Strange and stupid question

DarthTofu

If you instal Forces of Corruption and Empire at War on your computer and put the EaW disk in, can you still play the Forces of Corruption expansion pack? Also, will it work the other way (IE: You can play EaW with only the Forces of Corruption disk in the drive if both are installed)

I have a friend who bought Empire at War in the Best of PC set, and I proposed that if he let me borrow the game to instal it, I'd buy Forces of Corruption, and hopefully we could both use the expansion pack and the game, all for the price of only buying one game each. Will it work?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It could be that you just can play EaW with the EaW-CD but not Forces of Corruption. But otherwise you can play both with the Addon-CD. At least I guess so, because that was the case with the old AoE Addon. Don´t know if it´s possible to compare both. You just have to give it a try. ;)
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Damn... Ah well, I have $75 in Christmas money to spend- I suppose I'll buy "Best of PC" like my friend did since it's the same price as EaW, then I'll just get the one copy of Forces of Corruption.

12/14/07

no, i have both games, and if you try to load EAW with the FoC disk, it asks you to insert the EAW disk

Okay, so now that I've bought both of the games it turns out that my initial assumption was indeed correct- if you instal EaW you can then just play FoC on the FoC disk, but you can't play under the EaW software on teh intraweb. Haven't tried it out yet beyond the first tutorial (Which I discovered I'd already done in the demo, but why not?) but I hope to get some more play time in come Monday or so.

12/14/07

Meh, go here Tofu, Lots of good mods.

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/

This is so stupid... and yet, so awesome....

So, things that I like about it: The SSD is HUGE!

You can sacrifice your space station to take out several freightors and fighters and the like if you have no defense fleets.

The ground-based combat and the build sites. You can effectively hold a planet using nothing but the indigenous people.

Things I don't like: How stupid the AI is when it commands your forces (Going against a Correllian Corvette with a massive fleet and I lose two ships. What gives?)

The constant assaults on your systems if you don't leave a fleet above them- it gets rather annoying after a while.

The Zann Consortium in general... Haven't played as them much, but they're rather annoying.

The general speed with which forces move- what happened to the several-day-long transits and the figure-it-out-with-math-assimilate-a-huge-fleet-all-in-one-location-from-the-

far-corners-of-the-galaxy methods of Rebellion?

You can't tell what the attacking or defending forces of the other faction consist of. Annoys that crap out of me when I thought I was facing maybe a squad of speeders and wind up losing the planet to ten thousand soldiers.

All in all, though, the game has enough stuff that I like but didn't mention to keep me very happy... As soon as I finish conquering the galaxy I plan to challenge a friend who bought the game at about the same time as me.

12/14/07