EAW Demo: Warlord "Zaarin" - Total Mod Expansion

Cain

Ok I must have missed something in installing the Mod because I have extracted the files from ver. 4.0 to EAWdemo/Gamedata/Data folder but when I go to run the game the demo does not pick up the Mod at all... I still only have the original demo options how to I know if the Mod has been installed correctly?
Mooninites Unite!!!

Ok ....

Select my XML folder - the folder / not only content - and copy it inside your data folder ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

hmmm.... no change... ok let's check this step by step... the folders I now have in my EAWdemo/Gamedata/data are as follows... Audio , Text , Warlord Expantion Mod (from the extracted 4.0 winzip) , and (the freshly copied XML mod folder along with the assorted files and docs that come with the original demo...

I aprreicaite the help again Cain...

Mooninites Unite!!!

I play with it everyday Cain, great job ! Thank you very much. Although the pirates units seem to surprisingly remain still both in space and on field.

Pierre,

Always up for a rebellion game,

Hardly waiting for a rebellion 2.

Is that Zaarin reinforcement bug fixed in 5.0 as well...? Other than that I must say a fabulous job of Modding Cain... any other Demo mod you recommend or is the Zaarin mod the best of the demo bunch (which really wouldn't surprise me)?
Mooninites Unite!!!

Will there be a tech 1 start option in v5.0? It seems all the folders of v4.0 are high tech starts.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

i agree, the your mod is CLEARLY the best, with galactic domination behind ya, love the mod, keep up the great ideas (the 3rd power) in the retail eh> :)

-#1 "zar mod tester" lol

Nitero

Is that Zaarin reinforcement bug fixed in 5.0 as well...? Other than that I must say a fabulous job of Modding Cain... any other Demo mod you recommend or is the Zaarin mod the best of the demo bunch (which really wouldn't surprise me)?

Yes indeed I have a quick fix - and I think I know how to fully fix it - but this will take more time.

As for tech 1 start. They don't seem to be able to do research ... so level 4 will do until I find a way to clone them the imp research.

You will also get Zaarin's comand ship. An ISD that has the ability to take on 2 ISDs and win.

I also find out that the game was never designed to have a third playable faction in the SP - nobody at played this before - I mean the devs.

Though looking at the code I get the feeling that they originally planned on having multiple non-playable factions. Bothans and Hutts for example.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

They planned but after discussin this with Brett the LEad Producer he told me that he never played it in 3 mode.

Btw WTME 5.0 is ready. and I'm starting a new topic here.

good job with 5.0, although i snagged a bug, galactic skirmish (space) mon motha vs the 1st available main skarrin space fleet, it happened in the tatoonie system, just keepin ya up to date, im runnin it on a winxp 64 system, so basically everything is unstable lol =P

-Nitero

K thx.

Pls try to report bugs in a more detailed manner so I can figure out a solution faster.

• 3 weeks later...