playing on HARD is impossible...!!!

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

Ok, so I decided to give the campaign a whirl this morning. Let me tell you this, hard is impossible. This is from a guy who gets like 50-1 in single player (well, b/c of the AAT but you get the idea).

First off, the friendly AI is DUMB AS A ROCK. One map there were like 4 AATs scattered throughout the map and NOBODY WAS DRIVING THEM.

Second off, if the friendly AI never gets in to one of those speeders unless you are in it and order them to get in. I'm sure real life players always still enemy vehicles whenever possible.

Third off, they are just stupid.. if I am in a vehicle and they are next to me, and we are next to a flag that you have to go up the stairs to get (like Battle of Theed), why don't THEY, the INFANTRY, go up the stairs and capture the flag?

Anyways, I spent like 10 times playing Battle of Theed, and I kept losing cause my team is full of idiots who can't even defend our major spawn points (the ones with the AATs). Let's see, it's THAT hard to camp in a turret??

What's most annoying is that the friendly AI seems never to pick the Demolitioner so I'm always left doing Vehicle Vs Vehicle (and this isn't BF1942 where it takes 3 shots to take a tank out.. NOOOO... more like TWENTY SHOTS).

Guest JediIgor

I'd also like to add that the new 1.01 patch is pretty bad.

First of all, they took out rockets from the Clone Wars people (how are we supposed to shoot down jet troopers now?). Second of all, they didn't gimp the Jet Troopers.

You ask me why? Because 99% of the people playing as the Republic pick jet troopers. and why not? They can fly anywhere they want, and they have a rocket launcher which takes out all the Trade Federation in one or two hits..

Class comparison:

Droideka Vs Jet Trooper

Aim speed: Droideka takes too long to aim, so a jet trooper can fly circles around the Droideka and it only takes 2 shots to overload the shields.

Moving speed: Droideka can roll around pretty quickly, but it can't go up stairs or jump, or any of that, and it turns pretty slowly too. Plus a Droideka is vulnerable during its movement, whereas a Jet Trooper can pull off some crazy stunts if he gets shot at.

Special abilities: Droideka gets a lame shield that gets discharged in just a couple of shots. Jet Trooper's flying ability actually lasts long enough to do raids without dying.

and how come it's still impossible to shoot down starfighters? Geez.

You can't be talking about the 1.1 patch, because I know for a fact that the Droids have rockets (and I'm pretty sure they did in the 1.01 patch).

I don't know what servers you play on, but whenever I play online on a Clone Wars map, almost noone plays as the Jet Troopers. They all play as the regular clone troopers.

Have you bought the game yet, or are you stil using the downloaded copy you said you'd use to try the game in the event it wasn't worth playing? :lol:

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest JediIgor

Yes, I'm talking about the latest patch (1.01 or 1.1, whatever, only makes it harder to play without a legal copy..).

I was bored one day, so I decided to give it a whirl (played SP for about 2 hours, and then MP for 4 more). I don't remember the name of my server, but it was some 50 player server and after I played on all the maps I kind of got bored.

Anyways, in my server whenever we played Clone Wars all of the units had a Thermal detonator as their secondary fire, I wasn't talking about the Vanguard or any of the other Anti-Vehicle guys. I doubt this is something that only that one server has since SWBF seems to have no way of being modded server-side.

and if nobody plays as a jet trooper on your server, well they're newbies -- I believe I have listed enough reasons why jet troopers are so much more superior and I've yet to see you rebuke me :).

p.s. if you do have a good anti-jet trooper tactic, do tell me, I would be very obliged.

Well, their projectiles are slow enough that you can avoid them, and their splash damage is almost non-existent. That, and they only have two rounds in their weapon before a reload that takes forever.

I agree that they are cheap compared to the other classes, but that the level of advantage isn't so great as to effect gameplay.

The best tactic for taking out a Jetpack Trooper is to A) rockets (after you get a lock, that is), B) use stationary turrets, or C) tanks work very well. On top of that, the Superbattledroid is very effective with it's arm-mounted rockets and high rate of fire. And Droidekas can take them out, so longs as you are careful not to overheat their cannons.

It's not really a matter of the other classes being gimped in comparision, its more of a matter of kowing a good strategy for them. Most people just switch on the Driodeka shields and let them run. If you're not being shot at, turn them off. Focus on the biggest threat and never go in alone. All of the best games I've played have been on server where people co-ordinate their attacks. The 50 player servers aren't always the best. Try a 25 player server. There are fewer people, so they tend to keep track of one another.

Vehicles are your friend, but they can also restrict you. Infantry have greater maneuverability, so you have to watch your back.

Play with the class you are most confortable with, and that is tailored to your game style. Just remember, there is always another class designed to counter you, so watch out.

I'll admit, I enjoy the Jetpack Trooper, but most of my kills don't come from his cannon, I tend to kill more people with the pistole, which all clonetroopers have, than anything else. It has a fast rate of fire, is highly accurate, and has unlimited ammo.

Just think of the Jetpack Troopers as a weaker version of a TIE Fighter or Droid Fighter. Sur they can fly (for a while) and they pack a punch, but in the end, they have the health of any other infantry unit. It wouldn't be fun if everything were easy :D .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.