Reloaded Installation

ShyGuy101

I've installed Rebellion Reloaded and just completed my first game as the Empire. I want to make sure everything installed correctly. I installed hours after it was first posted in the forums. In case it has changed since then:

-The Rebel adviser is C-3PO during the intro and consistently flashes back to threepio everytime he is suppose to talk.

-The hero units images and stats have changed, but their encyclopedia entries did not.

-The AI is normal expect they consistently send recon units to planets that I already control. Even core systems that start under my control.

-Some voice tracks have changed for the Imperial adviser. But most are the same as before. The different ones are very quiet.

-Both civs get the standard, "capture/protect corusant" dialog at the beginning.

-The cut scene is the same for the rebels (they still fly into "bespin")

So did I miss something on the install? Or have these things not changed in Beta?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- C-3PO, adviser is a known issue.

- Encyclopedia did not change because you did not load the *.reb file in the beta/Card folder with RebED.

- Don't know about the rest.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Excellent I got the encyclopedia entries but now the planets got renamed :lol:

By chance is there anything I can do? Or do I need to re-install?

Your planets got renamed? :? Coruscant, though not in the correct location, should still be the Empire's capital, etc.

Did you do this after the installer?:

1. Open RebEd
    2. Click "Load Settings"
    3. Locate the file "Rebellion_Reloaded_beta" (you can load a copy to your RebEd folder, or you can just click the question-mark button next to the file location and find the file in your Rebellion Reloaded folder)
    4. Click "Load" button
    5. If you get a pop-up message, just click "OK"
    6. you should get a "Settings Loaded" message; click "OK"

That should be it. If you want to check on the system/sector names, go the "Galaxy Mapper" bit and find the "Prackla" sector--Coruscant should be within it.

Hmm.... I thought the Empire's capital is suppose to be Wayland and the rebels hold Coruscant if the mod is properly installed. This would make sense if the game follows the Zahn trilogy. Jooruus C' Boath starts the game on Wayland, the empire capital, and Han and the gang start on Coruscant.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Hmm.... I thought the Empire's capital is suppose to be Wayland and the rebels hold Coruscant if the mod is properly installed. This would make sense if the game follows the Zahn trilogy. Jooruus C' Boath starts the game on Wayland, the empire capital, and Han and the gang start on Coruscant.
Have you been able to upload this, or did you do this by using RebEd and changing the names? I don't have Coruscant renamed as Wayland, and Yavin remains Yavin, not Coruscant. How did you manage the change?

I didn't do anything except follow the TC readme to install the mod and load the *.reb file. My installation shows Coruscant as Rebel base and Wayland as the Imperial base. Try reinstalling rebellion and reloaded?

Ok, well after reloading the beta/card *.reb file again because I wasn't sure if all my encyclopedia entries were showing up correctly or not, now my planets are not named correctly either! Coruscant has become Yavin, and Wayland has become Coruscant, and it appears my Alliance HQ is non-movable or is that intended?

Hmm... I just did everything from the very beginning, from uninstalling everything to loading Reloaded. I still have the planets named as you mentioned, budious--the same way I had them before. Did you do anything differently this time around?

Actually, SOCL, the planets are still named correctly when I start a new game. The planet names only change back to Yavin and Coruscant respectively after loading a previous saved game.

Edit: Wait, the proper names did NOT appear when the new game actually started. The imperial adviser droid did however display the planets as Wayland and Coruscant during the briefing.

Actually, SOCL, the planets are still named correctly when I start a new game. The planet names only change back to Yavin and Coruscant respectively after loading a previous saved game.

Edit: Wait, the proper names did NOT appear when the new game actually started. The imperial adviser droid did however display the planets as Wayland and Coruscant during the briefing.

:? I started a new game, but the Empire still has Coruscant as its home and Yavin for the New Republic... :?

Let's see...

After I installed the Reloaded file and found Resource Hacker, etc. Then I went to RebEd, loaded the "Rebellion_Reloaded_Beta" file. Then I went to the Reloaded folder and double-clicked the "enable_movie_patch".

I get the funny feeling I must have missed something...

