Text color issues

DarthTofu

Okay, I know its not the end of the world and all, but its still kind of annoying. Every time I attempt to change my text color (Spaces on both sides of the command), rather than my text changing color I simply get the command. Say I wanted to write "Hi" in black. I would get " Hi I don't get why it won't work...

Edit: Okay, now its being really weird- the comand dissapeared, but the letters are still default :?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

DarthTofu wrote:

... Say I wanted to write "Hi" in black. I would get " Hi ...

That's because "black" isn't the same color as "aqua". :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you want to write hi (<- highlight) or hi? What type of browser do you use?

*Stares blankly at Scathane*

Browser? Umm, internet explorer? I just go up to the "Font color" selection and attempt to change it using the pull-down menu. For example, if I want to get red, but I don't seem to get red... Unless for some reason this works just because I'm on a school computer.

Edit: Okay, it doesn't show that I changed the color whenI type that, but it also doesn't show the command. Moy confusioso.

12/14/07

Tofu. I just had a look at your post and I think I know your problem.

The text you ant to have formatted has to be [tag]between[/tag] the tags. In your case, it isn't.

Some forums software supports just selecting the text and clicking the button or drop-down, and the tags will wrap around automatically. This one doesn't. You'll have to make sure the tags are in place.

Then it works just fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

OOOOH! I see what I should be doing! Thanks, Fishface. I suddenly feel kinda dumb for not realizing that before hand.

you have my thanks

12/14/07

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scathane
*Stares blankly at Scathane*
Stares at Scathane Would have been enough, Tofu, we already know you do it blankly... :twisted::wink:

Final note of interest: selecting the text and then using any tag-button to have the selection 'bracketed' between the tag is, imho, not forum-software supported. I browse with Mozilla Firefox, and can't perform the action as outlined above... My guess is that it's browser related...