Rebellion Reloaded Beta FAQ

the_mask

Ok, I'll collect some Q & As in this thread, to help along with any problems you might have.

Once something's resolved, the question and the answer will be put into this post and the ones relating to that get deleted.

First of all: read the readme file at the beginning and do exactly as it says. Most problems will be solved by this already.

Q: I can't load the .reb file, RebEd complains that it needs a more recent version.

A: You need to put the .reb file (cards folder) into the RebEd folder, before trying to load it. The "newer" version thing always comes up, if your dllentries.txt file and the one of the mod creator don't exactly match. The cards get loaded anyway.

Q: Why can't I see any new cutscenes ?

A: As the installer says at the end, you need to run the enable_movie_patch.reg file. This can't be done automatically for you, since RebEd would not let you load the .reb file afterwards. Hence, the setup creates a enable_loading_RebEd_cards.reg

Q: I have problems getting it (and the game) to run under Vista...

A: Sorry, none of the team has Vista (IIRC, we're all running XP) and I for one am not planning to get it, as I find it too restrictive. However, budious made a thread called Windows Vista and Rebellion in the General Discussion forum

Q: Does the installer have to be this complicated ?

A: Believe me, you only see the tip of the iceberg. This thing, among other stuff, automatically creates necessary files exactly for your PC, for example. There's also a lot of safety checks in it and we were not allowed, to ship things like Resource Hacker with our TC, either. All in all, things are automated as much as possible right now, but I am working on fine-tuning it.

Q: Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse ........ in Modul 'setup.exe'. Lesen von Adresse ......... -> access violation at address .... in module 'setup.exe'. Reading from address ....

A: That's German for "the Vogons are about to level earth". Ok, maybe it just means you have to shut down your vmware background process in the taskmanager.

Q: Planet x is not at the correct position.

A: This is what ate up nearly all my free time for the last two weeks before the release. If you look at the Corellian system, you might get an idea of the tool I have been writing to counter this. However, this does not fully work yet and so I had to make do with the positions of the original planets and could only move the sectors around in RebEd :?

I used the nav-computer.com map and one that's based on it, as this was the best available source for a canon layout. Some of the planet positions are ... stretched ... but there's only 20 sectors in Rebellion either and I wanted to have as many recognizable planets in there as possible.

Q: Ok, but the encyclopedia info for some of the planets is still wrong.

A: Yup. Since I worked up to the last minute before release on the galaxy layout, the encyclopedia entries will be fixed later on. If you don't know any of the planets, try the CUSWE.

Q: I swear there are the voices of some of the Reloaded team members in this TC, along with the ones from swr members in the tactical mode.

A: Really ? *g* Well, I'm sure the cast will be updated for each correct guess.

Q: Are there any eastereggs hidden in this TC ?

A: Yup :P

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

OK folks. I got it working, to some extent. I just kept pushing ok when that message came up like 100 times, then I tried it out. The characters were all uploaded. I just have a few questions, to make sure I got it all down. I started the game as the Empire...

1. The Empire starts with control of Coruscant. I thought that that was going to be changed so that the Republic started with control of it. Unless I heard wrong, because now that I think about it I dont think that's possible to do without the source code...

2. I put C'Boath on a recruitment mission to Coruscant, and its still Palpy's voice. Are the voices not done yet since this is the beta or did I download it wrong?

3. Same goes for the facilities like mines, facilities, whatnot. Are they not changed yet since its the beta?

4. And once again, same for the missions. Is it just the beta?

5. I thought the voices in the tactical battle screen were gonna be done. Beta?

6. Why the heck is that red droid still annoying the ever-living Force outta me?!

Otherwise, I am very impressed and pleased. I like all the new characters (or re-models of the returning characters). THe appearance of Luuke was a pleasant surprise to me, since it is important that each side have at least two initial Force-users. All the ships look awesome, as do the new units (troops and SpecForc). All in all, it looks awesome. I'll be devoting a lot of time to this bad boy. It was totally worth the wait.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

OK folks. I got it working, to some extent. I just kept pushing ok when that message came up like 100 times, then I tried it out. The characters were all uploaded. I just have a few questions, to make sure I got it all down. I started the game as the Empire...

1. The Empire starts with control of Coruscant. I thought that that was going to be changed so that the Republic started with control of it. Unless I heard wrong, because now that I think about it I dont think that's possible to do without the source code...

2. I put C'Boath on a recruitment mission to Coruscant, and its still Palpy's voice. Are the voices not done yet since this is the beta or did I download it wrong?

