Good Players Needed

A Jedi Master in our midst we have. But of the light or dark, he says not which.

I'd love to play, and probably lose, but i can't play games on my work pc. :(

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

A Jedi with no bias for good nor evil. Interesting.

But has he mastered the infinitely spinning saber trick of our good Master Igor yet we wonder?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor

I used to play JKII a lot... I think the 2nd patch really screwed up my multiplayer though, and when I came back (4th patch by now?) JK II wasn't fun anymore.

No matter what server you go to, people run around with their lightsabers turned off... and if you attack them they kick you. Nor are there any servers with guns on.

As far as I can see it, if you want a duel you can go to a "DUEL" server, or just challenge someone (to a duel) in a weapons server.. No need to run sabers only servers, geez.

Anyways, although I can't promise anything about JKII, you should stick around for yourself and wait for the new Rebellion TC to come out.. :D

Now that is cool.

Yeh man, our tc is gonna ROCK!!!

THe infinte saber spinning trick is able to be done in my Jedi slumber, along with many other interesting tricks. As for the kicking, its only a move to set you up for a finisher (its what I use it for anyway). 1.02-1.03&4 were a big jump and I too was very angry but I gave it a try and it grows on you. 1.04 Definatley has its ups and downs but I think its an overall better of the other 2 versions, give t a try and let Jedi Master Screed take you under is "wing" and teach you the ways of the Force!

So how do you do the spinning saber trick?

Igor won't let me advance in my training.

Guest JediIgor

Frankly I would be surprised if anyone who hasn't played the game since it came out didn't know how to do the saber spinning trick.. but it was truly something to awe at back in May when the game came out.. :twisted:

Anyways, what you have to do is (and this is how I do it, there might be other ways), have your saber throw skills set at 3. Then, throw the lightsaber and practice avoiding it. It will come back sooner or later.

After you think you are good enough at avoiding it, keep avoiding it, but this time press & hold the walk button.. also hold your sidestep button (if you want to stand still, hold both walkleft and the walkright buttons :)).

After you get the lightsaber to spin around you, you can move around (never let go of walk though, nor the movement keys). As for making the lightsaber spin in one place.. this one is quite easy to figure out, but if you don't, I or someone else will gladly tell you :).

Anyhow, enjoy your newly learned Jedi Circus Trick! :D

• 2 weeks later...

You can also press the taunt key, to distract the returning saber :wink:

Anyways I finally found time to make an animated gif of that, so this is

what it should look like (although the saber can spin on a wider arc).

http://home.graffiti.net/d_kelley/bye_gon.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Have to give this a try some time. Does it work in single player? And does it still hurt people?

Also, from the gif it look like your saber changes colour halfway down the blade. How did you do this, i've only ever been able to change the core and the glow.

I thought it was just a funky sabre but i spose it could be two of them.

• 5 months later...

Anyways, what you have to do is (and this is how I do it, there might be other ways), have your saber throw skills set at 3. Then, throw the lightsaber and practice avoiding it. It will come back sooner or later.

After you think you are good enough at avoiding it, keep avoiding it, but this time press & hold the walk button.. also hold your sidestep button (if you want to stand still, hold both walkleft and the walkright buttons :)).

After you get the lightsaber to spin around you, you can move around (never let go of walk though, nor the movement keys). As for making the lightsaber spin in one place.. this one is quite easy to figure out, but if you don't, I or someone else will gladly tell you :).

What walk button do u mean? The walk/run Button or the walk forward button?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"