The remade charcters for Reloaded !

Antonius

Hello to all. I've not been here long time ago. I've decided to write here, that who is also interested to play with Reloaded, i can provide for those the characters pictures, remade by me. Now they had higher quality. Who wants them, just write here in the forum and provide an e-mail adress.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4095

Here you can see a few samples... All characters are done,however some little pictures - especially in battle mode - still are not high quality.

I need some time to correct them to looking good in the battel screen.

Tomorrow i will give you the characters. Write me your e-mail adress in PM.

Do you have Yahoo Messenger ? my adress if you have : santaantal@yahoo.com

http://www.4shared.com/file/87473801/5a8f788/Before_the_storm.html

Here is my T(otal) C(onversion). You can download too. Unfortunatly you cannot find here amongst the other TC's coz once the server was halted, the link was erased. After that not was put up again.

THe application "before_the_storm .exe" says it contains a low level virus. Could just be my scanner.

Can you make it so just the pictures? I only need the pics in what ever format you wish. Running EXE is bad for me.

Bundle pics up in seperate foler and zip download. No EXE. ThX :)

Unfortunatly the characters descripcion is not good, since the install version of the Reloaded could not change well the descriptions in the DLLs.

Yesterday i succeeded to install a new version Photoshop, i beginned to make minor corrections on the characters. You will have wait until i finish - i didnt want to give to you bad charcters wich not have highly enough quality.

But those wich are allready 100% i can send. Unfortunatly i didnt know from where you can aquire the description of the characters. La Forge who made the pictures is unavaialable, i didnt talked with him i think a year ago only, the other members i didnt know well, maybe if Mad 78 is still active, you shoud ask him.

OK. There is no hurry. I have access to quite a few character infos. I am not close to being finished yet. I can use a certain format, for a place holder, so new pictures can be swapped out in place of the old ones. I wanted more agents per side, about 40 per side. For a large universe of 300-400 planets.

How many total characters do you have? I can use more than the stock game. Plus what size bitmap size are your pics? IE How much information in pixels and color depth to be specific. Example, small pics and big pics. 40 by 40 pixils at 32 bit color (or 256).

I want peeps to be able to set the 'common' pool size of major and minor characters to recruit from in a game, I also thought about some gameplay change where several characters can be recruited to both sides, so it gives a choice to recruit fast and early to get the most characters out of the pool, and balanced againts getting agents out into the field to work doing missions.

Plus more of a chance that characters can be traitors and join the other side. You just never know. Traitor Missions to make convince an enemy agent to flip sides. So characters will have a Morale rating so to speak that is hidden from the player. Also in battles, characters can impart special ability, along with standard units they command while in a battle, ground assault, or Special Missions. 8) RPG light just to spice up the characters and missions. Some are good at doing certain things. A bit of role playing. Card games -with a RTS touch/ turn based sort of strategy.

1. New character infos : how do you mean 40/side ? in the Rebellion/Supremacy game only 30 are allowed per side. One user here, i forgot his name, succeeded to raise the number of the recrutable persons to 31-31 or even to 32-32 (maybe).But due that we cannot access the core of the game - the code - or how is called, we cannot insert any more persons...

2. How many characters do you have ? : well, i have all characters made by La Forge for Reloaded, i have my own characters in my Before the storm TC - these characters were selected form the New Hope movie - seen or unseen persons.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3426 - here you can see all persons pictures from my TC.

If you want, i can make for you new cards, only send the pictures to me. As i made many cards, i am quite experienced to do high quality cards, however, this thing very depending on the received picture. 8)

3. Plus what size bitmap size are your pics? : the encyclopedia picture is 400x200 bmp. The next pictue is 80x80 , then 61x25 - these were posted by me, wich do you liked, and in the battlefield do you see the characters inside the ships in 32x32. All pictures use 256 colors.

4.Traitor Missions : i cannot imagine how you can insert this mission in the Rebellion game. Or i didnt understood you well, and you make lets tell "a new game" ? or what you will do, will be based on another game, not on Rebellion ?

An another question : from wich era do you want to gather the persons for the game ? In wich era will be the game ?

