Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)

budious

September 8, 2010

Reb Refresh Package 2.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?2o45636jl3ij59z

• Includes updated *.reg files to fix key location
  • Now includes RedEd unpacked and ReloadEd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2009 (New hosting mirror; fixed a typo in reloaded_x64.reg and reloaded_x86.reg)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2njzm/Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1.1.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Mirrors (1.63MB RAR)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6lyv4gnbtwe

Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)

In special recognition of:

- Rebellion Reloaded team for their work on the Total Conversion

- Mad78 for the Rebellion Refreshed icon

July 8, 2007 - Details of Changes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Release (Beta 1)

Primary Purpose

- Package developed to allow dual installation of standard Rebellion and the Reloaded mod.

- Windows Vista x86/x64 and Windows XP x64 support.

Package Features (Rebellion Refresh)

- Icon updated for XP and newer operating systems. (48x48 w/ 32bpp) Created by Mad78

- Performance optimizations to executables allow DLL and MDATA file access from installation folder.

- Application manifest data added to executables to conform to Vista UAC specifications.

- REBEXE.EXE is now identified as version 1.02 to reflect these changes, built on 1.00 for stability.

Package Features (Rebellion Reloaded)

- Icon updated for XP and newer operating systems. (48x48 w/ 32bpp) Created by Budious

- Performance optimizations to executables allow DLL and MDATA file access from installation folder.

- Application manifest data added to executables to conform to Vista UAC specifications.

- RELOADED.EXE has been altered to use the HKLU/Software/LucasArts/Star Wars Reloaded registry branch.

- RELOADED.EXE is now identified as version 2.00 to reflect these changes, built on 1.00 for stability.

Status

- Working properly on my development workstations.

- Requires extensive testing and feedback.

Bug Reports

- Email all bug reports to 'budious at gmail dot com' with the subject "Rebellion Refresh"

Future Features

- Standalone installation utility for Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista x64 for Rebellion Refresh.

- Standalone installation utility for Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista x64 for Rebellion Reloaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Directions (Beta 1)

- This release only provides a framework of technical modifications to fulfill the primary purpose.

x86 Users

- Install Rebellion from disk.

- Download the TC beta and follow the directions included in README.

- Rename C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded.

- Right-Click on the file Reloaded_x86.reg and select the merge option.

- Delete REBEXE.EXE from C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- Copy RELOADED.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- Manually create a new desktop shortcut pointing to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded\RELOADED.EXE

- Run the Star Wars Rebellion cd and select the "Reinstall" option. Select the Maximum option.

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy the Rebellion\MData folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy all Rebellio\*.dll files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Take a deep breathe, make a choice, click either Rebellion or Reloaded shortcut and relax :)

Installation Directions (Beta 1)

- This release only provides a framework of technical modifications to fulfill the primary purpose.

x64 Users

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.

- Download the TC beta and follow the directions included in README.

- Rename C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded.

- Move C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\star Wars Reloaded.

- Right-Click on the file Reloaded_x64.reg and select the merge option.

- Delete REBEXE.EXE from C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- Copy RELOADED.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded

- Manually create a new desktop shortcut pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded\RELOADED.EXE

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Create a Rebellion desktop shortcut to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE

- Take a deep breathe, make a choice, click either Rebellion or Reloaded shortcut and relax :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I wrote the installation the directions off the top of my head so if they don't work let me know and I'll fix it :)

Yeah, I know, it couldn't be more complicated between the Reloaded installer and my do-it-yourself guide. I will automate it at some point, this was just a proof-of-concept release.

The clone trooper icon I made looks like crap, I'm polishing up some new ones in Vista for a Star Wars themed icon pack. I'll replace it with whatever the Reloaded team releases if they make one. The new Storm Trooper icon looks pretty well at 48x48 but I need to tweak the smaller sizes, they look too jaggy. I also want to include Vista high dpi icons.

