Rebellion Reloaded Beta FAQ

the_mask

I have a few situations:

1. I can't seem to get the planets to be named the correct way. For example, Coruscant isn't becoming Wayland, and Yavin isn't becoming Coruscant. This happened when I unpacked Reloaded, ran the Setup, and then uploaded the cards.

2. I tried running the installation in a different order by uploading the cards before running Setup.exe. That seemed to have got the planetary names correctly, but then the encyclopedia entries aren't correct. For example, Thrawn's encyclopedia entry is the same as Darth Vader's, and C'baoth's is that of the Emperor. The order of installation here was unpacking Reloaded, uploaded the cards, and then ran Setup.

Am I running the process incorrectly?

I noticed at the start that planetary systems that are owned without any facilities are sometimes lacking a loyalty bar. I have even seen a similar system in uprising, requiring 1 troop garrison despite it having no troops on the planet at all.

Is this a bug? or are there systems that are 'fanaticaly loyal'?

The ones without a loyalty bar simply mean they lack a population. This is normal and was just as prevalent in regular Rebellion. Remember, the sectors have been shifted around so what was once "unexplored" on the Outer Rim, has been moved Coreward, and the center of mass of the Galaxy has shifted to a more accurate lower-right than the previous mass. Therefore, systems in the Core are, like in the sources, unexplored and/or uninhabited. This is normal. Put a few mines or refineries there and within a few dozen days, you'll have a loyal population. Also, this population will start out 100% loyal to you and is less likely to become disloyal in the event of a planetary assault, or some such action.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the following error in rebed:

"String too long : Truncated!"

I've Downloaded TC Reloaded, installed ResHacker, reinstalled Rebellion, reinstalled Rebed - I must have missed something, but no idea what it could be.

Versions

Rebed 0.26

Rebellion 1.00.00

ResHacker 3.4.0.79

It works on my friends pc, but not on my laptop - bitte helft mir!

PS

I selected maximum installation

PPS

Multiplayer does work, but tactical combat is showing the old models - I'm confused. Are we supposed to load the models seperatly one by one?

• 2 weeks later...
AMEN!!! I need an idiot's guide! I've been playing Rebellion since '98 and I'm so anxious to get Reloaded up and running, but it keeps telling me that the card file isn't a RebEd file. The whole thing is FUBAR...anyone...anywhere...know how to fix this?

• 1 month later...

Am I missing something?

I keep seeing all these notices to read the ReadMe carefully or the bloodhounds will be realsed and come after me... Well, I opened said readme (called reloaded_readme.txt) and all it lists are requirements and then goes into a long list of thank you's and ends. Am I missing something?

EDIT:: Oh, and hi, I am new to these parts. SW Rebellion is one of my favorite games and look forward to playing it again! It has been a while. Its no fun only playing against computers, my brother refused to play with me because I was "too good"... kinda depressing :(

So I guess you have some issues with the installation. Be sure to check out the link I´ve just posted above and also this one.

Have you tried this, my fellow bountyhunter?

And welcome to the forum! :D

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• 3 months later...

Its been awhile so...

I have tried installing Reloaded on a XP and Vista computer(both x86) and fail to get the new GUI, new sounds, and the planet names stay the same.

Order of Instal

*Unpacked Reloaded

*Ran Install

*Loaded Cards

*Ran movie registry file

*started game

Any help would be greatly appreciated. From what I've seen so far, models and cards are wonderful. Nice job.

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

• 3 months later...

Not so frequently FAQ'd question: Is this project officially dead?

:D:):(:o8O:?8):lol::x:P:evil::twisted::roll::wink::!::?::arrow::|:mrgreen:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• SWR Staff - Executive
Dead if no one is willing to help

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I thought it was still in Beta testing? :? Although some posted comments and such about the game play, I'm not sure what "the plan" was to address the comments. I assumed new modified files would be supplied to answer user comments. What else is missing (besides voices, LLF is always looking for more voices :D )?
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Like Tex most of the community members may have had similar feelings about the state of RR. People have reported about bugs and problems of that mod, especially about the installation process. If there would have been help needed in any kind of way, the members of the Mod-Team should have requested for some help here in the forum. Allthough most of us are SF-Fans here, nobody is able to read your thoughts, guys. ;)

So post here what kind of help you´re needing and I´m pretty sure that some members of this forum are willing to offer their helping hand.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• 8 months later...

