RR - update - balance starfighter costs

Khanti

STARFIGHTERS:

STARFIGHTER / CREDITS for 1 UNIT / CREDITS for SQUADRON / SUGGESTED COST / SUGGESTED MAINTENANCE

X-WING 150.000 / 1.8 mln / 4 / 2

A-WING 175.000 / 2.1 mln / 4 / 2

B-WING 220.000 / 2.6 mln / 6 / 3

E-WING 185.000 / 2.2 mln / 6 / 3

TIE Fighter...............60.000 / 0.7 mln / 2 / 1

TIE Interceptor......120.000 / 1.4 mln / 4 / 2

Scimitar..................120.000 / 1.4 mln / 4 / 2

TIE Defender..........300.000 / 3.6 mln / 10 / 3

Prices are taken directly from SW sources. Cost / maintenance numbers were rounded up.

These prices are pair to ship's costs. So if Corellian Corvette costs 3.5 mln (rounded to 4 mln) and has 4/1 value in game, or Lancer 4.7 (5 mln) has 5/2 value, starfighters squadrons follows the same scheme.

12*fighter cost = squadron cost, then all rounded up, so 0.7 mln for TIE Fighter = 1, X-WING = 2, but I multiplied all squadron costs by 2, to increase build time of squadrons in game. Call it "balancing".

Then I used 50% value as maintenance cost.

Some exceptions were made.

1. E-WING should have similar price to A-WING, but I consider it a brand new technology in that period, so it must cost more in its initial stage.

"The E-wing was considered an excellent combination of firepower, maneuverability, speed, and armor, but initial models required the use of the R7-series astromech droid, which was exclusively built for the E-wing."

2. A-WING rounded up should has value 5/3 but I think it wasn't more costly to field A-WING than X-WING squadrons, so I left it the same.

3. TIE Defender rounded up should has value 8/4 but I know that it was said to be 5 times than TIE Fighter. Another issue is that TIE Defenders were "secret" and it should be very difficult to introduce them into production. So I increased their cost as a part of preparing factories to produce them.

"The sophisticated features of the TIE Defender had two major implications. The inclusion of the hyperdrive, shields, and reinforced armor made the ship heavier than any of its predecessors—a fact which made its speed and maneuverability all the more impressive. More importantly, the ship was very expensive, with each unit costing 300,000 credits—more than five times the cost of a standard TIE Fighter."

"The ship would resurface during the return of Grand Admiral Thrawn, though they were still deemed too difficult to produce and maintain, and remained a minority within the Imperial fleet."