Should there be a full EaW site?

Evaders99

Should there be a full EaW site?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a full EaW site?

• Yes
    • No - waste of time

• SWR Staff - Executive
Should there be a full EaW site here? Would you use it? Do visit other EaW sites? How would we fulfill your needs?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

:arrow: Yes - Yes - Yes ....finnally - My Force influence works - I'm happy :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I say, wait until the game is actually released before making such a decision! :idea:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

:arrow: Well Stellar_Magic you see from a point of view you are right from another rung.

Here are my arguments for such a site close-related to SWR.

1. EaW.... as far as it is from SWR is still the closest you can get to SWRebellion.

2. Existing EaW sites are not so great not so dinamic and lack the SWR magic. I am on all of them and I know - they have tones of popups and are not cool.... so there is still room for a new greater site and pure SW fan site. I think we the Rebellion hardcore fans are the most suited people to do such a site.

3. In the site-market it is always important to be the first and the best ... when the game will be released you will have 10 new EaW sites on the market starting then ... so its quite necesary to be the first before the offricial game release.....it will be a chaos then.

4. I will be every day online to help such a EaW site become the best EaW site. I do this from my love of Rebellion and with much hope and an open heart.

5. If we make a site we get to be posted as a news on the EaW Game Makers site with a link to the new site.

6. Etc....etc. Hey we can link the SWR and the SWEAW new site - so we can keep an eye on it - A link somewere here will be great.

- Me and my ideeas - now pls..... don't blast me to kingdom come - I was suggesting - and you know me - always the bold and alien in aproches to subjects.

I also have some suggestions for the site HTTP:

http://www.swempireatwar.com

http://www.sweaw.com .....etc

Edited by Cain

The idea is good but I really think we should wait for the game to come out before taking a deccision. i shall anyway vote YES. :wink:

Until the game's out and there is some more interest in it, I'd say nay.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest JediIgor

I'm only voting NO because I am a realist.

I suppose (and I'm just deliberating.. Evaders is the webmaster ;)) we could provide the hosting space and news accessibility to those who wanted to run an EaW site, but in my opinion I wouldn't want existing SWR people to be moved away to a site that will probably not be as long lived as SWR.

But I'm sure Evaders would be glad if someone came to him and said he would do the whole thing himself or find [other[ people to help him.

Cain, you seem to be interested, we wouldn't mind if you ran the whole EaW thing, just be warned that it might have as short a fuse as KOTOR.

Edited by JediIgor

Yeah, I'd say wait until the game comes out before doing anything else - the area for EaW is enough for now.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

:arrow: Gentelmen - I do not want to run the EaW site for my own ego - glory -or something else - Who am I to desirve such a thing ?! - No'r do I desired to split or destroy the SWR community - That's why I suggested the two sites to be very close and have a big LINK directing from one to another and viceversa.

:arrow: Without the Reloaded team and the rest of the SWR members and admin the EaW site will be nothing - they are the real magic about I was talking.

:arrow: If we - start a SWEaW site as a sister to SWR - it will be on stand by until release - I will only search news and post it - make debates and do as usual - I just hope that you guys will keep and eye on it and help as you can. I really need a good speaking englishman to help.

:arrow: If we make a site with the release we will be only a voice in the crowd - and I really belive that EaW's life will be longer in terms of site than KOTOR.

- I know that EaW is far from Rebellion in your opinions but I know that our efforts combined will makeit be as close it can get to Rebellion Magic.

- Personally I have 3 plans :

1. Help a future SWR made - EaW site.

2. Help finish all the remaining Reloaded cards and convince the team to release a beta before the EaW's release - to actually capitalize on the EaW's anticipation to ....it will be hard to convince them I know - but I will try anyway.

3. Clear my name since I never wanted anything bad to anyone here - I respect all of you and love SWR - all my past errors were just that - errors and miscomunication due to bad speling concept phrase translations....etc.

Guest JediIgor
:arrow: Gentelmen - I do not want to run the EaW site for my own ego - glory -or something else - Who am I to desirve such a thing ?! - No'r do I desired to split or destroy the SWR community - That's why I suggested the two sites to be very close and have a big LINK directing from one to another and viceversa.

If you're not going to do it, why do you think we will? If we had time to do that don't you think we'd have updates our design a LONG time ago? :).

:arrow: Without the Reloaded team and the rest of the SWR members and admin the EaW site will be nothing - they are the real magic about I was talking.

I'll leave this for the Reloaded team to answer, heh, but I think you missed something when we suggested the EaW site would be a part of SWR (hence the forums would be the same ;)).

:arrow: If we - start a SWEaW site as a sister to SWR - it will be on stand by until release - I will only search news and post it - make debates and do as usual - I just hope that you guys will keep and eye on it and help as you can. I really need a good speaking englishman to help.

You'd only post news? Hurray, posting news is hard, how about adding content, previews, and FAQs? Hmm.. ;)

:arrow: If we make a site with the release we will be only a voice in the crowd - and I really belive that EaW's life will be longer in terms of site than KOTOR.

Yep, that's true, better think about if you want to help us now or never :).

- I know that EaW is far from Rebellion in your opinions but I know that our efforts combined will makeit be as close it can get to Rebellion Magic.

Uh.. I doubt the game's really up to us, we can make the community have some magic (as long as we don't get a bunch of stupid fanboys at this site if we launch an EaW fansite) though.

- Personally I have 3 plans :

1. Help a future SWR made - EaW site.

2. Help finish all the remaining Reloaded cards and convince the team to release a beta before the EaW's release - to actually capitalize on the EaW's anticipation to ....it will be hard to convince them I know - but I will try anyway.

3. Clear my name since I never wanted anything bad to anyone here - I respect all of you and love SWR - all my past errors were just that - errors and miscomunication due to bad speling concept phrase translations....etc.

1. Then contact Evaders and I if you are serious.

2. Haven't you seen the news? That was just a sneak peek, ;).

3. You're not a native English speaker?

3. You're not a native English speaker?

Yes - I am not - I thought this is quite obvious - anyway there is more to my words that I can expres. For example - I will post all there is to post about EaW - but my skills not allow me to actualy build a site or program it.

My push for a EaW site via SWR is more related to my afinities with SWR and vision of the future - at the moment I seem to be the only one who sees such a bright future for EaW - I have long ago forseen the creation of such a game - mostly when I had meditated upon Reloaded future - Evaders to seem to see something about EaW but is unknown to me what exactly he anticipates. We still have time to create a powerful and well made EaW site - if we made it after EaW's release we will have to much competition. If we made it before be may discurage the competition even to appear. I am not the only one seeing this there are around 3-4 EaW's fan sites already.

As for Reloaded - I have some ship cards they may need. I have the last version of reloaded and I have seen what cards are missing - (*I have downloaded them all from Jahled Depo) - anyway I also seem to understand that they cannot make the AI behave in the way they want (*Building and useing of ships) - this can be done with but it requires 4-6 days of testing - the AI spy program - and masive modification of the stats - in order to make him build stuff corectly and when you want it to be build.

As for the forum I was refering to the members only - I am sent form the team to Evaders and from Evaders to the team - very confusing.

Anyway - I'm getting tired - If you guys need me in the future for whatever you need - just call me and I will be there.

Guest JediIgor

Yes - I am not - I thought this is quite obvious - anyway there is more to my words that I can expres. For example - I will post all there is to post about EaW - but my skills not allow me to actualy build a site or program it.

No, it's not.. there are lots of stupid english-speaking people with poor english skills, I'm glad to know you're not one of them.

My push for a EaW site via SWR is more related to my afinities with SWR and vision of the future - at the moment I seem to be the only one who sees such a bright future for EaW - I have long ago forseen the creation of such a game - mostly when I had meditated upon Reloaded future - Evaders to seem to see something about EaW but is unknown to me what exactly he anticipates. We still have time to create a powerful and well made EaW site - if we made it after EaW's release we will have to much competition. If we made it before be may discurage the competition even to appear. I am not the only one seeing this there are around 3-4 EaW's fan sites already.

Build and they will come. Interpret this for yourself.

Anyway - I'm getting tired - If you guys need me in the future for whatever you need - just call me and I will be there.

Actually we'd prefer it if you volunteered your services to us instead, we don't have time to be chasing around "possibilities" when there are so many "realities" (like redesigning the site) we already have.

I understand and I want to build.

Lets do it this way - I build the EaW subforum here - with infos and stuff (*I need Moderator powers on that subforum) and I also need a way to acces my old SWR webspace to host images and stuff about EaW.

When this will be ready we will clone the SWR and make a sister site EaW .... It remains to be seen - as I said I have no building&programing sites skills....but I'm ready to be every day on a SWR - EaW site to help....only if that site is made by SWR people.....gtg now....let me know what you sugest for the start.

Guest JediIgor

Great, get in touch with me and Evaders please :).

If anyone else is interested in helping us build another strategy site (we want to have content for probably all SW strategies, which means FC and GB too), or wants to help us with the "renovations" and upgrades, remember you can always post it here or PM me/Evaders..

After all, having you guys contribute to us more than ideas is even better :).

• SWR Staff - Executive
There's some yes, some no, maybe saying wait. Thus it won't be a priority issue right now

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

eaw.swrebellion.com - the clone of SWR should go foward - I have disscused some issues with JediIgor and I belive we should be ready until the May of this year.

I will make a plan of operations and send it to you two for assesment.