This is by no means to infringe on the work of the Reloaded Mod team. This package is just my work around for having standard rebellion and the reloaded mod installed side by side. This can easily be adapted to other TCs available in SWR downloads. Find 10 people to bug me about a particular one and I'll make it happen.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Download Mirrors (ReloadED 0.26r)

http://www.mediafire.com/?oc2mnyymnzt (Updated mirror Dec. 13, 2009)

ReloadED 0.26r (Hacked RebED 0.26)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build 001 Release - July 10, 2007

-------------

About:

Provides RebED support for editing the Star Wars Reloaded Mod when installed via the Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package.

-------------

Requirements:

Reloaded Mod must be installed in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded or C:\Program File (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded and the appropriate Reloaded_x**.reg file merged to registry.

-------------

Limitations:

Unknown, assumed functionality equivalent to RebED 0.26

-------------

Distribution:

To be incorporated with future releases of the Star Wars Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package

Edited by budious

If you read my post, before it gets technical it is stated very clearly under the primary purpose - Package developed to allow dual installation of standard Rebellion and the Reloaded mod. Meaning, you install rebellion, convert it to reloaded, change the directory name and apply my patches, reinstall clean rebellion and have both copies functioning side by side. This could also be used by the developers to reference two builds side by side or otherwise use your imagination :)

Ahh, yes! That really helped me making my RR running finally. :D

Now I´ve got everything but the right planet-names and the voices (german version of Rebellion), but maybe I will find out how I can manage that too.

Thanks, budious.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Ahh, yes! That really helped me making my RR running finally. :D

Now I´ve got everything but the right planet-names and the voices (german version of Rebellion), but maybe I will find out how I can manage that too.

Thanks, budious.

Eagle, go to this thread. Despite the complaints, I have created a file that combines all of the correct beta cards and encyclopedia entries with the new, beta system and sector names. The only issue people have been quick to point out is the fact that the encyclopedia entries for the planets don't correspond with the names (e.g. Wayland's encyclopedia entry reads as Coruscant and Coruscant's as Yavin), but I don't think that's an issue with my temporary file, but came with the beta that way.

• 1 year later...

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/98ea6521ef_0.36MB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------

About:

Provides RebED support for editing the Star Wars Reloaded Mod when installed via the Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package.

-------------

Requirements:

Reloaded Mod must be installed in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded or C:\Program File (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded and the appropriate Reloaded_x**.reg file merged to registry.

-------------

Limitations:

-------------

Distribution:

To be incorporated with future releases of the Star Wars Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package

Is ReloadED available to be downloaded anywhere because the file is not on myfreefilehosting.com anymore. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

hiya, im new here so i salute u all ;)

I had a hard work to be able to run reloaded but thx to u i was able to play :D, now my question is:

Its normal that being rebel u could build ISD and other only Imperial ships? because that happens to me and i find a bit extrange being imperial and fight another ISDs :D

Solved ;)

I just reinstalled from the very beginning all (x64 users), to solve it after the spet n4 "Download the TC beta and follow the directions included in README." i just opened the .reb file from the reloaded card folder and made the necesary changes to the file (modify capital ships), saved the new one and closed it, then i continued the steps as before to finish ur x64 reloaded version and now the empire is the only one who can build ISDs :D

• 1 month later...

This is post Galactic Empire era, when there's no Rebel side, but New Republic. NR has Coruscant and all KDY shipyards, so they are in possibility to build star destroyers, although they preferred MonCal designs.

It's fairly easy to change abilities of ships or troops in RR, it's even necessary to make some adjustments as this mod is nearly finished, but not finally finished. However I suggest letting both sides build SD.

• 5 months later...

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/98ea6521ef_0.36MB

-------------

About:

-------------

Requirements:

-------------

Limitations:

-------------

Distribution:

Is ReloadED available to be downloaded anywhere because the file is not on myfreefilehosting.com anymore. Thanks.

I didn't test it thoroughly, I had some problems with it and some unexpected behaviors, If I find a copy I backed up somewhere I may reload it but it was nothing more than RebEd.exe which had been unpacked to unobfuscate the internal structure and hex edited to change the resource paths. Someone else may be able to do what I did with better success, I just promptly reverse engineered it at the time with little testing.

