Anybody remember this board game?

When the original star wars movies were being rereleased to theaters, my parents found a board game where you had to sneak around the death star and try to sabatoge it and it had a VHS video where Darth Vader would taunt you and make one of you his disciple. Man I wish I knew what happened to that game, only ever got to play it once.

http://ge.swsimulation.com/icc4/images/ranks/army-navy/ME-1.gif

Recruit Tork Empla

Imperial Navy

"He who angers you, owns you."

It sounds like a pretty neat game. Unfortunately, the only original piece of Star Wars memorabilia I own is a cheesy Chewie figure I found at a garage sale. Anything else I own was bought during the Special Edition and Prequel hype days...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Hey, I can help you out; I have that game! It is called "Star Wars The Interactive Video Board Game", my box is copyright 1996. It followed a wave of popularity several years ago, where you play the game according to cues from a constantly-running VHS tape (or DVD in some cases, but this game is VHS). I only played it once, kinda cool two-tier game board, it's a race against the clock for someone to win, if no one wins by the time the tape runs out, then everyone loses (go figure...). Lots of Star Wars scenes throughout the hour-long tape, and since Darth Vader is the one calling the shots on the videotape, they got James Earl Jones to do lots of new material in character.

For what it's worth, "Queen's Gambit" by Avalon Games is my favorite Star Wars board game (based on Episode I, but I don't hold that against it...), followed very closely by the original Escape The Death Star from the late 70's (still very cool to play even today!).

I can remember when my younger brother and I played it when I was 14. We both were trying our darndest to become Vader's Apprentice. Needless to say we knew where the fun was (or we were a little screwed up). We even stood up in the theaters screaming "NOOOO!" when the first death star exploded. :D

http://ge.swsimulation.com/icc4/images/ranks/army-navy/ME-1.gif

Recruit Tork Empla

Imperial Navy

"He who angers you, owns you."