Lord_La_forge

I will try Reloaded BETA  

40 members have voted

1. 1. I will try Reloaded BETA

• Yes, I would gladly help with testing
    • Not interested, but it sounds great
    • I don't have faith in it anymore

Yupp there is a BETA in our hands :)

It is time to answer all your questions!

ABOUT BETA:

It will be released after the following task are completed:

-Animating some advisor gestures. (in progress right now)

-Recording the lines of the NR advisor.

-Embending the 2 new droids.

- main installer for Reloaded

- some basic site where you can get it (half done)

:arrow: It won't include:

all movies

new voices (except for the advisors hopefuly)

full game balance (that's why it's beta in the first place)

some event pictures (most of them are done however)

:arrow: It will come with:

all new cards

all models

new GUI and interfaces

animated advisors

encyclopedia entries

reshaped galaxy

bugs

:arrow: Why was it taking so long:

:)

I've just counted. I have 1366 image files on my hd, produced all for Reloaded. (not counting the animation frames of course, which is about 5000 more)

Lot of voices, movies, text needed to be changed to fit with the Thrawn era.

We had a very small team for all these tasks.

Release date is not yet set (sorry, is impossible to tell when our team members have time to finish their tasks). As we have a date I will tell you.

Before release, you will see some more screenshots on this site, so keep an eye out for them :) If you see the new GUI on one of the screenshots, then the release won't be far away anymore :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to test this:)

question though... are you gonna have more seclection of ships and such to buy?

We have 10 new ships and a battlestation. But all ships have new graphics and models. (and some ship are now available for both sides)

"What about Moddb for the site?"

I'm not sure what that word stands for

I'll test... Does "ModDB" stand for "Modifications database?" I dunno... Oh, and I'm downloading Audacity right now. I'll try to do a good voice or two for some of the characters.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive

I assume he means http://www.moddb.com

But why put it on another site when we can put it here! Esp since it matters to the Rebellion players here. Not to mention that Rebellion isn't even a game listed on Moddb

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

So let's hear, what do you want to know
We have 10 new ships and a battlestation. But all ships have new graphics and models. (and some ship are now available for both sides)

What are the new ships and battlestation, and the stats? Which ships are shared by both sides? What are the fighter, army and spec force units (I'm assuming they all changed)? Are there any changes to facilities? And what are the changes to the character slots for each side?

That should be enough for now ... :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Well I'll tell you some of them:

The Corvette, Carrack crsr, Star Destroyer mark I., neb.-b will be set for both sides.

We have new ships like: Modular Starhauler, Mc40, Mc80b, and 3 kinds of SSDs.

The battlestation is the Golan III, that Mask created.

For the fighters, we did only chagnge the y-wing and the bomber to something new.

For the army units, there still will be wookies, stormtroopers, darktroopers, but it will include airpeeders and clonetroopers.

For the special forces we have stealthtroopers, NR Regulator (repalcing stupid guerillas), Scout Corps, Noghris and fully new espionage units (yupp the bothans and the protocol droid had to go)

Of course all cards are updated with new graphics. Stats are new too, but since beta will be a test for them, It won't be of any use to give them out now.

Can you give us the stats for all of the new ships? I like to use the poster that came with the game as well as a sheet of paper and some calculations to determine whether or not I want to take part in some battles...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You can still import your own cards after installing Reloaded. It will have an own install tool, and you don't need to have RebEd for it, but you can still use it of course. That's why all BETA testers will require RebEd, to see the stats and discuss it here.

I don't want to post the stats, you will see it in the BETA. Calculations can't be enough, we need space battles to test them.

"The MC-80b is a 1200 meter long cruiser built by the famed starship designers, the Mon Calamari. A distinctive design, the MC-80b is considerably more powerful than the more common MC-80 design and can fight most Imperial Star Destroyers to a standstill. Although it has the same amount of guns, the new targeting systems and linked firing controls increase its firepower significantly. The MC-80b carries 4 squads of fighters."

Hey all... It's good to see there's still an active Rebellion community after all these years. I'm a first time poster, but a long time Reb vet... bought it the first day it was out and have played it off and on consistently since then. I've been a gamer for a long time, but this is the one game I seem to always come back to.

Anyway, for some reason it took 9 years for me to realize "hey, there could be mods out there!" Long story short, this mod looks extremely promising, and I'd love to help out in testing if I'm welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

If everything goes well, it will be out until the end of March.

(beta will have all important feauters in it, so don't get confused. The beta will be fully playable, yet unbalanced. Only some movies and voices are missing.)