Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

So I know this thread is pretty old, but I just discovered it recently as I had a hankering to play Rebellion again. I followed all of your steps, Budious, and got the game to work, however there is one problem: I can't save games! Whenever I try to save, it says "The game failed to save" or something like that. Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

Yeah, I forgot to mention that step that you need to create an empty folder named "SaveGame" in the Rebellion installation directory.

Last edited by budious on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Also, it would be cool to get a new link to ReloadED if possible. Do you still have it kicking around?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

I will take a look but it never worked as intended anyways so big no loss. Just noticed a minor oversight which explains why most of you who tried this never got it working properly. In the two registry merges for Reloaded (Reloaded_x86.reg and Reloaded_x64.reg) there was a slight typo I forgot to swap out.

Quote:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\EData"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\RELOADED.EXE"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Reloaded\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Reloaded]

"CommandLine"=""

"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"

"File"="RELOADED.EXE"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

As highlighted in bold from the above extract of Reloaded_x86.reg, simply open the file in text editor and change the following "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]" to "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Reloaded]", save the file and merge as per the rest of the instructions. Sorry! :o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:20 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Did any one ever get around to fixing/ update the links because this does look like it could be an interresting mod but it doesn't work yet?

p.s
Windows XP (64 bit)

Update:
I got the basic game working after finding a (still active) link for Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1 files and I’m enjoying this old game again, thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:14 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2nj ... eta1.1.zip

If anyone has permanent hosting for this file, I'm sure the free host won't last long. Reply with a mirror if you do so.

Instructions included in package were to install Rebellion and Reloaded side by side. The instructions provided here are for installing Rebellion only:

Windows x64 (64-bit)
- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.
- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Create the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\SaveGame
- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)
- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.
- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x64.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]
"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100
"Volume"=dword:000002de
"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"
"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"
"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"
"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"
"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"
"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]
"CommandLine"=""
"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"
"File"="REBEXE.EXE"
"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"
"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

Windows x86 (32-bit)
- Run the Star Wars Rebellion cd and select the "Install" option. Select the Maximum option.
- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy the Rebellion\MData folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA
- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy all Rebellio\*.dll files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)
- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x86.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]
"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"
"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"
"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"
"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"
"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"
"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"
"Volume"=dword:000002bc

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The text of the registry files is now quoted and can be easily copied to notepad. However, you need my executable if you decide to use the redirected data caches from CD to Hard Drive.

To use the original game executables, reverse the changes to following lines from the files above. The changes are noted below, you can simply edit the provided code for the registry keys to their original values and then merge and use the original game executables if you wish. [-] denotes change away from original registry key value to [+] denotes updated registry key value to redirect game caches.

Quote:
- "DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"
- "TooBigLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"
+ "DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"
+ "TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:18 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

For those still interested, mirrors to Unpacked RebEd v.26 (hex edit friendly) and my hex edited variant ReloadEd v.26r

ReloadEd v.26r

ReloadED 0.26r (Hacked RebED 0.26)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build 001 Release - July 10, 2007
-------------
About:

Provides RebED support for editing the Star Wars Reloaded Mod when installed via the Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package.
-------------
Requirements:

Reloaded Mod must be installed in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded and the appropriate Reloaded_x**.reg file merged to registry.
-------------
Limitations:

Unknown, assumed functionality equivalent to RebED 0.26

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RebEd v.26 Unpacked (hex edit friendly)

RebEd v.26 Unpacked (hex edit friendly)

About:

Unpacked version of RebEd.exe v0.26

Compared to the original Delphi executable compression,
the original file was smaller but obfusicated the contents
so that attempting to hexedit the executable was not feasible.

The unpacked version can now be easily hex edited and served
as the base for the ReloadEd v.026r package.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:43 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I'm sorry i'm total noob when it comes to programming, my question is does this work for Vista? and where do i type all this information i'm sorry i was trying to figure it out but can't find it exactly in the thread. thanks for the help!

When I try and load the reloaded file i get smackw32.dll is missing error. Did I not put the reloaded file in the right area?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:07 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

kenoobi23 wrote:
I'm sorry i'm total noob when it comes to programming, my question is does this work for Vista? and where do i type all this information i'm sorry i was trying to figure it out but can't find it exactly in the thread. thanks for the help!

When I try and load the reloaded file i get smackw32.dll is missing error. Did I not put the reloaded file in the right area?

If you did not install the Reloaded mod you only need to use the replacement REBEXE.EXE file in the REBEXE 1.02 folder if you intend to offload movie files to the hard drive and use the customized directory path in my patched registry files. If you used the Rebellion installer with a x86 (32-bit) version of Windows 7 you can use the original REBEXE.EXE file.

SMACKW32.DLL file should be present by default in the C:\Program Files\Star Wars Rebellion\ so either it is missing or has not been registered with the system.

Would help to know if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 and if you are intending to install only Rebellion, or Rebellion/Reloaded side-by-side parallel installations. I can help you further when you do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:32 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Can you reup the unpacked RebEd? Those links are dead. I want to see if I can mess with it to make it work on Windows 7.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:48 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

Reb Refresh Package 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?2o45636jl3ij59z

• Includes updated *.reg files to fix key location
  • Now includes RedEd unpacked and ReloadEd

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [U.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Don't have Star Wars Rebellion? Download the CD-ROM here. :lol:

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm 
<!-- Corporal //-->

I have not seen it stated anywhere so ... I installed Rebellion on my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and the directions work when you follow them. :oops: Just make sure to read and follow them. I will try later to install the mod and RebEd.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Ok so this seems to be what I want to do, and so I did it....maybe i'm just dumb but something isn't working or making sense to me.

I tried to follow the instructions, but the reloaded TC will only install itself when I have have the rebellion files in c:\program files (x86) and not if I copy the files to c:\program Files\ like the instructions say...What am I missing here anybody know ?

(running windows 7 home premium btw)

Second problem:

When I do copy the files to c:\program files (x86) and run the rest of the instructions the mod finally seems to be working but crashes every time I exit a tactical battle ....anybody had that problem before ?

Thanks to all the people working on these mods, even more thanks to the one who get help me get them to work :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:46 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Sorry about the gravedig, but I was wondering if somebody could help me out and load refreshed and reloaded onto another link, I live in China and mediafire is blocked here for some strange reason.

thanks!
-Daowei

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

You could try mirroring the installation from C:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program FIles; just copy the directory after setup. Then apply the TC installer, then copy the patched install directory back to (x86). I did not test the TC extensively and probably just on 32-bit if I had, so I may have overlooked that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next