop acting like a diplomat and take a more aggressive position, thus activating the Force Powers that Dooku had been holding back (the leia event). Grievous Vs. Palpy already happened in the cartoon, as did Grievous vs. Windu. If Grievous gets captured, just rationalize and say that there were too many people around for Grievous and he got swarmed and captured. The Dooku vs. Windu or Palpy would work, as they would only occur after Grievous tells Dooku that the time for action is now. Finally, we can say that the remaining Mandalorians aren't too happy with Durge, and attack him occasionally with the intent to turn him in to the Republic, taking care of Solo's event.

Well, thats how I would do it. I havent read any of the books, so I may be missing something, but its something to consider.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• 1 month later...
I have a problem. For the events, what do I do when someone confrontes Palpatine?

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

How much effort are you willing to put into it? You could use new event pics (or edit them like in P:TESB) and do new voices. If you do that, then you can make any event you want!
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I'm redoing all the pics in the Rebedit Dll and others. I'm currently trying to find pics to use for the confrontations. I have most done. I'm just stuck with Palpatine. It's obvious that if any one confronts Palpatibne he'll be captured. Here's a list of the major characters right now.

Darth Sidous-Mon Mothma

Count Dooku-Leia

General Grievous-Luke

?-Han

Chancellor-Emperor

Yoda-Vader

Pics I have

Dooku/Yoda

Dooku/Palpatine

Grievous/Palpatine-I plan on using a still from the Clone Wars Series.

The major problem is that I need a person who can use photoshop or something to splice some pictures together for dlls.

And I understand what you said above. It's just hard to think of who to put where. And for the minor characters, The Republic has Jedi and senators. The Confederacy has a few dark Jedi from the games and such, and they have senators.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

don't forget Commander Cody. As the only "named" Trooper, he deserves a character slot! Anyway, some suggestions for the dll pics (assuming you have ready access to images from the Clone Wars cartoon).

Grievous (pre-dagobah/whatever event): Theres a great scene where Palpy and the Jedi are riding down an elevator to escape, and Grievous is actually running down the wall, chasing them. No one says anything, and Grievous just turns his head and looks over at them inside the elevator. A still shot of that would be cool. "General Grievous has attempted to capture the Chancellor. He was/was not able to evade the Chancellor's body guards and captured/failed to capture Palpatine." Or something like that.

Grievous (post-dagobah/whatever event): Unless I'm wrong (I probably am), the above scene is the only good image with both Palpatine and Grievous in it at the same time. However, in the scene where they are in the subway, I believe we get a shot at the back of Palpy's head, and another scene with Grievous sticking to a wall. Cut the background around Palpy's head and paste him onto the scene with Grievous, giving the viewer the perspective that they are behind Palpy, who is looking at Grievous. "Grievous has confronted the Chancellor in an attempt to capture him. The Chancellor's bodyguards were/were not able to protect the Chancellor from Grievous. Palpatine/Grievous was lost." or something like that.

Dooku Vs. Palpatine: Look at the Asajj Ventress Vs. Dooku battle when she wakes up in his headquarters. You see a really nice shot of Dooku at the bottom right, pointing his lightsabre out in a thrust against Ventress. capture that image and delete everything but Dooku and his sabre. Paste that into that scene where Palpy is sitting in his chair with his fingers interlocked (where he was talking to Padme). "Count Dooku has confronted Chancellor Palpatine. The Chancellor's bodyguards were/were not able to protect him, and Dooku abducted/failed to abduct Palpatine." Or something like that.

Just a question though--do we want Chancellor Palpatine and Sidious in the same game? It might be odd if I send Sidious to capture himself :lol:

I know. I was debating this with my self. I think that Darth Sidious, from the Republic view, would be a huge key to bringing the Confederacy apart. But I think, if I remember correctly, only the Jedi know of Sidious. In that light Dooku or Gunray would be the idle leader. I'm still tossing that idea in my head. I'll look into those Clone Wars shotts tomorrow. But the major thing I want is pictures from the movies, or that look real. I'll watch my movies tonight to find some pics. I forgot that I also have the few Clone Commanders that were in the movie. What about the Confederacy? They don't really have any people that can fight, unless I dig deep into the EU.

MDK-I think I'll just take out Sidious. I'm not sure.

DarkForces-This takes place right before the Battle of Geonosis.

All-The Jedi in the game will mostly be members of the Jedi Council. A few others will be thrown in.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

Ah my bad. I thought you wanted pics from the cartoons. As far as Sidious is concerned, no one except the Sith knows he exists. They know A Sith Lord exists, but they're unaware of his name. To that end, I'm gonna say Gunray would be best, but its up to you of course.

Consider Durge and Ventress for Confederacy people. Since you're talking about right before the battle of Geonosis, you can use Jango Fett, too Maybe Zam Wesell, depending on how long before Geonosis. If you drop combat and espionage from Palpy, then it starts to get a little more balanced because the Confederacy leaders (Grievous, Dooku, and whoever you replace Han with) will probably be really powerful. I dont know your setup, but I imagine it might be something like 15 Jedi for the Republic? To keep it balanced, I'd suggest doing what was done in the Protectorate: the minor character Jedi will be Jedi 100% of the time, but have like a 20-40 level variance. Alternatively, consider this:

The Jedi were having trouble detecting enemy presences at this time, and Jedi were also fairly common at this time. It was people with really high midichlorian counts that were rare. To that end, why don't you make all the minor Jedi (except for Mace Windu and a couple others) just regular fighters, and not Jedi? Go into the DLLs and change the text to say "I have discovered that xJedinamex has an unusually high midichlorian count. We should conduct training to increase his potential" or something. Change Force Ranking to Midichlorian Level, and make it something like low, medium, high, Chosen One, etc. This not only allows you to balance out the Confederacy people, but also to use the Jedi on missions involving force sensitives without them botching it up.

As for images that look real, I cant help with those because Dooku and Palpy, or Grievous and Palpy arent in any good shots in the movies

I've got some pics from episode III I can edit together to work. As with the Jedi, that's a great idea. At this point I've got alot of Jedi built up really high. Making them trainable would be a good idea. I also am changing the little symbols every where. I will find those dlls and work on those. I'll give you a update tomorrow on how this is going.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of Palpatine in charge of the Empire. I think that Anakin/Darth Vader should be his right hand.

You could play it as the NEW Empire versus the JEDI/Rebellion.

Have Yoda in place for Mon Mothma, Obi-Wan as Luke Skywalker or Han Solo, Bail Organa as Han Solo, and Padme as Leia. Put lots of Jedi in the Rebellion side and have Anakin/Darth Vader find them and Destroy them.

Your version could work also and it does sound like a fun game.

I too am getting bored with the original Rebellion game. And I am looking for ways to spice it up more.

Good Luck!!!!

I'm coming along nicley on this. I've got some other cards I'm making and a campaign and mods for SWGB. Plus Schools starting.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

• 5 months later...
Thanks for your intrest! I was about to scrap the project because it appeared that no one cared. Well...back to the drawing board!! I have a beta release I was gonna post but...Not enough people. I'll compile it and host it somwhere. Evaders, can I submit a beta here?

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

Almost all the cards are done. I'm doing the dll,s now. I won't do models unless anybody here wants to help. You may just have to get others for it.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

All right. I'm gonna post a beta version by friday.

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War