Rebellion 2008: Remake of a new Source Engine.

Slocket

"Oh yes, tell your friends and spread the good word a new 3D real strategy space game is coming. "

That I can do!!!

I'm form a SW clan form Brasil, and here we have some players that will be very happy to know about this project.

And if you want some beta testers, you can count on me! My e-mail is zoe_cimf@hotmail.com

Also, I have made some medifications in the vanilla Rebellion with an Hexeditor... basically change some models... nothing very hard...I don't know if I can help you in some other way... also I made some modding in XWA.. and I belive the models from that game can be used in rebellion... There are some good models in the XWA Upgrade project, add me no msn or send me an email and we can talk, and thanks for doing this!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you want some beta testers, you can count on me! My e-mail is zoe_cimf@hotmail.com

Also, I have made some medifications in the vanilla Rebellion with an Hexeditor... basically change some models... nothing very hard...I don't know if I can help you in some other way... also I made some modding in XWA.. and I belive the models from that game can be used in rebellion... There are some good models in the XWA Upgrade project, add me no msn or send me an email and we can talk, and thanks for doing this!

I'd like to advise you not to post your e-mail on the open like that, if you don't want to be spammed to death :P

I know that models can be imported from XWA to Rebellion. However, this require some knowledge in re-modelling as the heights aren't the same. So if you can do that, by all means, there are some very great models for the XWA Upgrade Project that I'd love to see for rebellion.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6524/shuttles.th.png

Delta_DX9, Sentinel, Lambda

OK. the Sentinel was messed up, but the original is from SCIFI 3D website by Tom Grays, I only re-did the texture skin to fit into Game Studio to look better. It is working now perfect.

Delta_DX9 was listed from this site, I converted the .BIN skin into .BMP using Convert3 in Windows XP, then changed to and hack into a .JPG file. Then imported to Game Studio format. They look very nice in game. rename the .rmd file to a zip and unzip the files, read me original,

------------------------------------------------------------

Based on

Original model by Lucasart's X-Wing Alliance team

Conversion by

the MASK

Description:

Telgorn's Delta class DX-9 is a 20 meter long transport ship, that was used by

the Empire to move Stormtrooper detachments. Despite its size it is armed just

as well as a heavy assault fighter and can therefore be just as important during

capture operations, as the troops it carries.

This may not be the most complicated model ever made, but it kept me busy

nevertheless. When I tried to create the texture map with texporter as I did several

times before it simply would work. While looking for something completely different

I read about Lith's automatic uv-unwrapping tools and gave it a try. Then it was almost

a piece of cake.

Big thanks go out to Brad Bolthouse for writing this program !

---------------------------------------

Last a very nice Lambda model from Tom Grays at SCIFI 3D. I only changed light parameters to look sweet in GS8 engine.

Edited by Slocket

Yes, that is a Venator class ship up there. It is a neutral ship (precursor to the Star Destroyer class, due to the fall of the Old Republic). A ship that can be built by both sides according to cannon"?". It is an early ship, with advantage and disadvantages. Fast build in an early universe, but rather high maintenance cost to keep from spamming early in game. The Alliance only 'real capital ship' until the Mon Calamari MC40a. But as I say, anything can be modded to how a person wants to play the game.

In addition, there is a model for the Victory class Destroyer (the one with wings on its side) specialty is planet bombardment -plus rather cheap to make, dangerous in a wolf pack on the assault or homeland defense. Also show case is a simple model of a Imperator class destroyer, aka the "Imperial Star Destroyer". A true terror weapon offensive platform for planetary subjugation for those unruly colonies who get out of line.

ATR DX9 transport model is cool. It can perform not only planetary drop of troops, but uniquely capturing other capital ships. Cheap to make, but carries few troops and bit slow. Whereas the Sentinel and other can only perform ground assaults, the ATR can affect ship captures in space also. The Sentinel specializes more troop capacity and ground assaults (spec ops teams), an over grown Lambda shuttle, but lacks the luxury of the Lambda personnel transport. I am to make the game so that transport class is more important than it was in vanilla Rebellion. Troops, personnel and spec ops do not move magically behind the scenes. All things need their minimum ship class size to move them around the galaxy. Also important for economic trade between planets as a bonus (and a good target for raids if left unprotected). These are only ideas for now about their functions.

@CIMFZoe I am glad for your enthusiasm. It is good to know there are people out there still interested and willing to help test things.

Hey, ATR and Dx-9 are not the same thing :P

http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/StormtrooperTrans.html

http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/ATRTransport.html

:mrgreen:

May we request some models, if possible? I'd love to get the Corvette Marauder, which in my opinion, is more useful than the Blockade Runner!

Sure, I seen they had the Marauder model in the EAW project. model ending in ALO and an exporter to put in other engines. I would have to get permission and give credit for those. If you can find model from 3ds or .x format is good.

I am bit frustrated with the C-lite language Game Studio uses because there is too much hand holding making it hard to write a simple program. IE use their macro predefined functions or else. I wish there is an engine and language pure,

I think it is the Unreal engine and it is free. It uses C++ pure and has the capability to show the complex 3 D graphics.

I will struggle some more with C-lite Game Studio, but if I cannot code around their macros, then even with its nice engine 3D graphics, it is not going to work.

Jeez, your right, and I have it already on my hard drive. :roll: I need to take a look at it after converting it skin from .bin to .bmp. Tip for any one using Convert3 from the Model Exchange Tutorial, it only runs under Windows XP ( or 32 bits OS). I had to re-skin the Nebulon B frigate model somewhat and fix the textures, error occurred in conversion for some reason into .jpg skin. I am new at modeling. The updated model is looking good. I think these should be uploaded somewhere here for posterity.

They are low poly count models with a newer modern bigger high resolution skin 256 to 1024 added. They need more skin work but I am no artist, I can look and take photos off the web and place pictures on the skin. Low polygon because of the hundreds of models that may be shown at once; EAW limited how many you could display to twenty ?? due to graphics limitations back then. I do not want people to have to have a super computer to run the game. It is strategy first, graphics second.

Well, I am finding a way slowly to get around the "hand holding" code in lite-C. I like to make my own Macros so I know what is going on exactly in game. Another function it uses is "save_game". I like to do that myself, just that in object oriented languages, several functions are running at once "in parallel" so to speak(one at a time). I just need to make sure each function has meet its wait(1) statement end before saving the state of their arguments and data arrays. That is much more complicated than BASIC languages, but Object Oriented Languages are supposed to do things that make it much easier to code "within a person's lifetime" making it worth the trouble.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4808/maurader.th.png:http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5595/mauraderfire.th.png

Marauder Corvette ___________ Fire Turbos!

Showing off Dynamic Lighting coming off the hot turbo laser fire! A first for me to code..... :P

Now I just need to figure out how to place nice engine glow halos on the rear ends of the models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...