Awakening of the rebellion2 mod

Gorefiend

I think u know the game empire at war with the add on force of corruption...

For this game, a MOD was created --> Awakening of the rebellion2

The first part was quiet good, but this version becomes the feeling of the good old rebellion...

It is based on Empire at war, so u have ur galaxy in front of u, and can battle in space and land... lots of caracters, lots of different ships...

the only thing... its in german!

but take a look...

Trailer: http://www.smg-modding.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4504

HP:www.smg-modding.com

• SWR Staff - Executive

I edited your subject to be more appropriate and moved it into the correct section.

While our members have various opinions, most of us here would say that Empire at War does not live up to be a Rebellion sequel. Not to say it is a bad game, but it doesn't not have the same depth and complexity as Rebellion.

For that reason, we leave a Rebellion 2 ideas forum open - to see what our members would want and to encourage a true Rebellion sequel product to be made (whether by the open community or even LucasArts, though we doubt LucasArts would ever do it)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

They haven't even done a follow up to the Tie Fighter series in a decade... so I'll hold my breathe on Rebellion 2.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Well... i said Awakening of the rebellion would be the best representer of rebellion, not empire at war... there are lots of differences...

galaxy is seperated in sectors

@budious, differente classes of fighters, a,b,e,x,y as usuall, and z95, t wing, cloakshape, toskanfighter, supafighter, r41 starchaser, v wing, mytil,

Tie claw, tie droid, tie phantom, tie mk2, tie scout, gunboat, tie scimitar, tie novic, tie bomber novic, ... and other pirate fighters...

read the forum i sent to you... i cant subscribe the capital ships it takes me too long here ;)

liberator, assault frigate, harrow, ...

characters have there specialities, spionage... and most of them are fighting in battles... like piett as a SSD, thrawn as a SD2(more powerfull, i like him :) ), veers ATAT...

Kampagne are seperated in episode 4 to 6 and from 6-.. (new republic).

There are several main events... if u take coruscant as rebel... lots of u would get back the feeling of the old rebellion, if u see the sequence! :)

or if u take bespin...

there is more complexity in AofR2 than in Rebellion... because the galaxy is tremendous, and u have to fight a battle on land, what wasnt available in rebellion... of course u can auto the battle... but u will not ;)

by the way... this mod was made from a rebellion fan!

ah, one more thing... 3 fractions --> pirates!

• SWR Staff - Executive
Tell me when they implement diplomacy in Empire at War's engine :)

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

That looks like a nice idea. Is there any gallery where you can see some pics of the new added ships and characters? Just browsed through the forum and haven´t found anything. But to be honest I´m just a bit too lazy right now. 8)
Who cares at all?! :roll:

I didnt find any description of all the ships and characters. But there are lots more than in empire at war or rebellion ;)

Best thing would be u download the trailer... so u can see the gameplay and can descide if u want to play it!

http://www.smg-modding.com/ftp/AotR2/TRAILER.divx

just a few pics of the units:

http://www.smg-modding.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2465

http://www.smg-modding.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4849

Yes, that´s what I meant.

Really nice pics. I like that New Republic SD. :D

I dunno, but these pics in the first thread are very dark. You can just see their lights. :? And I´ve just watched the trailer, but there was nothing which reminded me of Rebellion. Except the old Rebellion movies in it of course. ;) It was still looking a lot like EAW. But maybe there will be a newer trailer soon.

All in all that mod looks really good. Thumbs up!

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Hehe yes, i like them too, and also the MC80a and b .) hr

I think u cant make the battles in space better than in this mod! It looks so realistic! I think u dont see it in the trailer... but the towers on the SD,2,SSD, venator and more, are moving while they are shooting!!!

I think... until rebellion2(Prey it will come) gets not developed, awakening of the rebellion comes the nearest to it!

@evaders99 I already asked to combine democracy in it :) But it will take a time

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think u cant make the battles in space better than in this mod!

I like Warlords for Homeworld 2 better but that's just my preference ;)

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

• 4 months later...
ive played that mod (with the help of that guy who posted the english version) and found it to be very fun execpt the grammer was messed up and the ships names were spelled like gerkfjdsflsd fjdskfjdsklfjs becuase the english text file didnt translate them

• 3 weeks later...
ive played that mod (with the help of that guy who posted the english version) and found it to be very fun execpt the grammer was messed up and the ships names were spelled like gerkfjdsflsd fjdskfjdsklfjs becuase the english text file didnt translate them

Grammer you say?

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

• 1 month later...
Its actually a really good mod, its far far better than empire at war, the only thing i disliked was i couldnt get a damn death star! I think on of the really cool things is that the rebels can actually turn into the republic, it is however abit daft that flaming yoda and obi wan wont die!

• 3 months later...

I tried the AotR 2.05

When comparing it to SWRebellion, the most differing things for me are:

- fleets fly so fast between stars systems

- heroes, they re-spawn. It was more realistic, when someone was dead, he/she was dead.

- mission system - no diplomacy, no counter-espionage, etc. it's kinda tragic... :)

- it seems worse fleet database, ground units, etc., or maybe it is somewhere there, i haven't just found it yet.

I applied some additional changes to AotR, there were in XML files variables "hyperspace_speed_factor" I changed them from 0.07 to 0.0035, Twenty times less. Now, there is time to strategically plan galactic conquest. I may change it to a bit faster velocities, but for now, it looks similar to SWRebellion. This would be remedy for the first difference. And for me, that's huge!!! difference

I think about making re-spawn of heros to making them mortal. That would require re-balancing of the game maybe, but would feel more "real"

There are indeed diplomacy missions for Bail Organa. They are more like planned events. And he seems to die each time??! Then re-spawn.

Anyway, I know almost nothing about modding SW EAW/FOC.

But overall, there may be hope for this game through mods like AotR, just needs much more work.

I checked more info on EAW/FOC editing.

There are many tools to mod the game and reading events scripting from FOC map editor from Petroglyph, I think it may be possible to make a game quite similar to Rebellion. There is possibility to declare integer flags and by events increment their values. This gives possibility to declare planetary properties and in game modify them.

It is possible to make Heros not coming back.

About diplomacy, present AotR 2.05 system uses R2D2_Slicer ability. It's quite far from what we have in Rebellion. I was thinking about doing diplomacy only based on events, that would modify these newly declared flags - let's call it Rebellion support property. Each diplomacy event would increment the property value + or - , depending on Rebels or Empire is doing diplomacy. This would respawn the Hero, after some time in game. I wonder if the respawn can be done on that planet where diplomacy was done, it might be possible. Now, there is event trigger assigning a planet to a faction, that can be triggered/tested by the value of the flag.

Such net of events would have to be created for the whole galaxy. I still need to read more about events, what triggers them and other, but it seems possible to do it.

Not easy, but possible.