Release Date - Public BETA

Lord_La_forge

Is possible, try to modify the volume in the options screen. (lot of homemade recordings..)

That helps (I did it right off the bat), but even high enough that the beeps are PAINFULLY loud, not all of the voice recordings are understandable.

As to new strategies - they are Spec-mission happy. I've been losing about 1 defense building every 5 days. And they captured Disra. Who was the just-installed admiral on a fleet of mine.

I also find that everything repairs really, really fast. Which is handy, because a poor Carrack of mine keeps getting about two volleys from being killed, only to be back up to full 40 days later. On the other hand, it does remind one of EAW. As well, characters seem to heal very quickly, but then, mine rarely get shot.

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly mission happy. Without doing anything, i captured Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ackbar, and..a ton of other minor characters. All aboard the Chimaera..with Thrawn and co.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

First off, sorry I posted this on the Beta Tester Member's List.

Anyway....

Firstly let me say "I love the effort and work that the reloaded team have done."

I know this is a beta so here come a some observations for tweaks.

I don't know if this is how it is intended, or some glitch in my install but no doubt someone will let me know.

A game playing issue with the accurate locations of Coruscant and Wayland is that they are relatively close together.

When playing the Imperials, with C'Boath recruiting on Wayland without any other characters in the vacinity early in the game he has been abducted twice from Coruscant, I assume by Han and/or Luke. This may lead a few boring games.

The sector names have changed OK.

The planet names are still in their original state so instead of starting points being Coruscant for the NR and Wayland for Imperials they are still listed as Yavin and Coruscant.

The planetary icons for them however have changed.

This must be a glitch with the installer and the TEXTSTRA.dll file.

Also, changing "Admiral Thrawn" to "Grand Admiral Thrawn" in TEXTSTRA.dll (2377,1033,38017) may be a nice touch.

The new logo movie for the intro works fine and the "in game" audio does have all the reloaded team voices in.

Some are a little quiet though. Maybe the volume can be increased in later beta releases.

The animation for the Mon Calamari Guide works really well, although Threepio pops up from time to time.

Just a thought on the intro NR movie. As the rebels are in possession of Coruscant at the start of the game, why not (for the next beta) copy MDATA.103 (the invasion of Coruscant) into that slot. It sort of fits.

The picture that pops up when a fleet battle is about to commence does make seeing the ships you have at your disposal for the battle a little difficult to see. This may be better in greyscale.

Just to reiterate. I love reloaded

It has given new life to the game and I look forward to further beta releases before the FULL release.

Some things I've noticed, playing as the Imps only thus far:

• --In GID selection menu, Death Star Shield is still displayed, instead of SSD Shield.
    --The NR started on Togoria, not Coruscant - I'm not sure if this matters at all, but thought it worth mentioning after reading mrpp's post. ^
    --Also, I started on Coruscant, not Wayland. There is no Wayland in my game.
    --I'm kind of disappointed that there are a total of five Imperials that are capable of R&D: Lemisk for all three, Veers and Covell on Troops, Sal-Solo on Facilities, and Fel on Ships.
    --The research values seem rather high on Ship Design Research (I was curious and looked at the values in RebEd).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edit: IMP's voice seems to cut out sometimes mid-sentence if I click on something while he's talking. I've also noticed that the old image for Shipyard Idle appears in the message window. It shows an old advanced shipyard instead of the new version. I didn't think to look back before I upgraded all of them.

EDIT2: Just started a NR game:

--3PO showed up for the entire briefing.

--Fleets 1 & 4 contain MC-40a's with two troop regiments.

--Again, no Wayland, and NR starts on Yavin, although visually names were correct (Wayland for Imps, Coruscant for NR) in briefing (3PO still had HIS script).

I'll add more later, most likely.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Can't speak for most of Mitth_raw_nuruodo's post, but one things for sure at the start of the game.

The location that the rebs are starting from is intended to be Coruscant. The planet icon on mine has changed to the icon that was for Coruscant.

I naturally assumed that we would find that Wayland was Joruus' seat of power. If you look the icon should no longer be Coruscant.

Just bear in mind this is a beta, and that there are obviously things happening that

i) the design team weren't expecting

ii) there are things they haven't even addressed yet.

That's way they've asked us to report glitches anyway.

Still, the game has enough in it to keep me more than occupied at the moment.

Roll on next beta. :D:D

mrpp; I notice you're from the UK - does that mean you have a copy of Supremacy as opposed to Rebellion? If so, how did you get the mod to work?

I have Supremacy too, It doesn't conflict with RR.

Scarlet

I competely uninstalled Supremacy.

I found that it crashed when i first loaded it, but I installed R1.01 update first. I also linked to my existing Resource Hacker during the install.

Second time i didn't install the r1.01 update, and selected the resource hacker in the rebellion reloaded beta directory instead.

Once i'd loaded the .reb file using RebEdit and clicked on the movie registry file it worked OK.

Hope you get it sorted.

Scarlet

I competely uninstalled Supremacy.

I found that it crashed when i first loaded it, but I installed R1.01 update first. I also linked to my existing Resource Hacker during the install.

Second time i didn't install the r1.01 update, and selected the resource hacker in the rebellion reloaded beta directory instead.

Once i'd loaded the .reb file using RebEdit and clicked on the movie registry file it worked OK.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers for the advice; it worked perfectly! Seems Reloaded doesn't like the 1.01 update?

$carlet Adder
Poor_People_Are_Shit@Hotmail.Comoor_eople_re_hit@otmail.om

@mrpp & Scarlet: I'm curious, but when you installed Reloaded, did the system and sector names match up with the new versions? I mean, is Yavin the New Republic base or is it named Coruscant? And is the Imperial HQ Coruscant or Wayland? I had issues with this...

Yavin and Coruscant appeared, but since I read one of the other threads about loading .reb file before running the install, the planets are all correct.

The encyc. files descriptions are all wrong though. the Character names are correct so i'm ignoring it though.