Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)

budious

Reb Refresh Package 2.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?2o45636jl3ij59z

• Includes updated *.reg files to fix key location
  • Now includes RedEd unpacked and ReloadEd

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 1 month later...
I have not seen it stated anywhere so ... I installed Rebellion on my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and the directions work when you follow them. :oops: Just make sure to read and follow them. I will try later to install the mod and RebEd.

• 10 months later...

Ok so this seems to be what I want to do, and so I did it....maybe i'm just dumb but something isn't working or making sense to me.

I tried to follow the instructions, but the reloaded TC will only install itself when I have have the rebellion files in c:\program files (x86) and not if I copy the files to c:\program Files\ like the instructions say...What am I missing here anybody know ?

(running windows 7 home premium btw)

Second problem:

When I do copy the files to c:\program files (x86) and run the rest of the instructions the mod finally seems to be working but crashes every time I exit a tactical battle ....anybody had that problem before ?

Thanks to all the people working on these mods, even more thanks to the one who get help me get them to work :P

• 4 months later...

Sorry about the gravedig, but I was wondering if somebody could help me out and load refreshed and reloaded onto another link, I live in China and mediafire is blocked here for some strange reason.

thanks!

-Daowei

• 4 weeks later...
You could try mirroring the installation from C:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program FIles; just copy the directory after setup. Then apply the TC installer, then copy the patched install directory back to (x86). I did not test the TC extensively and probably just on 32-bit if I had, so I may have overlooked that.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 3 months later...
Im so eager to try reloaded. Ive installed everything the way I was supposed to, I think. Ive been having issues all day. It took me quite a while to get Rebellion working on 64bit 7. After looking around a bit for some guidance on tactics and mechanics I found Reloaded. Now I'm itchin for it! Ive followed the instructions but when I use the reloaded.exe it just starts the standard game. I have two seperate folders and sets of files with all the right ones in the right places. Help anyone?

• 5 months later...

Double post. Sorry.

To use the versions of RebEd you have included in the package, you must have Delphi 3 installed. Or specifically, you need vcl30.dlp in the same folder as RebEd or RebEdr. That file can be found easily by installing Delphi 3 (check the Windows\System32\ folder). Of course, it won't install on an x64 system. All you really need is vcl30, which was amazing difficult to find. Here's a link; just unzip and put it inside the folder with whichever version of RebEd you are trying to run.

Also, the steps provided for x64 systems are missing several steps. In order to install Reloaded, you must install Rebellion first. Which won't install on a 64 bit system. The installer needed is not included (I found reference to it being 70 MB), nor mentioned, and the registry file to make Windows think its installed is not mentioned or included. I was able to reconstruct it by working off the ones in the package, and then of course found your (Budius) version in another post, but not the installer.

After some tinkering, I almost got Reloaded installed. If you can help, see my description of the problem in this thread. Its over there since it really isn't something wrong with the package; its Reloaded itself that isn't working properly.

EDIT: Any idea how to get your version of RebEd to work? It keeps telling me it can't find bla\bla\Star Wars Rebellion\\GDATA\Mncharsd.dat (or any of the other dat files). The double slash is there in the error message; is that part of the problem? I checked, the .dat files are right where they should be. And I just tried vanilla RebEd; it throws the same error. I really do have a love/hate thing going with RebEd...

EDIT AGAIN: I found out the double slash (\\) is a result of a double slash in the registry file. Removing them there and re-merging removes the extra slashes. However, RebEd still won't recognize the files. I renamed everything to be identical to what RebEd is looking for, including the case of each letter. Still no go. Any ideas?

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• 8 months later...

Hi, I managed to get the vanilla Rebellion to work thanks to the Reb_Refresh_Package_2.0, by copying all files from the cd an replacing the rebexe.exe with the new 1.02 .exe and adding a key to the registry. Everything works fine. Now I wanted to try out the reloaded mod, but the installer says the rebellion installation can't be found.

I had copied and registered rebellion to a different directory, but changing it to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion or the same one with the (x86) behind the Programm Files, and adding a key to the registry with the new paths everytime didn't solved the probelm, it still wasn't found by the installer.

Is there any way to manually install reloaded by coping the files? If so, where do I have to put what? Or is there an easier solution for fixing the installer to recognize my Rebellion as installed?

Perhaps someone can help. For me, I gave up on it. Easier to just install a VM with an old operating system, like WinXP. Then you can use Reloaded without concern for x64 problems.

That is my suggestion, anyway. Especially if you are trying to install in Windows 8 (which came out after these installers were designed, and may not work no matter what you do).

Does anyone have a working link for the entire Refreshed and Reloaded download? I cant seem to find the files anywhere.

I've done all the above steps and now I just need the EXE 1.02 file I think.... I'm getting an error that tells me it cant find the install CD ATM.

Edited by Snarfy

Hi Snarfy,

I believe I have the files you're looking for (or at least 1.02 exe) but can't upload them to an email through this website (doesn't have an option for it - at least that I can see).

If you'd be prepared to send me your email address I'll forward what I have. Send to addict-ant@outlook.com or PM/email me through the site or post it on this forum

P.S. I could be wrong about the files you're after - I haven't actually read this post in its entirety but I definitely have 1.02 exe at the least :)

Hiya Ant :) if you have the entire Refreshed and Reloaded files that would be super. I've sent a PM to Stratus as well but I'll PM you my email as well, thanks a bunch!

Snarfy, you can also try a few things. If the CD is scratched, try ripping a copy, mounting it, and perhaps the game will recognize that. Conversely, try disabling any mounting software you have running (Daemon tools, or Alcohol, or whatever). Occasionally those interfere with CD DRM checks.

WOW! 4 people have emailed me since I posted above.

It would seem I do have the files people are looking for (or at least 3 of them have emailed back to say it worked :) )

If anyone else wants it just email me at addict-ant@outlook.com

- though I will unashamedly plug multiplayer on Gameranger and SWR on GOG.com :D

Hi Gorkan,

You'll have to send me your email address (assuming you're not one of those already has) - send to addict-ant@outlook.com

and I'll see what I can do.

P.S. I don't know what the vcl30 file is, so unless it's in the file package (and I can't see it) I don't think I can help with that one :( sorry

P.P.S. now 6 people have requested this file! Hey Evaders - any chance of getting this on the downloads section? :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, I'm also in the same boat looking to get this going on my new Windows 8 machine but can't track down any of the files mentioned above. If I could exchange an email with one of you guys for the zip file I'd be happy to upload them at multiple sources around the net and ensure a few active links.

- Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bandai - sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the offer but have managed to sort it - try the download in this link:

http://www.filedropper.com/rebrefreshpackagebeta12withvcl30addedbyant

Any problems email me at addict-ant@outlook.com.

Hey Master Xan - I've now had 23 people request these files - I had no idea the game was still this popular :D

Happy news if ever I heard it.

P.S. - forget what I said above: I have since learnt what the vcl30 file is and included it in the rebed folders in the above download link

• 6 years later...
Anyone still have a link to this update that works? Trying to get reloaded running on my Windows 7 System and the link in this thread appears to be dead. I already downloaded the main program off the site.