Empire at War = Reb 2

GenGinter

Who here will buy EAW?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who here will buy EAW?

• Who you kiddin? I already Got it Preordered!
    • I don't have it preordered yet but I will!
    • Yes I will buy it the day it comes out!
    • No, i'll stick to old school Rebellion!

DarthTofu wrote:

Adn that story would be...?

The young bull says to the older bull, "Hey, let's run over to the next pasture and have our way with a cow" (I'm trying to keep this clean, for the younger bulls, ... I mean viewers :) )

The older bull looks over at the younger bull and says, "How about we walk over to the other pasture and have our way with ALL the cows?" :lol:

Get it. Young whipper-snappers are brash, have no patience, make rash decisions and don't think things out :wink:

I'm guessing that this is a Texas thing... Look, man, you can 'have your way' with all the cows that you want- personally I'm a bit more selective... and underage... :evil:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
DarthTofu wrote:

... For me, it get's rather repetatively redunadant.

That's the difference between the younger and older generations. It reminds me of the story of the two bulls on the ranch (1 young & 1 old).

The problem isn't age, it's just that games nowadays have a repetitive cleaning-out process. It's not like the enemy can fall back and regroup just when you think they're down. Nope, it's more like the same old persistent enemy with a stupid AI that won't surrender. To have a good idea of what I'm talking about, play Rome: Total War. Then play Barbarian Invasion with the smaller map and you'll realize how the Siege System in Total War makes having more cities worse rather than better.

:arrow: Hello guys :)

:arrow: How are things going here ?

:arrow: Petro sent their official community representative as a full forum admin and active supporter of the community (On PFF).

:arrow: I must confess that I'm very proud and happy. In my entire life I never saw a developer so active and representing a game on a free-hosted forum. Much of this achievement lies also with the SWR and the excellent topics and feedback we got from you guys.

Here are some posts you may want to see ;)

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/search.php?search_author=Delphi-PG

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the links to the EaW forums. I just found out about this game a short time ago and am soaking up all of the info. that I can find about it. hopefully it will be a great game and not a dissapointment.

Chewbacca: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh

C-3PO: He made a fair move. Screaming about it can't help you.

Han Solo: Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.

C-3PO: But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.

Han Solo: That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that.

Chewbacca: Grrf.

C-3PO: I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win.

:arrow: Well in the last days I have started to get the imprssion that this game will be more like Warcraft 3 gameplay mixed with SWR strategy.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Well I guess that will be ok. Maybe not quite what everybody is hoping for but a good game nevetheless.

Chewbacca: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh

C-3PO: He made a fair move. Screaming about it can't help you.

Han Solo: Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.

C-3PO: But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.

Han Solo: That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that.

Chewbacca: Grrf.

C-3PO: I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win.

• 2 months later...

If after six years, there are still a bunch of players loosingly still playing and remembering EAW, then I guess EAW is like SWR.

But I doubt it. The unique intensity of SWR, coming from the outcomes of each decisions you take, the place of characters, is absent from EAW.

Pierre,

Always up for a rebellion game,

Hardly waiting for a rebellion 2.