cannot open gokres.dll?

flashghandi48

Hey, I haven't found a solution to this problem on any other threads, so I posted a new topic. When I attempt to load the .reb, I get the error msg that "windows cannot open C;/program files/lucasarts/.....gokres.dll." I'm wondering what this file is. It doesn't seem like the settings are then being loaded properly into the game, as RebEd hangs up. I have Windows Vista home premium on my current computer, and Rebellion runs fine otherwise. Please help me out I really want to test this baby out!

Try removing the "Read Only" protection first :wink:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

directory pathname? Open ResHacker manually and from there see if you can locate and open the file. It might also depend on what directory you're in when running RebEd and such.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive

I assume this is relation to the Reloaded installer.

Did you install Rebellion on full? That's where it looks like it is looking.. on your hard drive (assuming that error message wasn't exactly what you typed)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I just found this site and installed reloaded today and I have solved this problem.

This is a problem for Vista users as the security permissions block the use of some of the game’s .dll files when you try to load in the card from rebed. I realised this and came up with a solution that works. I couldn’t let you guys miss out, so here’s what to do..

Find the .dll file that rebed cannot open in the game’s main folder. (The first one it throws up is gokres.dll)

Then do the following:

Click Properties > Security > Users (‘name’PC\Users) > Tick all the allow boxes > Apply > Ok > Ok.

You will probably need to repeat the process and manually edit permissions for about 10 of the .dll files, checking after each edit by reloading the card in rebed. It will throw up errors for all the .dlls that do not have permissions ticked. Move on to each new .dll file until the card file Rebellion_Reloaded_beta.reb loads in.

Enjoy! Its a brilliant update for this classic game...

• 1 year later...
Hey, I just found this site and installed reloaded today and I have solved this problem.

This is a problem for Vista users as the security permissions block the use of some of the game’s .dll files when you try to load in the card from rebed. I realised this and came up with a solution that works. I couldn’t let you guys miss out, so here’s what to do..

Find the .dll file that rebed cannot open in the game’s main folder. (The first one it throws up is gokres.dll)

Then do the following:

Click Properties > Security > Users (‘name’PC\Users) > Tick all the allow boxes > Apply > Ok > Ok.

You will probably need to repeat the process and manually edit permissions for about 10 of the .dll files, checking after each edit by reloading the card in rebed. It will throw up errors for all the .dlls that do not have permissions ticked. Move on to each new .dll file until the card file Rebellion_Reloaded_beta.reb loads in.

Enjoy! Its a brilliant update for this classic game...

Nice, thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...
ok i know this is a way old thread but i just started using the reloaded mod and i get everything to work except i cant get this stupid gokres.dll to load i have done everything on here to get this to work for someone reason i still cant get the permission to load the cards someone plz help it took me forever to get reloaded to work and now i cant load the cards this is like a joke god is playing on me.