EAW discussion

DarthTofu

Discussion of the demo, essnetially our likes and dislikes of the game. I tried it out and the only thing that really annoyed me was A) The redundancy of commands and B) the fact that you can't elevate or lower ships in space combat... Mind you I'm only on the fifth tutorial, so I don't know everything yet, but so far it looks pretty kick A to me.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

LOL... you played the tutorials... I just went straight to the game, put it on hard, and figured it out enough to beat it in 20 minutes :P

My views on certain elements based on the modded demo gameplay (may not represent official game)

1) Galactic View and Economics - Some planets are higher economic value than other, ex. Coruscant with 8 mines has an output of 11,000+ credits a day... while other systems are to be held, but not nearly as valuable. Occupying a planet, or building a larger, higher tech level orbital station increases the galactic population cap.

2) Space Units and Combat - I assume not all the final ships are the game, where is my Super Star Destroyer? At first glance the limited attack fleet with additional ships as reinforcements seems stupid... but then you realize how laggy it all becomes... not because I have too many ships, but the defender is not capped? And the rebel planets have a ion cannon which makes an assault darn near impossible b/c all my ISD's are a drift, and reinforcements are not available unless are destroyed. ?

3) Ground Units and Combat - Defender is limited to 10 units of ground troops plus defenses (shield generator, large turrets)... while an attacker can establish an initial attack force of 10 units, but can essentially call down unlimited reinforcements. Preplaced turret implacements can be built upon by either side, and special characters can assume control of these facilities or capture enemy units.

4) Characters - The missions are available tasks that seem too bland. Boba Fett can neutralize an opposing character for a price only temporarily. Han Solo or Smuggler units can steal credits from enemy planets. Others provide economic or tactical bonuses.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

There are no SSDs ingame, but there is a mod with the Executor already modelled, and ready for implementation! :)

Budious, play the tutorials for and extra hour or so, lol.

Mara Jade can sabotage buildings in the full version, going from what I can see from files.

C3PO and R2D2 can steal tech for the rebels.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Chr0n1x/sig.gif

Lets hope the game is better and harder than the demo.Hopefully bug free,playing SP and the vergesso satroid station will not destroy i've reinstalled twice to no joy.Any ideas as i do not want to download again :cry:

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Wow... I played it on single player and was very pleased with my first campaign! Took me a couple of tries before I managed to conquer Tatooine (I didn't exactly know how to land troops the first time through :roll: Maybe I shouldn't have taken somebody's advice of skipping the tutorial :wink: ) anyway, I found it fairly challenging and fun. My first game took a few attempts, but the space battle was ridiculously easy :( I wanted to beat the crap out of Star Destroyer or two before getting my head handed to me on a silver platter and going back with more fighters!

By pure habit I stocked up on more Y wings (As if those would make bombings any faster :roll: ) and had to send in well over thirty troops to capture the planet, but I eventually succeded even after Fett killed Han... :( ...

12/14/07

The space battle was... well the whole official demo sucked. Get chr0n1x's mod and then dip your ISD's into this mess...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mmoldavan/images/crazy_eaw.jpg

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

8O *Jaw drops onto the floor* Will do! That thing looks frickin' awesome! At least as good if not better than the stuff that it had in the beginning! I wonder if we might be able to mod the higher-level ships and such into the game? It won't let you get them, but mayhaps an experianced modder can substitute some in :?: I'm a n00b at modding, so I wouldn't know...

12/14/07

All the ships are unlocked with chr0n1x's mod... but you can only play empire, hopefully he can put out something all rebel soon. Just got done beating his mod campaign for the first time... most of the time I get some sort of crash, but figured out if you minimize use of characters that prevents most of the mod crashes at this point. At the end it will give you some sort of rank, like "High Admiral" and three scores of "Combat Efficency" - 80% Space Victories - 100%, Ground Victories - 100% ...

:arrow: One question though - Why don't you try a mod that is more challenging ?

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=1955.0

EAW:WM - The Warlord Mod 1.2 "Zaarin" + Patch

You can play against both Rebels and Imps ...in the same game session ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Hmm... interesting, never saw that forum before.

I tried your EAW:WM - The Warlord Mod 1.2.1 "Zaarin" - could you please explain what the hell is going on! Am I rebs or imps, I can't really tell b/c everyone seems to have the same mix of ships, and why do I only get one planet with crappy income to start?

Going to try Bryant's 2.0 next...

I wish you guys stop puttiong out mods... I can't seem to get any real work done :P

Am I the only one bothered by the idea that some of the designers of this game are known for working on the Command and Conquer series?

Don't get me wrong, it was a blast when it first came out... but come on. Every single game they make is a clone of the previous one with renamed units.

Someone noticed the redundancy of commands... Seems to me some units have trouble following any commands at all. Sending my rebel infantry up against the AT-AT in the demo made me flashback to sending NOD infantry against a mammoth tank...

I really wish they would do a Rebellion 2.

Ah... 1.3 is great... thanks :)

Found one bug though, when playing rebels and sending the snowspeeder units on raiding missions an exception error occurs.

Yep

Fixed that too now -

Thank you

Lemme know if you find any more bugs. I suspect that they may be some planets that can't initiate the space combat.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

You guys need to try my mod... [ROR] A Taste of Rebellion, I've got a beta release out... and cain, if you don't try my mod I'll KILL YOU :lol:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke