Rebellion Reloaded BETA - Questions and Answers

Lord_La_forge

I will try Reloaded BETA  

40 members have voted

1. 1. I will try Reloaded BETA

• Yes, I would gladly help with testing
    • Not interested, but it sounds great
    • I don't have faith in it anymore

Bugs... in a non-existent beta, never! Stop flabbergasting us with your procrastination and hand over the final polished version already. :x:arrow::evil:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... budious-proof :roll:

:oops:

The only way to budious proof your game is to clone me and put me on the otherside of me to play against myself. Despite any good AI improvements, I will never be happy. With that said, I'm just being a twit, no offense to you guys... just keeping myself entertained with a Nuke Dukem in the meantimes...

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

• SWR Staff - Executive

We have some special stuff planned for release just for budious

- All text is in wookiee-speak

- All droids have been replaced by Jar Jar

- All voices have been replaced by Jar Jar

- All sounds have been replaced by Jar Jar

- oh heck, all text and images are Jar Jar

:)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

should i quit being excited about this?

should we quit working on it?

Give the guys so slack.. they are really trying to make a great Rebellion conversion. It won't revolutionize the gameplay or anything, but it is certainly fun and there's still quite a few surprises in there. Patience will be rewarded with a solid beta that everyone can enjoy. Demands to rush it will only make the team mad. :)

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Hence the thread designed specifically for asking when it is coming out, and such related things and questions, complete with a disclaimer warning designers and the like not to read it.

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

• 2 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

It is suggested to have a completely new installation of Rebellion to play. You will need to the CD to install. It won't have a seperate uninstall process, you'd have to reinstall Rebellion clean again.

Multiplayer will be possible with those who have Reloaded installed.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Assuming that the registry key identifying the game version is 2.0 or subsequently different from the original game version, this should be compatible and isolated from the original versions within the existing Rebellion game rooms on services such as Gamespy arcarde? Out of the box multiplayer with no hitches might be possible?

• SWR Staff - Executive

Neat idea. How can we implement this?

Good idea to talk to the_mask about getting this option done, it would be really neat to have

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

You can compare to my registry, something may be missing or change between 1.00 and 1.01 patch install. This 1.00 installed via my installer.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

You can see there is an empty Version folder with no key entries, this may change once a patch is installed or from Rebellion CD.

Edit: Comparing this extraction to an older release revealed this folder may be non-existent from the CD installer, let me research further.

Then of course the directplay portion.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"GUID"="{8DEC0D67-DCF5-11d0-AFED-0020AF9D7C7E}"

It might also be possible to a create a "switcher" program that would install regular rebellion and reloaded side by side installation folders and then by executing the program could alter the registry keys to activate which version you want to play. I am assuming the rebexe.exe has not been extensively altered and resource paths hacked. Supply me with a pre-public beta files and I may be able to suggest other interoperability methods for the public release.

• 2 months later...
Is there a way that the pilots voices in the tactical combat may say "Red Group aknowledged..." or for the Empire "Alpha Group aknowledeged..."? Because these are the names they used to have in other games and in the movies instead of Taskforce Five aso. Or is it impossible? :?
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Is there a way that the pilots voices in the tactical combat may say "Red Group aknowledged..." or for the Empire "Alpha Group aknowledeged..."? Because these are the names they used to have in other games and in the movies instead of Taskforce Five aso. Or is it impossible? :?

Sure it's possible. First you need a voice; the obvious choice would be your own :wink: Then you need some recording software (I think Mad said there was a free program called Audacity on the net, somewhere). Finally, use Resource Hacker and open up the VOICEFXA.DLL (Alliance voices) and/or VOICEFXE (Empire voices) and find the appropriate "phrase" and replace it. Very simple, very easy :D

Good Luck!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Then you have to find the guy who did the original voice (good luck on that :roll: ), or get someone else. You only asked if it was possible, not practical :P
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?