EDIT: The briefing is correct for me also, but the names remain old-school. This may simply be a point they haven't got to yet.

Well it did work for me until I loaded the *.reb card for a second time. I reloaded it because in the encyclopedia ship stats I had the "checkbox" character appearing after the last number. Reloading the card fixed that but broke the planet names.

Well it did work for me until I loaded the *.reb card for a second time. I reloaded it because in the encyclopedia ship stats I had the "checkbox" character appearing after the last number. Reloading the card fixed that but broke the planet names.
"Checkbox" character? :?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Rebellion three times now. At no point have I got the Coruscant to become Wayland, and Yavin Coruscant. :?

Technically it may be a null character, it's an empty box with a square border symbol... I just refer to those as the "checkbox" for short. They were showing up after the numbers in my ship stats for whatever reason when the planets were named correctly.

Technically it may be a null character, it's an empty box with a square border symbol... I just refer to those as the "checkbox" for short. They were showing up after the numbers in my ship stats for whatever reason when the planets were named correctly.
:?

Well, I did another uninstall/install, and no change. Still the same. :? Hopefully one of the team fellows with more knowledge will happen by and give us a solution.

Just to basically restate the issue. And say that another person experiences the same problems.

Defiantly after the cards are loaded the planets name mess up. Before I too had the properly named Corusant, Yavin, and Wayland. but now it's totally messed up.

Since the planets were (apparently) a late addition, perhaps it wasn't edited in the card?

Oh well, clearly an unintended bug. If anyone if gonna do a fresh intstall try not installing the cards and see if the Imperials start with wayland or Corusant.

Just to basically restate the issue. And say that another person experiences the same problems.

Defiantly after the cards are loaded the planets name mess up. Before I too had the properly named Corusant, Yavin, and Wayland. but now it's totally messed up.

Since the planets were (apparently) a late addition, perhaps it wasn't edited in the card?

Oh well, clearly an unintended bug. If anyone if gonna do a fresh intstall try not installing the cards and see if the Imperials start with wayland or Corusant.

I would do it...but I'm not sure I want to do a fifth install in one day. :lol: Have you tried doing a "Partial Install"?

I think he may be right. I don't think I had the cards installed the first time and the planets were named correctly. I think that the cards need to be installed before running the TC setup.exe perhaps?

I think he may be right. I don't think I had the cards installed the first time and the planets were named correctly. I think that the cards need to be installed before running the TC setup.exe perhaps?
I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to you guys.

I'm not doing anything important, I'll do it now.

EDIT: IT WORKED!!! I uninstalled Rebellion. Next I installed Rebellion. Open RebEd. Load Cards. Run Reloaded Setup.exe. Double click enable_movie_patch. Names changed.

I have just one thing to say: Tattooine is a DESERT!!! The game shows a planet w/ both oceans and clouds.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I'm not doing anything important, I'll do it now.

EDIT: IT WORKED!!! I uninstalled Rebellion. Next I installed Rebellion. Open RebEd. Load Cards. Run Reloaded Setup.exe. Double click enable_movie_patch. Names changed.

I have just one thing to say: Tattooine is a DESERT!!! The game shows a planet w/ both oceans and clouds.

Ah-ha! So that's the order! Load cards and then run Setup. I'll report it to the team.

They may have managed to do some terraforming finally? :P

Nice hint, I will try it this afternoon to install it in the order, you´ve mentioned above, with fingers crossed and hoping it will finally work properly. :roll::?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Mitth, check your encyclopedia entries. Did they update? Because mine did not. My planets changed, yes, but the encyclopedia entries are all of the old ones. This may not have been the solution we were looking for, though it does take us one step closer.

UPDATE: I tried uploading the cards afterward and continued to get the 'list too long, truncated!' message, which means the encyclopedia entries are too long... :? So is this a case of not being able to have your cake and eat it too?

Well I´ve just tried it to install it in that order Mitth has mentioned above and it still doesn´t work for me. When I try to start the game it says that no CD is in the drive. :?

I guess I have to wait either for the next Beta or the final version. :(

Who cares at all?! :roll: