EAW Demo: Warlord "Zaarin" - Total Mod Expansion

Cain

EAW: WMTE - Full - Total Mod total Expansion

Added in Warlord - Total Mod Expansion:

- You can play with the alliance (standard mode/full tech&credits mode)

- You can play with the empire (standard mode/full tech&credits mode)

- You still can play as a third faction (Zarrin)

- Space maps that spawn Nebulon firgates were removed

- Fixes to 3 planets that were misssing GUI texture

- Fixes to fighters movement

- Fixes AT-AT firepower normal against troops

- Many space battles crashes removed (if you spot any PM me)

- Fixes missing space stations in actual 3D battle

- All existing heroes are in.

Added in "Zaarin" 1.3:

-You are able to build imperial buildings and defenses.

-Troops (human) scale and mobility has been improved towards realism.

-Known crashes removed.

-You are able to call down reinforcements when the planet is allowing it.

-Use your bombing runs carefully.

-Use your ground troops carefully since they are your loyal troops and the only ones who followed you in this private rebellion.

General aspects of the Mod:

-This mod is designed to be hard, challenging and fun and you start with only one planet - expanding from that one.

-Play the game as a third faction that has followed the Admiral Zarrin in his revolt against the Empire.

-Adds all existing heroes and you will have to face them all in battle. (*Kyle_Katarn, Han_Solo, Sundered_Heart, Home_One, Mon_Mothma, Piett, Mara_Jade, Grand_Moff_Tarkin, Boba_Fett, General_Veers.)

-Your action as an admiral to turn against the empire has offered you enough support from the imperial fleet at Corellia and the main space station and shipyards in that system - this will allow you to build all the imp ships and buildings.

-This uprising has created chaos in the galaxy and many rebel or imperial troops will decide to join your army in battle (*you never know)

-Tarkin and his armada is after you and you will not be a friend of the rebellion too.

-See how the galactic civil war is evolving right before your eyes and how the rebel AI battle the imperial AI as you can stop them defeating the Rebels and the Palpatine's Imps and rule the galaxy for your self.

-Your ground troops will be limited on what you start with - this is more of an imperial fleet rebellion.

-New* Be able to retreat your forces from space battles or land battles.

-New* The scale of the troops and fighters has been corrected to a more acceptable size as well as their speeds.

-New* The other factions AI will partially ignore you if you not upset them.

-New* Unit speeds have been modded towards a bit more SW movie realism.

-New* 22 planets have been enabled (*but only on with the few maps that are available in the demo)

-New* trade routes have been added.

Etc.

Enjoy - Cain (*Please also give credit to NMA Nevada Modding Association http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?board=23.0

PS. Full play may still be required in case of bugs pls. report them to me via PM.

Edit:

WMTE (Warlord Mod Total Expansion) - 0.1 Fix

- Removes the snowspeeder (model has problems/missingfromdemo? and crashes the game)

Downloads:

WMTE Mod

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;attach=367

WTME Fix 0.1

-Snowspeeder crash fix

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;attach=380

Known issues:

-Some space stations were impossible to destroy. A level 1 shield backup has been added that will activate it self after the last hardpoint is destroyed. Then you can attack this respawned shield and the space station will blow up eventually.

-The retreat is hardcoded for the empire and rebel factions (*for Zaarin works) use the swmod.exe from Chriz mod to make (second mod here in the topic list) http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=1955.0 it works if you desire retreat when playing imps or rebs

Pls. report any issues so I can fix them. Thx

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

"Zaarin" 1.31 Bugs

Bug 1: Playing rebels with high tech and credit start - Hoth has 6 planetary structures, selling the structures reduces the total number of available structure build areas to 4.

Bug 2: Playing rebels with high tech and credit start - Hoth's space station cannot be upgraded past Level 3.

Bug 3: Playing rebels with high tech and credit start - Empire controlled systems with level 2 space stations will spawn tartan cruisers that when destroyed are not removed from the screen. The model is froze in place of destruction. Graphical error only, does not affect gameplay.