Hello, first a big "thump up" to the Reloadet Team thats the best Rebellion mod that I ever seen.

But now my problems:

I install the Mod normal (like this):

*Unpacked Reloaded

*Ran Install

*Loaded Cards

*Ran movie registry file

*started game

After Ill run the movie registry file, the Game dosnt find Rebellion CD in the drive.

Then I try out the Rebellion Refresh file, ok the Game start, but no new Video, no new Sounds in 3D battle and Thrawn sounds like Darth Vader.

I starts with Coruscant and the Rebells with Yavin. The 3D Moddels are loaded and the Cards too.

Ill try too change the Systems with RebED but the Editor blocks my changes.

So please help me, how I can run the Mod full? (no Coruscant, no Yavin ec)

I have the German version of Rebellion, so all sounds in German. (no new sound runnings after mod install)

thx

Razor666

Well, don't you see the new video of the rebellion reloaded team?

If you want to change the systems, run the "enable_loading_RebEd_cards" reg file. Then you will be able to modify what you wish. And after modifications, enable movies again!

i just see the Reloadet Team Logo, when there is more I dosn see it.

Ill try out the "enable_loading_RebEd_cards" reg file, but I cant change the Planet names ... :(

and my second try was the gamma patch but it dosnt change the name, just the Planet view.

And how can I activated the english voices?

Please Obi Wan you my only hope ... ;)

thx

Razor

Hey thank for the fast answer :o , I re - install the mod/game more than 10 times.

It runs (thx to Budious for his Rebellion Refresh) but without the new soundfiles and new planet names ... (Coruscant, Yavin)

My install folder for the Reloaded Mod is C:\Programme\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\beta

I dosnt know what Ill can do ... mmh maybe the "Programme" folder rename in "Program files"??

Non, I don't think there is a problem with your installation then. You see, The sound files aren't complete. It was too much of a big job. So then, you might hear from time to time the voice of c-3p0 and that of IMP-22. I beleive that it is the same for thrawn and C'baoth.

And for the planet names? It is a total mess: Coruscant should be to the NR and Wayland for the empire. It has to be done manually with Rebed. However, problem is that Yavin can't be the planet you use to change the name (wich would the be called Coru...). So I used Qua Chrystisac (or something like that) to rename-it Coruscant and you should make sure that it is colonized. Then, bring Leia there and the planet should be yours. So you will have to modify the encyclopedy entries if you want this to be more canonic or only to fit .

By the way, the planet emplacement were not correctly placed either. I am already altering those myself, which can be long... I am done with the deep core systems, but few, its long...

Hureka !! 8O , I found a error in my registry (maybe the german version dosnt like the Reloaded reg-files) ... I just uninstall Rebellion install a new fresh version and copy the Reloaded version over it.

Now I can change the names of the planets (ok planets like Yavin can never have long names like Coruscant but thats ok, Coru is ok :wink: )

Ill change many other like the woodplanet Hoth :lol: into a Iceplanet ec.

But how I can change the encyclopedia files with the RebED ???

And how I can change the Colonized option Yavin ?? (Coru)

To change the encyclopedia entries, look this post: viewtopic.php?p=536937#p536937

Then, about Yavin, as far as I know, you cannot modify the colonized option. However, I would suggest you to take another planet and rename-it to Coruscant rather than Yavin. That way the planet would get more than a 3 slots building limit.

That's up to you ;)

• 3 years later...
Q: Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse ........ in Modul 'setup.exe'. Lesen von Adresse ......... -> access violation at address .... in module 'setup.exe'. Reading from address ....

A: That's German for "the Vogons are about to level earth". Ok, maybe it just means you have to shut down your vmware background process in the taskmanager.

This problem occurs for me and I do not have a vmware installed on my PC is there anything that could cause this? I have tried lowering desktop res to 800x600 and lowering color to 16 bit but still same thing (was a shot in the dark). I am running Win7 Ultimate Edition Intel 3.2G with a Nvidia GTX 8800 vid card

• 10 years later...

I installed RebED and Resource Hacker, unloaded the files to my Rebellion installation.

When I try to run the Mod's installer it asks me to find the Resource Hacker.exe and then just goes silent. Nothing else happens. 

Did I miss something?