Reloaded Installation

ShyGuy101

Hi, I've problems to install Rebellion Reloaded. There is a problem with copying MDATA files.

Here my logfile:

12:50:04 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

12:50:04 opening readme

12:52:29 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

12:52:29 opening readme

12:52:33 copying files to RH dir

12:52:33 generating cursor script

12:52:33 writing registry files

12:52:33 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

12:53:12 error copying MDATA files

12:53:14 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

12:53:14 opening readme

12:53:17 copying files to RH dir

12:53:17 generating cursor script

12:53:17 writing registry files

12:53:17 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

12:53:32 error copying MDATA files

12:53:33 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

12:53:33 opening readme

12:54:17 copying files to RH dir

12:54:17 generating cursor script

12:54:17 writing registry files

12:54:17 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

13:01:22 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

13:01:22 opening readme

13:02:00 copying files to RH dir

13:02:00 generating cursor script

13:02:00 writing registry files

13:02:00 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

13:02:22 error copying MDATA files

13:02:48 ------------------- 17.7.07 and again ------------------------

13:02:48 opening readme

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have the original Rebellion CD in the drive, where you installed the game from ?

If so, is it scratched, or can you manually copy the MDATA files with the explorer to your harddrive without problems ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

• 2 weeks later...

SOCL, your "gamma" card works swell except for the ridiculously minor encyclopedia error. So I'm to understand that the "unofficial" but preferred method of installation for Reloaded thus far is:

1) uninstall old Rebellion

2) do brand-new maximum install and keep CD in drive

3) download ResHacker, unzip it into your Program Files folder, download Reloaded TC executable, download SOCL's "gamma version" .reb card from page 3 of this very thread

4) run ReloadedTC_beta.exe and set it to stick the files in new folder "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\beta", for example (a new folder titled "beta" in your Rebellion directory)

5) go into said new folder and run "setup.exe"

6) follow installer instructions, including pointing to ResHacker location on your drive (Program Files if you followed this guide) so that it can do its thing, then wait until it assures you it's finished installing.

7) open RebEd and load the "gamma" .reb card, should get NO error messages WHATSOEVER (beyond the standard "newer version" RebEd message)

8) double click the enable_movie_patch.reg file within the "beta" folder in your Rebellion directory

9) for immobile Golan stations, download Battlestations mod and follow instructions.

10) FUN!

Is this as close as we've come so far to a step-by-step installation guide?

Edit: Voila! I just uninstalled my working copy of reloaded and reinstalled following the above guide, verifying that it's in the correct order and should guarantee that everything works using SOCL's "gamma" .reb (the planetary encyclopedia entries are wrong but really, who cares?).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No, doesn´t works and im sorry about my first post is negative but i have done all suggested by ArtDecoThrawn and when i try load by RebEd the Gamma crash. Then i try to play and the only difference is the map as you, the reloaded guys have moved correctly, nothing more. No Thrawn, no, nothing is very frustating. Can anyone help me?.

Sorry no good english.

What langage are you then?

Okay, I might know why your game is crashing. It has to do with "loading with RebEd". Stop doing-it. The reason is that when you want to edit, you have to clic on the register icon enable RebEd editing or something like that. When you are DONE, close RebEd. Then clic on enable MOVIES. And THEN, load rebellion with rebexe.exe or with any shortcut. NOT by rebed ;)

Tell me if that works for you ;)

• 6 months later...

Hey all, ?I? could do with some help. I've installed reloaded before in XP with no troubles. However I'm now running Vista and have Rebellion (or Supremacy in my case) emulated in windows 98 using virtual PC. When I try to install reloaded (after extracting the files to a beta folder in my installation dir) I get the following error in the logfile:

18:08:01 ------------------- 7/8/09 and again ------------------------

18:08:01 opening readme

18:08:11 copying files to RH dir

18:08:12 generating cursor script

18:08:12 writing registry files

18:08:12 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

18:08:12 error copying Reloaded MDATA files

18:13:01 ------------------- 7/8/09 and again ------------------------

18:13:01 opening readme

18:13:09 copying files to RH dir

18:13:09 generating cursor script

18:13:10 writing registry files

18:13:10 Version 1.00 found, applying patch

18:13:10 error copying Reloaded MDATA files

I've seen this got mentioned once above and yes I can copy the Mdata files

Any suggestions?

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone,

I, unfortunately, have Windows Vista 64 installed on my computer. I had the original game and the reloaded mod working before using the protocol described by budious, but then I had to wipe. I reinstalled, but I keep getting two errors, followed by the main screen loading. Once I attempt to start a game (either the vanilla version or reloaded), however, the I get a third error message followed by a message that the program will close. Here is what the first error message says:

PathName to unknown VideoManager

C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded\\MDATA\MDATA.000

The second one is exactly the same except the three numbers at the end of the message are 001

The third one that triggers the program to close is also the same, but the numbers at the end of the message are 003 or 004, depending of if I tried to play as the Rebellion or the Empire.

I've already tried removing all the folders and files and reinstalling from scratch and I still get the same messages. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Maybe a permissions issue... try running as administrator?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 7 months later...