Bug 4: Naboo appears to have it's own land battle map. Upon defeating the units garrisoned on the planet and returning to the galactic view, the planet remains in imperial control. Strangely enough I sent overwhelming number of ground assault units, I won easily. Once back in galactic mode all my units were gone, and one AT-AA unit was garrisoned on the planet. The world cannot be conquered. However, if it is fixable, would it be possible to use this map on more worlds, tattooine map is getting boring.

And tonight's game finally ended with something unknown causing an exception error while I was in galactic view.

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Hold on- do you mean to tell me that this mod essentially lets you play the entire game with a few bugs free of charge? 8O Clicks the download button repeatedly waiting for something to happen!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hold on- do you mean to tell me that this mod essentially lets you play the entire game with a few bugs free of charge? 8O Clicks the download button repeatedly waiting for something to happen!

LOL... yeah pretty much. I'm just reporting the bugs because Cain requested that we do so... I recognize the fact some may be beyond his ability to fix.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

:arrow: Thanks - I appreciate it.

:arrow: They are all fixable bugs. Useing scraps from Bryant's mod gived me some errors like you mention. But they can be all fixed :)

:arrow: The Tartan didn't do that initially - so it must be something new. A quick compare may explain why it has that glich.

:arrow: As for the planets - its simple - but if Naboo does that it is because the planet map has his own specifications will see what can be done.

:arrow: Modding EAW is simple as long as you think schematic and link changes in one .xml with changes needed in other. I know that petro was a bit surprised with the new faction thing, mike like it.

:arrow: I will try to fix what I can monday and I appreciate any help of any kind since its time consuming to do it all alone.

:arrow: budious I will add you in the mod's credits and you can join "the team" if you wish :)

:arrow: Lemme know if you discover more problems.

Heya , LOVE the mod, thanks for giving me something to play over the weekend lol!

Questions:

-I hate the "no ability to call in reinforcments" thing, dont know if its a bug or not, but it makes taking a planet almost impossible when ya can only call in 1 squad of regular troops, or even 1 single at-at. dunno if its supposed to be like that, but thats the only thing wrong.

-3rd side heroes, possible? prolly not in demo, maybe in retail eh? =)

Nice mod, makes the demo fun.

-loyal fan +2 ! =P

Sorry Tofu, but it is far from unlocking the entire game. Every planet has the same map, only a handful of heroes are unlocked, and some models and abilitys are missing.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

:arrow: budious I will add you in the mod's credits and you can join "the team" if you wish :)

:arrow: Lemme know if you discover more problems.

I like the game, and your mod seems to be one of the better ones. I don't mind play testing when I have the spare time, but got a lot going on at the moment.

"Zaarin" 2.0 Bugs

January 29th List

1. Tartan Cruiser not fixed yet.

2. Pirate Base Facility is missing textures.

2a. Mine facilities missing textures. Is it possible to map textures from other structures to these objects?

3. Playing as Imperials Recommended, land battle at Abregado Rae. The system cannot be captured. I used an Imperial assualt force of General Veers AT-AT and 3 Stormtrooper units to capture planet. After which, the planet shows General Veers unit icon on planet surface, yet planet remains in control Rebels. Looking at the planet status General Veers and my 3 Storm Troopers have disappeared and 1 Rebel Infiltrator unit has appeared. Affects gameplay (major) (unconquerable)

4. Playing as Imperials Recommended, space battle at Sullust. The rebel space station level 3 guarding the system. Used Piett's ISD beam weapon on the station shield generator. A piece of debris was show floating away from the shield generator section, yet the station remained intact, and the shield generator icon remained at 100%. The shield generator icon could in fact still be targeted by ships, and no damage could be inflicted. Graphical error and does affect gameplay (minor). Other target points seem unaffected by bug and could be destroyed. May have some relation to the Tartan Cruiser problem.

4a. Appears to affect all space stations level 3. First shield generator can be destoryed. Second appears and cannot be destroyed.

4b. Bug is not present in Rebels Hard, Imperials Hard. Updated January 30th

5. Playing as Imperials Recommended, land battle at Sullust. Planet appears to use a land other than Tattooine. Rebel facilities and troop units belonging to the opposing side are given to my side upon loading the battle. (ie. Rebel troop unit appears as green dot on map, and I have full control over it). The light and heavy armor units were not given to my control and eventually retreated. The planet was captured and control passed to empire. (conquerable)

5a. Appears to be same case at Naboo. Appears to only give command of rebel troop units to imperials at reinforcement points. Troops and Armor units in Rebel stronghold remain on opposition, but all turrets and structures are given to Imperial control. Rebel forces are immediately in fire fight in their own stronghold with their own turrets/structures, etc.

6. Playing as Imperials Recommended, space battle at Dagobah. Planet appears to use a space map other than Vergesso Asteriods. Fighter units of Z-95's, Y-Wing's and a Neb-B frigate are spawned on the map and control given to imperial force.

7. Playing as Imperials Recommended, land battle at Dagobah. The turret in north middle center behind barrier has control passed to imperial forces upon ground invasion. The system cannot be captured. I used an Imperial assualt force of 3 AT-ST and 3 Stormtrooper units to capture planet. After which, the planet shows AT-ST unit icon on planet surface, yet planet remains in control Rebels. Looking at the planet status my all Storm Troopers and AT-ST's have disappeared and 1 Rebel Infiltrator unit has appeared. Affects gameplay (major) (unconquerable)

8. Playing as Imperials Recommended (tech 5 start). Appears that space stations above level 3 cannot be built in demo. Not possible to build any new capital ships, etc. (major) (priority fix)

8a. Appears all the XML folders are broke. Demo build restrictions seem to be enforced. Space stations limited to level 3 in all systems.

8b. When playing full tech the empire has a maximum tech level of 5 while the rebels have a full tech level of 6.

8c. When playing Imperials Hard, appears that the upgrade to tech level 3 research freezes at 99% in build cue. Appears all tech is capped at level 3 and does not allow for completion of tech upgrade. Updated January 30th

9. Playing as Imperials Recommended, the Piett character is placed at start as a ground garrison unit. However, this unit should be moved to fleet by default since it's technically a ship unit and gives the player and additional ISD in combat. Playing Bryant's mod for reference, I remember seeing two different Piett Icons, one is a character bonus, while the other is Piett's ISD with the bonus proton cannon attack. (minor)

9a. Character suggestion, if Palpatine can be made workable, in Bryant's mod I know it was feature, it may have since been removed. It would balance the production bonus that the rebels receive from Mon Mothma. Else remove her.

10. Snowspeeder raid mission needs to be removed again. Strangely, when I sent the unit on the raid mission, the land battle loaded. I was able to control the local inhabitants and raise hell but no snowspeeder unit was seen anywhere. Upon losing the battle, the game returned to galactic view, where the exception error occured post-battle versus pre-battle. Just odd.

January 30th List

11. Playing with Rebels Hard, space battle at Corellia. Pirate space fleets appear to have limited functionality with AI. (minor) (conquerable)

12. Playing with Imperials Hard, land battle at Corellia. Pirate land forces appear to have limited functionality with AI. All yellow dots were eliminated from the map but it remained unconquerable. (major) (unconquerable)

12a. Can be conquered by sending additional ground troops after such event and placing them without an additional land battle as planetary garrison.

13. Playing with Warlord. The game is completely unplayable. Simply loading the game and zooming onto the Corellia planet status screen causes an exception error at the beginning of the game. (major)

14. Use swmod.exe to have retreat option in space. Else you will stuck in a troop transport vs troop transport which is endless circles.

Edited by budious

Whenever I have a battle with the Mon Mothma Team I get an Exception that blacks out the screen and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it and End Task the game.

I think this is a great mod and unlocking the game has really shown how good it is.

New Version Released

WMTE 2.0 Mod - http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;attach=388

Whenever I have a battle with the Mon Mothma Team I get an Exception that blacks out the screen and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it and End Task the game.

I think this is a great mod and unlocking the game has really shown how good it is.

Are you playing the default XML files or which folder option did you copy / paste? I'm trying to confirm this, but my game seems to be working ok with Mon Mothma in space combat.

If you downloaded the links at top of this thread, those files are not current. The Mon Mothma error may have been fixed... but alot of new things may be broke... (ie. tech levels and some maps that worked in 1.31 are not in 2.0)

Thanks for the update. Now, when I have a space battle at Yavin 4 I get an exception. I'm playing as Rebels with full Techs and I had a Rebel Trooper unit in orbit and was attacked by an unknown Imperial Fleet. I know it's going to be much easier to fix once the full edition comes out, so I'm not in any terrible hurry and I don't want you to feel like I'm making any incredulous demands on you. Thanks for the mod, it really excites me for the real thing.

EDIT: Upon further investigation the problem occurs whenever I have land units in orbit around any planet.

Not to be demanding or anything but is there anyway to save game progress?

I believe the code related to save game and network support (multiplayer) are fully removed from the demo executeable. This will be available in the mod for the full version of the game.

:arrow: WMTE Mod has been updated to v3.0 - try that one.

[move] :o EAW: Warlord - 3.0 - Total Mod Expansion :o[/move]

Added in Warlord MTE v3.0

- Can now build VSDs, ISDs, MCs,

- Fixed problematic planets (lemme know if you spot new ones)

- Snowspeeders enabled with Y-Wings hulls (They are a nice ground support but I don't think they can cable tow)

- Zarrin can now build troops - so its easy to defeat the rebs and imps (but he still can invade with one at a time - lack of suitable transports for his revolt)

- Enabled the building of ground large turbolaser's defences.

- Fixed the space stations issues - you can now build up to level 5.

- A better structurated build tech queque

- Build queque icons fixed - they no longer show unbuildable structures or units.

- Ion Cannons enabled

- Retreat is still possible for both sides on land (Zarrin can do it in space too)

- New imp structures enabled.

(Lemme know if you spot buildings without model or any other issue. This mod build should be 99% stablie and very polished)

Added in Warlord MTE v2.0:

-Removed all known missing units.

-The C3PO droid is added back in the game/

-Fixed Bestine space map crash

-Added the land retreat ability for rebs and imps(*pure luck - hope it works on your demo too/maybe someone mods it for the space one too)

-Note: Zaarin still has both the space and land retreat ability.

-Gameplay research - New mod play mode recommended is now availeble.

-Tip: Play with the AI on low or medium if you don't want to loose miserably.

-Lokecd units&buildings icons are still visible but they are next to the same but enabled ones ;)

-Other small general fixes to fighters/ships build time/location and space station level required.

-Better shields to cap ships (Mon / ISD)

- You still can play as a third faction (Zaarin)

Added in "Zaarin" 1.3:

-Known crashes removed.

-Use your ground troops carefully since they are your loyal troops and the only ones who followed you in this private rebellion.

-This mod is designed to be hard, challenging and fun and you start with only one planet - expanding from that one.

-Play the game as a third faction that has followed the Admiral Zaarin in his revolt against the Empire.

-Adds all existing heroes and you will have to face them all in battle. (*Kyle_Katarn, Han_Solo, Sundered_Heart, Home_One, Mon_Mothma, Piett, Mara_Jade, Grand_Moff_Tarkin, Boba_Fett, General_Veers.)

-Your action as an admiral to turn against the empire has offered you enough support from the imperial fleet at Corellia and the main space station and shipyards in that system - this will allow you to build all the imp ships and buildings.

-This uprising has created chaos in the galaxy and many rebel or imperial troops will decide to join your army in battle (*you never know)

-Tarkin and his armada is after you and you will not be a friend of the rebellion too.

