Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:31 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

Just prefer a good multiplayer dogfight... of course when this game came out I was playing it on 56K w/ 3dfx voodoo 3000 on MSN Zone so I have no idea what a good multiplayer dogfight would be, but if you want to give a shot one day now that everyone has nvidia geforce 8's and 15mb cable connections it should be fun :D

Actually... come to think of it, XWA was the sole reason I got the voodoo3 in the first place. I was playing at the time on one of the early celeron 300 (no L2 cache, horrific performance, closer to Pentium MMX 133 in terms of performance) by emachines and a Rage II 4mb graphics and the game would only work in software mode. The voodoo3 was night to day change and made this game all the more playable although I missed the Tie Fighter elements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Not to think about what a new X-Wing game could look like with todays graphic-engines. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:34 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Ahhh, another wicked game. I wasted many a long hour playing that. I especially like the simulator where you can replay levels with your choice of fighter and create custom battles.

As for the Death Star level....eliminate the ties chasing you and then destroy the super laser. If I remember correctly, this gives you basically unlimited time. Now, fly PAST the main target power generator and fly out the exit shaft slowly while destroying all the crap that blocks it up. Now fly back in, destroy the generator and fly out through the nice and clear tunnel at full speed. This kinda feels like cheating, but the level actually becomes incredibly easy when you do this (I got real sick of dying when the end of the tunnel was in sight).

Post subject: Re: X-Wing Alliance
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

In response to the OP, I'm stuck on the mission rescuing Aeron also. The same thing happens to me, all the messages say she's on board but the mission goal tab never goes green. I DO get the nav buoy though. I've got patch 2.02. I beat this game years ago when it came out & although I do remember this mission being tricky, I always used to beat it. It just really frustrates me now. I haven't played this in years but reinstalled the game for my nephews to play when they come over. I've looked at it in the AlliED editor & I can't find anything wrong with it. I can try waiting longer I suppose, but that doesn't make any sense. The Otana docking is a timer, "aeron" isn't a real craft, so she has no mission to complete in this level as someone else suggested. "Aeron" is just messages sent in timed delays while the Otana is docking in this board.

Off topic....I was pretty good on the DS tunnel run, You don't have to go into the Laser Cannon area to deal with the Ties. When you hit the cargo container room, slow down a little, put your cannons on autofire and take them out! Then fly the rest of the mission. When you enter the room with the Zero G troopers & the cannon, Line up on that cannon & shoot it. Keep shooting it until it literally explodes (it's very durable!) and fly on. Don't worry so much about the Zero G guys. They may shoot at you but they're lousy shots and are so slow once you pass them you'll never see them again. Continue on to the last wide passageway, slow down, shoot all the obstacles you can shoot...in a few minutes you're going to be coming back through this area very fast! Go through the last tunnel, shoot the reactor core and throw all power to your engines. I always keep that setting well through the wide tunnel when exiting (no obstacles bc I shot them all). I slow down a little bit when I enter the first narrow pipe and from there adjust speed as I see fit. Bc I went through the first part so fast the fire is usually well behind me.

Post subject: Re: X-Wing Alliance
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant Colonel //-->

Yo do realize the topic is at least 6 years old, don't you?

Profile E-mail