RR - update - balance troops

Khanti

Yet another point of interest. I'd like to introduce you into my viewing of Thrawn's Campaign.

Every unit should has its place on battlefield. I've changed roles of some of units. Some, because that was more canon, some because of balance reasons.

So let's look at TROOPS:

NAME / SUGGESTED COST / SUGGESTED MAINTENANCE

Thrawn:

Assault AT Regiment 6/3

attack 10 / defence 7 / detection 15 / research 0

Available from beginning. Assault unit, good in attack and defence but costly. Poor detection value.

Clone Troopers 3/1

attack 5 / defence 5 / detection 25 / research 1

Available soon. You need to establish Spaarti cloning cylinders and place ysalamiri around it. Those clones grow very fast, so they are cheap, but not very well trained.

"With a Spaarti cloning cylinder, a fully grown adult human could be grown in a staggeringly quick one standard year. However, Kaminoan cloning was much more effective, for ten years of growing in constant learning and training resulted in creating perfect warriors despite the long wait. Spaarti clones did not receive any training, instead they had their personalities formed by a process known as "flash memory", which involved writing the memories of another person to fresh clone's brain. Spaarti clones grown in less than a full year had the dangerous side effect of possible clone madness. However, Thrawn discovered that using ysalamiri to cut off the clone's connection to the Force would enable the creation of the clone in 15 standard days at the least, 20 standard days at the middle, or 21 standard days at the most.

Spaarti clones were given only Flash-training on the basics of being a soldier: such as how to fire a rifle. When first sent into action, the clones of the 14th did not bother to take cover from enemy fire, and their weapons accuracy was surprisingly pitiful."

Stormtroopers (not clones) 5/2

attack 7 / defence 7 / detection 30 / research 0

Available from beginning. Main battle unit. Good in attack, defence and security, but costly.

CompForce 5/2

attack 6 / defence 9 / detection 35 / research 3

Need to be researched. Great in defence and security. Better in attack than clones, but weaker than Stormtroopers and AT.

I removed Sandtroopers as Empire does not need another assault regiment. It has 3 good attackers, one cheap Clones. So it needs some defence.

And I don't like those troopers on Banthas from Tatooine. Didn't they have vehicles?

Darktroopers 8/3

attack 11 / defence 8 / detection 20 / research 5

Ultimate firepower. Need to be researched though. I plan to increase research time for that regiment also.

Anyway, they can attack everything. They can also defence well. Only CompForce is better in defence. But they are droids so detection value is low.

New Republic:

Mech Regiment 6/3

attack 8 / defence 6 / detection 15 / research 0

Available from beginning. First assault unit, equivalent of Imperial AT, although a little weaker.

Airspeeder Regiment 5/2

attack 5 / defence 7 / detection 20 / research 1

Main defensive unit. Soon to research. Will be outclassed by Commando, but have great bombardment resistance and Commando are vulnerable to bombardment.

Army/Fleet Regiment 3/1

attack 4 / defence 6 / detection 30 / research 0

Cheap and effective security force. Not meant to attack anything. Available from beginning. NR can have tons of them to counter clones.

Commando Regiment 4/2

attack 7 / defence 7 / detection 35 / research 3

Need to be researched. Good in everything. Equivalent of Imperial stormtroopers, but cheaper.

Wookiee Regiment 6/3

attack 10 / defence 7 / detection 25 / research 5

Great at attacking. Good on defence. Average detection. Costly and need to be researched.

Any ideas?

Pretty good and thoughtful. I am not that familiar with RR, but it seems you have good creative ideas. :)

Maybe give the Republic a troop with more defense but lower stats similiar to the Imperials.

Say Wookie or one od those gets a defense of 8 instead of simply 7. Just looking at the cost and maintence.