Weird weapon changes

Hey guys, I know I`m behind the times, but I just got Jedi Outcast. Every now and then the game switches weapons on me for no reason. This is a real problem when I`m up close and all of a sudden I`m armed with thermal detonators...

Any ideas what is causing this? I`m patched to 1.04.

Thanks,

Guy

Interesting, have you looked at your weapon auto change settings in the options menu?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Jahled, I submitted this last night to Lucasarts. I'm eagerly waiting for their reply...

Elvis, I have the setting set to "Don't Switch".

This is driving me nuts. I can be zapping someone with that cattle prod thing and all of a sudden Kyle will decide that thermal detonators would be more effective, at least until he blows himself up...

:lol:

It's never happened to me, but I can just imagine your surprise when you're blasting enemies and suddenly you toss a thermal detonator right in front of yourself....

Oh, CRAP!

*BOOM*

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Hmmm, I'm at a loss to explain this.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Except that PC's can be right buggers for games. I had to replace my voodoo graphics card with a G-Force card just to play the game! As games get more and more complex, so does the requirements for PCs...
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yeah, and i hate the way we're somehow supposed to kmow exactly what does what and just magically know what's best going to suit our graphics card in the settings for each game. Deus Ex was terrible in that respect.

And as for installing updated graphics drivers... sheesh, it's all so complicated.

I need to have a sit down, and i already am. :(

• 1 month later...
Greetings, everyone! I have Jedi Outcast, but the only time my computer switches weapons is when you acquire a new one (i.e. On the first mission where Kyle kills the first two stormtroopers, he would switch from the blaster pistol to the blaster rifle. Other than that, I can't see what would do that. lol it's just a thought. :wink: P.S. I've completed the game.)

Q: What does an Imperial Star Destroyer wear to a formal occasion?

A: A bow TIE!

You can change the settings for that in the settings menu, so that it won't change at all, or will only change when better etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, gotcha mate. :) :) :)

Yes, well, um... :roll::lol::)