Demo Out!

chr0n1x

• SWR Staff - Executive

I'm sure as soon as the first person gets a copy of the collector's edition, those bonus maps you could get from other players.

I haven't modded the game, but I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to get those maps. If they're smart, the developers should go and distribute the maps online for free - before the mod'ers do it themselves

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

So from what I can gather about this it's like the BattleFront series except you don't get the cool "Do it yourself" aspect? Instead you kind of just sit back? Sounds pretty lame... I think I'll go play diplomacy, which is on all accounts, a brilliant strategy board game, I recommend it to you all, but it does require 8 players and an assload of time.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

But I have to say WOW! you guys are being really hard on EAW, though I can understand why. Seems you all dislike it because it's not (rebellion 2).

I just need to say - Thanks. Yes ... they have been very hard on it and it always felt like I am fighting a battle for EAW. I always wondered if it will pay off one day. And it did SWR managed to add one of his old members in the EAW game credits (me) and the most important forums for EAW is hosted by the SWR server. This is a forum were we have 8-9 (all leads) developers registered in the open as members.

What can I say ... I hope that the SWR members that I admire and like very much will at least like EAW. I invested huge amounts of effort to influence the eaw development and I know many aspects were the PFF feedback make him decide to go for our way or at least close to it. We had two main persons were we supplied weekly our PFF feedback - the lead petro eaw programmer and the lead lec eaw producer.

At least I have the satisfaction that Cain has added his name (special thanks area) on a piece of SW history.

Still my name will never have been in the EAW's credits without SWR and Evaders, Stratus, JI , Mask , Trej , La-Forge, Stellar , Jahled and all the others. And for that I thank them.

Pierre try to search more if you want to get to the juice stuff - it may be right under your nose.

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=1955.0

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Yeah, the demo was definetly rushed, annoyingly so. Very annoyingly so. They completely glossed over large portions of the game, to the point I wonder just how much the battles in the demo are even going to be like the ones in the real game. Why you ask? Because if nothing else, I noticed something in the ground battles the AI definetly didn't exploit. The defender can cap reinforcement points and the mercenary building.

Other than that, I think the bombing runs are dramatatically overpowered. I'm hoping and praying the Anti-Air, when used effectively, will knock out some of those Y-wing's thunder. The only time the AI had an Anti-Air turret on the demo map, it was managing to shoot down two of the three Y-Wings(or so) on each pass till I killed the dang thing.

I'm also hoping that most of the maps aren't as small and pre-laid out as that. I have to admit, needing 'build pads' that are placed on the map to build turrets seems a bit annoying. A couple of times when I was taking out the AI base, I would take his build pads after wiping out the turrets, and build my own turrets to shred his own base with. Might be harder against a person, as I a person would probably put some effort into holding his pads, whereas the AI, like with the RPs, doesn't care.

And my father and I ordered two copies of the Collector's edition. Why you ask? For the same reason I got the Collector's edition of F.E.A.R. and Battlefront II. Collector's edition versions are generally DVD-ROMs instead of a pack of CDs. (Sidenote: Battlefront II came in one of those double-wide CD boxes that're designed to hold a whole stack of discs. It has a super tall spindle and walls around it to hold the disc in place. That's right. Disc. Singular. hehe.)