In the Old Republic, or Empire vs Rebellion, or Thrawn era etc ?

I am remaking the whole game. It takes more than a year. I am using recycled and new graphics from rebellion.

There are alot of different size pictures. I will take them all. See my thread or my post around this forum about the Rebellion 2008: A New Source.

So I am not limited to 30 per side. I can do whatever I want. :) THX for any pictures you can give me. It is not going into the old Rebellion game. It is for a new rewrite of the game. Should make old fans happy, plus no more head aches getting to run on XP or Vista I hope.

Hmh,so this mean, that you are writing/programming a new game, based on the Rebellion. I think that is a very worthy attempt.

Sure, i will provide all characters, pictures i can. I remind you, that i have some very high quality pictures wich i reserved for my "Super" TC.

I planned 4 TC's to make, 3 were from the movies, 1'st New Hope - this one i've done with the name "Before the storm", the Empire strikes back and the Return of the Jedi were not initiated/beginned. But for the Super TC i reserved some high quality pictures, we can insert in your game - concuding Obi Wan, bounty hunter wich were Leia, from weequay warriors etc etc.

I am progressing with correcting the persons, the empire's side is nearly complete. After that i will begin to correct the rebel side too.

Now i will check your post about the new Rebellion.

Wich other new things do you want to insert in the game ? I would have some ideas, if you can programming anything you want.

I think that all vessels shoud have a building price, and should need materials. Tibanna gas for weapons, other materials for hiperdrive, alloy for the body of ships etc etc.

As was created in the SW Combine online game.

You also shoud insert a recruiting mission - to recruit non playing characters - they would create the crew of the ships, miners, workers, builders, etc. All planets to have buildings, and a governor who make all aquirements for his planet needings. Automatically directing the trade routs, constructing buildings, ship buildings etc. We also shoud involve the merchants, they shoud sell us electronics, alloys, other things, but they should pay a tax entering our planet(s).

An another thing : as i like the Rebellion, in the EAW i didnt liked very much to fight in the ground... It is not enough desireble thing, as i didnt want to waste my time, i would like to direct an empire and to fight space battles :) If we insert many planets, it is disturbing when you must do same thing at least 200 or 300 times during a single game... (like in the Imperium Galactica 1 and 2 games - however i like these games)

Do you have a Yahoo or MSN adress ? I wanna to discuss you online...

Yahoo - santaantal@yahoo.com

MSN - antonius@spitalos.knet.ro

Good ideas. I would like a more complex economic model. I want each capital ship to be important, not a throw away. I want fewer capital ships, not a thousand over each planet. Each ship will have a complex model to build.

If you lose a ISD to your enemy, you will feel it. This is part of the multiple strategy; economic warefare, agent missions, diplomacy, etc. These are important too.

I will have ground battle, I like them. But the ground battle will be a more simplified 2D card based mini-game attack/defend. It will not be a tedious 3D ground assault as was in EAW.

Much quicker, but more fun to watch.

A decent AI governor that you can mold, to take care of basic micro-management of each planetary system if you wish. That was a bit tedious in th original game.

Sure, i feel that a more complex economy is needed. We must have all materials needed for ship building, and if we didnt have that material - lets tell the tibanna gas, our ship could be finished its building, however it will be unable to fight without the laser guns.

Tied to this, we should have some options : we as empire should make deal with the pirates to catch our enemies trading ships with materials or neutral traders, and the captured material to sell us, etc.

And sure, an ISD should be more important, even in the Rebellion or EAW i did not felt the might of the Imperial power. An ISD should be more power and dreadful. Maybe we should insert that option, that if we defeat a ship, we could decide that we want to capture it - if we have troops for this - or simply destroying it.

Ground battle : i am happy if we not must wasteing our time to control our troops in ground battles.

About the governors : not for only a planet but for a sector we must put them. If we have 30-50 sectors with 5-10 planets, will mean 30-50 persons who can become a governor. These governors could be NPC's, not our rectruited characters, but they can have also skills, and advancing as he become more experienced.

How about to chat with me ? You does not use such programs or what ?

Can you show me something about your project ? Pictures about characters or about ships wich you want to insert in the game or anything...