3. Same goes for the facilities like mines, facilities, whatnot. Are they not changed yet since its the beta?

6. Why the heck is that red droid still annoying the ever-living Force outta me?!

Otherwise, I am very impressed and pleased. I like all the new characters (or re-models of the returning characters). THe appearance of Luuke was a pleasant surprise to me, since it is important that each side have at least two initial Force-users. All the ships look awesome, as do the new units (troops and SpecForc). All in all, it looks awesome. I'll be devoting a lot of time to this bad boy. It was totally worth the wait.

Agreed, and the behavior of the game is the same for me with the voices and what not. I must have done something wrong.

Edit: Here is the contents of my _VOICEFXE_logfile.txt

[FileNames]

Exe=..\VOICEFXA.DLL

SaveAs=..\VOICEFXA.DLL

Log=_VOICEFXE_logfile.txt

[Commands]

Error: "..\VOICEFXA.DLL" does not exist

This seems to be the same with everything but the Cursor logfile.

First of all, thank you Rob for your good words, we really appreciate it and needed it too :P

To answer some of the problems you mentioned:

1. Coruscant should be on the NR side. Should be an installer error, thugh Mask will sure know more about this.

2. Yes, we had lot of people wanting to do lines for C'baoth, but we are simply too young and believe me no effect filter can give back such characteristic old voice. So we need to find an old (or really old sounding) man, who can record these few lines for us. Mask did some recordings though. I don't know if he loaded that stuff into the BETA

3. Mines and most of the facilities were not updated for the BETA. Only a new shipyard is in ( in the slot of adv. shipyard). System defences are partially updated.

4. Missions. The missions are the same, some mission images were changed (also teh interface) but not all yet.

5. Think we have all recordings for that. Mask should know more about this issue.

6. The red droid (I like him :)) will be replaced with an officer. His voice was recorded by Jahled (should be in the beta aswell)

Thanks for the testings and quick questions. We'll try to answer/fix everything

Q: Ok, but the encyclopedia info for some of the planets is still wrong.

A: Yup. Since I worked up to the last minute before release on the galaxy layout, the encyclopedia entries will be fixed later on. If you don't know any of the planets, try the CUSWE.

I volunteer to fix the (too many) glaring [Hey, I'm gonna do a BA and maybe a Master's in English!) typos and grammatical (and stylistic) errors in the Encyclopedia. Because if I keep playing Reloaded a lot, I will fix them for myself, and that would be selfish.

{Yes, I know, my typing is riddled with typos too, but not when I remember to check over it or type slower than normal.}

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

Thanks LLF. Maybe I'll try re-installing it again or something.

And as for J's voice, the voice in-game is still the red droid (IMP-22?), but I did come across the sound files with the new voice. I clicked on one random one, and it was the soundbite of "that starship is filled to capacity" type. It was this cool British voice, and I automatically assumed it was J.

I haven't fooled around with the NR yet, but seeing how IMP and Thrawn kept their original voices (Thrawn being Vader), I haven't heard anything in game.

Also, on a side note, now that I see that Thrawn has replaced Vader, I am curious to see the auto-generated messages that come up when Thrawn and Luke meet. I was originally under the impression that C'Boath would take Vader's place, thus allowing Luke to "visit" him like in the novels. Oh well. There is so much to explore. I can't wait!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

My voices are working fine... Except for the occasional IMP-22 saying things...

But on the new voices... Well, Bravo... The Imperial ones sound funny... I haven't checked Rebels.... Errr New Republic ones yet.

They aren't funny, like bad funny, but different funny... They sound so out of place... :lol::wink:

I will do your bidding........

For now... :P

"The Chimaera is at your command, Admiral."

—Captain Gilad Pellaeon

Seriously. Am I the only one who does not get Kuat? I get the sector but not the planet.

Kuat is there. Some installation problem it must be!

Kuat is the very first planet in the top left corner.

I don´t know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but, hm, allthough everything is working fine, I still got the same Tactical-Screen with R2 and Threepio and their imperial counterparts, aswell as all the old voices. I´ve got the german version, maybe Mask can give me a hint. I want to hear Jahled and Mad speaking. :lol: Thanks.

Edit:

I deinstalled it completely and tried another installation. After that I got that it shut down with this message again:

AppName: rebexe.exe AppVer:0.1.0.1 ModName: rebexe.exe MoVer: 0.1.0.1 Offset: 00015e45

It´s just possible to play it for me when I don´t use the ResHacker for the installation. But than I guess I miss everything else like the new models, voices and stuff. :?