-See how the galactic civil war is evolving right before your eyes and how the rebel AI battle the imperial AI as you can stop them defeating the Rebels and the Palpatine's Imps and rule the galaxy for your self.

-Your ground troops will be limited on what you start with - this is more of an imperial fleet rebellion.

-New* The scale of the troops and fighters has been corrected to a more acceptable size as well as their speeds.

-New* 22 planets have been enabled (*but only on with the few maps that are available in the demo)

Etc.

Enjoy - Cain (*Please also give credit to NMA Nevada Modding Association http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?board=23.0

PS. Full play may still be required in case of bugs pls. report them to me in the offical topic:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2154.0

Download Link - WMTE 3.0 Mod:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;attach=394

Known issues:

-Some space stations were impossible to destroy. A level 1 shield backup has been added that will activate it self after the last hardpoint is destroyed. Then you can attack this respawned shield and the space station will blow up eventually. Lemme know if you spot any other truble.

-The space retreat seems still to be loked hardcoded for the empire and rebel factions (*for Zaarin works) use the swmod.exe from Chriz mod - it may to make (second mod here in the topic list) it work if you desire retreat when playing imps or rebs (Better - paste this mod over his)

:arrow: WMTE Mod has been updated to v3.0 - try that one.

:o EAW: Warlord - 3.0 - Total Mod Expansion :o

Added in Warlord MTE v3.0

- Can now build VSDs, ISDs, MCs,

- Fixed problematic planets (lemme know if you spot new ones)

- Snowspeeders enabled with Y-Wings hulls (They are a nice ground support but I don't think they can cable tow)

- Zarrin can now build troops - so its easy to defeat the rebs and imps (but he still can invade with one at a time - lack of suitable transports for his revolt)

- Enabled the building of ground large turbolaser's defences.

- Fixed the space stations issues - you can now build up to level 5.

- A better structurated build tech queque

- Build queque icons fixed - they no longer show unbuildable structures or units.

- Ion Cannons enabled

- Retreat is still possible for both sides on land (Zarrin can do it in space too)

- New imp structures enabled.

(Lemme know if you spot buildings without model or any other issue. This mod build should be 99% stablie and very polished)

Added in Warlord MTE v2.0:

-Removed all known missing units.

-The C3PO droid is added back in the game/

-Fixed Bestine space map crash

-Added the land retreat ability for rebs and imps(*pure luck - hope it works on your demo too/maybe someone mods it for the space one too)

-Note: Zaarin still has both the space and land retreat ability.

-Gameplay research - New mod play mode recommended is now availeble.

-Tip: Play with the AI on low or medium if you don't want to loose miserably.

-Lokecd units&buildings icons are still visible but they are next to the same but enabled ones ;)

-Other small general fixes to fighters/ships build time/location and space station level required.

-Better shields to cap ships (Mon / ISD)

- You still can play as a third faction (Zaarin)

Added in "Zaarin" 1.3:

-Known crashes removed.

-Play the game as a third faction that has followed the Admiral Zaarin in his revolt against the Empire.

Etc.

PS. Full play may still be required in case of bugs pls. report them to me in the offical topic:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2154.0

Download Link - WMTE 3.0 Mod:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;attach=394

Known issues:

-Some space stations were impossible to destroy. A level 1 shield backup has been added that will activate it self after the last hardpoint is destroyed. Then you can attack this respawned shield and the space station will blow up eventually. Lemme know if you spot any other truble.

-The space retreat seems still to be loked hardcoded for the empire and rebel factions (*for Zaarin works) use the swmod.exe from Chriz mod - it may to make (second mod here in the topic list) it work if you desire retreat when playing imps or rebs (Better - paste this mod over his)

Yes - thanks - I do need testers that can pin-point the bugs so I can go and fix them - or maybe they can be fixed by them - and then we are a team makeing the mod :)

Playing as Empire I cannot have a space battle over Corulag without getting an exception. BTW the 3.0 Mod is great!

Thanks - Now that I have enabled the space retreat - I have more time to fix bugs like that.