• 4 weeks later...
So I know this thread is pretty old, but I just discovered it recently as I had a hankering to play Rebellion again. I followed all of your steps, Budious, and got the game to work, however there is one problem: I can't save games! Whenever I try to save, it says "The game failed to save" or something like that. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that step that you need to create an empty folder named "SaveGame" in the Rebellion installation directory. Edited by budious

I will take a look but it never worked as intended anyways so big no loss. Just noticed a minor oversight which explains why most of you who tried this never got it working properly. In the two registry merges for Reloaded (Reloaded_x86.reg and Reloaded_x64.reg) there was a slight typo I forgot to swap out.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\EData"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\RELOADED.EXE"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Reloaded\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Reloaded]

"CommandLine"=""

"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"

"File"="RELOADED.EXE"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Reloaded\\"

As highlighted in bold from the above extract of Reloaded_x86.reg, simply open the file in text editor and change the following "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]" to "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Reloaded]", save the file and merge as per the rest of the instructions. Sorry! :o

• 1 month later...

Did any one ever get around to fixing/ update the links because this does look like it could be an interresting mod but it doesn't work yet?

p.s

Windows XP (64 bit)

Update:

I got the basic game working after finding a (still active) link for Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1 files and I’m enjoying this old game again, thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2njzm/Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1.1.zip

If anyone has permanent hosting for this file, I'm sure the free host won't last long. Reply with a mirror if you do so.

Instructions included in package were to install Rebellion and Reloaded side by side. The instructions provided here are for installing Rebellion only:

Windows x64 (64-bit)

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Create the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\SaveGame

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x64.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

Windows x86 (32-bit)

- Run the Star Wars Rebellion cd and select the "Install" option. Select the Maximum option.

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy the Rebellion\MData folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy all Rebellio\*.dll files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x86.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"Volume"=dword:000002bc

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The text of the registry files is now quoted and can be easily copied to notepad. However, you need my executable if you decide to use the redirected data caches from CD to Hard Drive.

To use the original game executables, reverse the changes to following lines from the files above. The changes are noted below, you can simply edit the provided code for the registry keys to their original values and then merge and use the original game executables if you wish. [-] denotes change away from original registry key value to [+] denotes updated registry key value to redirect game caches.

- "DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

- "TooBigLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

+ "DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

+ "TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

• 2 weeks later...

For those still interested, mirrors to Unpacked RebEd v.26 (hex edit friendly) and my hex edited variant ReloadEd v.26r

ReloadEd v.26r

-------------

About:

-------------

Requirements:

Reloaded Mod must be installed in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded and the appropriate Reloaded_x**.reg file merged to registry.

-------------

Limitations:

RebEd v.26 Unpacked (hex edit friendly)

RebEd v.26 Unpacked (hex edit friendly)

About:

Unpacked version of RebEd.exe v0.26

Compared to the original Delphi executable compression,

the original file was smaller but obfusicated the contents

so that attempting to hexedit the executable was not feasible.

The unpacked version can now be easily hex edited and served

as the base for the ReloadEd v.026r package.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry i'm total noob when it comes to programming, my question is does this work for Vista? and where do i type all this information i'm sorry i was trying to figure it out but can't find it exactly in the thread. thanks for the help!

When I try and load the reloaded file i get smackw32.dll is missing error. Did I not put the reloaded file in the right area?

I'm sorry i'm total noob when it comes to programming, my question is does this work for Vista? and where do i type all this information i'm sorry i was trying to figure it out but can't find it exactly in the thread. thanks for the help!

When I try and load the reloaded file i get smackw32.dll is missing error. Did I not put the reloaded file in the right area?

If you did not install the Reloaded mod you only need to use the replacement REBEXE.EXE file in the REBEXE 1.02 folder if you intend to offload movie files to the hard drive and use the customized directory path in my patched registry files. If you used the Rebellion installer with a x86 (32-bit) version of Windows 7 you can use the original REBEXE.EXE file.

SMACKW32.DLL file should be present by default in the C:\Program Files\Star Wars Rebellion\ so either it is missing or has not been registered with the system.

Would help to know if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 and if you are intending to install only Rebellion, or Rebellion/Reloaded side-by-side parallel installations. I can help you further when you do.

• 8 months later...