Edited by Eagle
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Seriously. Am I the only one who does not get Kuat? I get the sector but not the planet.

Kuat is there. Some installation problem it must be!

Kuat is the very first planet in the top left corner.

So does that mean I did something wrong in the installation process?

Teh Sith will Pownzorz you all!!!!!

Hi,

I cannot seem to get Reloaded to work with my copy of the game. I have Supremacy, the UK edition, and after following the installation instructions to the letter, the exe refuses to accept that I have a legitimate CD in the drive, claiming that I need to insert one. Help!

Thanks

$carlet Adder
Poor_People_Are_Shit@Hotmail.Comoor_eople_re_hit@otmail.om

Boooom-Yow! Just killed an SSD with my MC40 and ~30 squadrons of X-wings. Dinged my MC and lost a 'vette, but at 130 days into the game, not a bad kill at all. The Imperial Remnant is dumb, dumb, dumb as far as I can tell, so that may be one thing the Beta Tester folks might want to know. Additionally the SSD's rectangle is overly wide and asymmetrical--it sticks out to the port side of the ship .

Just finished my first game as the Rebs. Everything ran through without a hitch, but I'd say that the new voicework needs some amplification to get up to the regular game volume. Also I've noticed that the Card for "Smuggling Losses End" features a group of Stormtroopers instead of Republic Troops.

To answer Darth--The SSD is a pushover as long as you've got plenty of fighters. The AI gets cocky when it has that much firepower and plows right into the middle of the fight, only to have its TIEs quickly overwhelmed and to be tractored in place by the MC just long enough for the fighters (admittedly I had Luke as Admiral and Wedge as Commander in this case) to drop its shields and hit it with torps, which cut it's hyperdrive and then it's sublight engines. Goodbye to all 200,000 souls aboard.

Fair enough. I have been playing as the Rebels right now but I have not yet finished it but already found a few things.

Personally I think the MC-40a needs to hold 4 fighter squadrons instead of 2. If 4 is too much then I guess it could be 3 but it does need to be more then 2 if it has that big of a hanger.

The Objective icons need to be changed. Nuff said.

With the event that takes over Luke Goes to Degobah it has a different image but it still says 'Luke goes to Degobah', and it has the same sounds.

That is all I have found so far.

Teh Sith will Pownzorz you all!!!!!

Hullo. I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster. Just signed up to talk about the beta.

Hi,

I cannot seem to get Reloaded to work with my copy of the game. I have Supremacy, the UK edition, and after following the installation instructions to the letter, the exe refuses to accept that I have a legitimate CD in the drive, claiming that I need to insert one. Help!

Thanks

I had problems getting my copy of Supremacy to work as well. In the end I completely removed everything to do with Supremacy from my hard drive, re-downloaded all the files needed and restarted the computer. It still took three attempts to get an install that worked. First time through, trying to run video files crashed the game (no explaination). Second time through, RebEd claimed the strings on all the cards were too long and so didn't load the 3D models, but the third time's the charm, although I'm still getting the original C-3PO and IMP-22 intro speeches with the original animations. Also, I'm having the same planet name problems as everyone else.

As for gameplay, has anyone else noticed that the Imps tend to favour the Interdictor too much? I keep running into fleets where over a third of the ships are interdictors. It may need to have some of it's power scaled back so it's not too common.

Emma

Thanks for the reply, I'll try again!

I can get the mod to work fine, provided I only load the .reb cards - if I try an install the new command-centre images, encyclopaedia files etc through the Reloaded setup, then things start to crash. But yeah, I'll try again.

$carlet Adder
Poor_People_Are_Shit@Hotmail.Comoor_eople_re_hit@otmail.om

Welcome to the forums, Kittle.

In my case I´m just able to run Reloaded when I don´t use the Ressource Hacker when installing it. But than I lack of the tactical-screen, the voices, the new models etc. What I´ve got is the cards and the galaxy-map than, what is enough at the moment to have a nice game.

If I use the Ressource Hacker the game crashes immediately after I´ve started a new game and the into-movie is finished. :?

BTW isn´t that Sean Bean on the Daith Rana-Card?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

For everyone having problems with the executable after the resource hacker does it thing, download my "Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package". I have tweaked the executable not to give the errors you are experiencing. If you have already done the full TC setup script all you need to do is rename the installation folder from "Star Wars Rebellion" to "Star Wars Reloaded" , merge the Reloaded_x86 registry key, and drop RELOADED.EXE into your folder and delete REBEXE.EXE - should work for Supremacy players as well to do all of the following steps and delete SUPREMACY.EXE, etc.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy