Reloaded on Win7 64bit. Can someone help me?

timhaddox

Well, looking at the unpacked files, these are assets that need to be in place of the old resource assets installed using a program like Resource Hacker to slip them back into the dll libraries. If the original game assets are starting in your game, then the assets are not installed properly. You want to make sure the files get unpacked into the proper Rebellion directory. I can read post yours is not occurring. Make sure to give the installer permission to write in your Rebellion directory.

Else, you can install the assets yourself one by one using substitution Resource Hacker.

Normally unpack the Reloaded.exe into a temporary folder, then launch "Setup.exe" with administrators permission and direct it towards your Rebellion install so it can find it.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok so maybe it's cause I'm not using rebed to load the reloaded cards. But I don't know how to use rebed and can't find reloaded cards anywhere.

Did you ever get this resolved timhaddox?

You have failed me for the last time.

I didnt. but i am playing on my old laptop that has xp so im good. is there anyway to play a reloaded multiplayer game?

Yes. However, both computer must have the exact same version of the game and the mod.

• 3 months later...

Greetings, I am new to this board since my latest build for windows wiped out all my coding for making rebellion work.

I use Windows 7 64 with a pretty hot i7 core, and this worked great to get me up and running.

Used the instructions as well as the files provided here : http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27471

Make sure you copy the .dll file. Now you can bypass the reloaded if you want to, and install vanilla Rebellion, or you can go "whole hog". Both worked like a charm.

Make sure you follow the steps exactly if you are a file novice. Otherwise you can see the shortcuts in the steps. Regardless, this WILL allow Rebellion and reloaded to run on a Windows 7 64bit platform.

Hope this help!

• 2 weeks later...

I had this working once, and now I can't make it work.

Couldn't install Rebellion (of course) so I copied the files manually. Tried to install Reloaded; guess what? It can't find Rebellion.

Snagged Budius registry files for his Refresh version, modified them to defaults, merged, tried Reloaded. It works! Except about .2 seconds into the install, I get this:

"Zugriffsverletzung bei adresse 004542A4 in Modul 'setup.exe'. Schreiben von adresse 009D8CA8"

On a hunch, I guessed it was German. Google Translate says: "access violation at address 004542A4 in module 'setup.exe'. Writing address 009D8CA8"

Tried it again. Same message, except the addresses are different. Ok... made sure I was running as administrator. Checked my registry file. Searched online, found another version of the registry file put out by Budius, actually designed to do what I was trying to do. I used that version, ran Reloaded again, same error (except different addresses, of course). I tried leaving it open for awhile, but it never closes and never seems to do anything. Not frozen though; responds instantly when I close it.

Anybody have a clue how to get this working outside of a VM? I managed to get Rebellion itself working just fine, thanks to Budius' wonderful Refresh, but I can't get Reloaded to install.

Ok so maybe it's cause I'm not using rebed to load the reloaded cards. But I don't know how to use rebed and can't find reloaded cards anywhere.

Download Reloaded, run the exe. There should now be a whole bunch of folders in whatever location you put them in. One of them says 'cards' and contains a single file inside. You should be able to import that into RebEd to get the cards. Note, however, that there are some bugs in that file; somewhere around here there is another version, called Rebellion_Reloaded_gamma.reb. That version has some updates to it.

Also note, that one of the units is the Golan III station. You will need to run the starbase mod AFTER importing the cards, or the Golans will have hyperdrives. Additionally, I'm not sure that loading the cards this way will really work, but... its worth a shot if all you want are the cards in place.

Or you can install an older version of Windows (like the XP your laptop is using) inside a virtual machine. I prefer to use VMware for that, but its not the only free utility you could use. Do some research and you can come up with a host of tutorials to make a VM, then you just pop the Rebellion disc in, install, and run the Reloaded installer. Easy as cake.

EDIT: After some more tinkering, I got Reloaded's installer to bypass the setup.exe error. Now it gives the same error, except for ntdll.dll. I have that file in System32. Placing copies in Rebellion's folder, or in the Reloaded setup folder, does nothing. I found a version of ntdll.dll that is half the size of my own version, but I can't swap them out of System32 (protected) and I'm hesitant to break said protection, even though I know how. Just don't know enough about .dll files to know if you can hide viruses/rootkits in them. Anybody have any ideas?

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"