Rebellion Refurbished + Reloaded

Lord_La_forge

:arrow: As most of my task is finished in RR, I'm thinking about doing an upgrade mod for classic Rebellion. This would correct some mistakes found in it, and update lots of graphics (also picked from RR artwork) sounds and music. Updating the models is also a must. This would be a lightweight mod of some sort. Why? I like tho have Vader in Rebellion. That's the main motivation :)

Because of the AI, there should be 2 versions of the mod for each side, to make it harder with stat changes.

Before I start anything like this (only at the end of the year), I want to know what you people still playing Rebellion think of it, and what do you want to see changed.

I'm not playing Rebellion anymore (for the last 2 years) so I need some fresh thoughts.

-------------------

:arrow: Reloaded is still in beta status, we need droid animations, voices and movies to work on, but I think nobody is willing to take on these anymore, as these are pretty time consuming. I hope one day it will be finished aswell. (still recruiting fresh blood!!!)

If any staff members read this, I think we should only replace the imperial advisor, and leave r2 and the other droid in it.

The stats are up to our testers who played it, we need to organize the results, and update the cards to make it playable. I hope to get Budious's help with this.

More on Reloaded BETA: http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3905.html

Both RR could be finished for the anniversary (you know we have it next year!)

Comment or die :)

I'm only posting because I don't want to die, Forge... Don't kill me- I have too much to live for!

*Ahem* uh, right. It's been a while since I touched Rebellion, to be honest, (Scary that we can hang around a forum about the game and not have played it for so long... Outside Interests is just too interesting, I guess...) but one thing that I would appreciate would be to not give the enemy the leg up of having a huge presence in your HQ sector from the start of the game whenever you're on hard- IE You're the Empire and the Rebels have four planets in Sesswenna (Sp?) you have Coruscant, and the rest are neutral. Also, you have a Vic and a Dreadnought whilst the Rebs are armed with forty-five blockade runners. I'm all for harder AI, just harder in a different way- IE it would be harder to take out the enemy ships, but you'd be fighting them in different places depending upon your skill level, rather than always right close to home.

Then again, I'm not certain that can be done, thus, use your own discrepancy on it...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Though I also prefer the characters of the original trilogie, instead of some of these unknown guys to me, who were just mentioned elsewhere in a book, it would be awesome to have the newly textured ships in the original Rebellion. Thumbs up for that! :D
Who cares at all?! :roll:

:arrow: As most of my task is finished in RR, I'm thinking about doing an upgrade mod for classic Rebellion. This would correct some mistakes found in it, and update lots of graphics (also picked from RR artwork) sounds and music. Updating the models is also a must. This would be a lightweight mod of some sort. Why? I like to have Vader in Rebellion. That's the main motivation :)

Because of the AI, there should be 2 versions of the mod for each side, to make it harder with stat changes.

Before I start anything like this (only at the end of the year), I want to know what you people still playing Rebellion think of it, and what do you want to see changed.

I'm not playing Rebellion anymore (for the last 2 years) so I need some fresh thoughts.

Comment or die :)

Specifically, what "mistakes" are you talking about? If you could fix that bug when I get a message in regards to something on planet X and click on it, but instead go to planet Y; that would be great, but I think that's really a coding error, so ...

Otherwise, I'm already working on the "galaxy configuration" for you on this LLF. Let me know if you're interested.

PS I guess I don't die since I commented :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

The only things that really need replacing IMO are the bits of shoddy artwork that came with the original game, such as the event pics, the game interphase and most of the cards.

Nice idea LF! :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

... the game interphase and ...

Hey J, are you using one of those voice recognition systems to do your posts, or do you have a "special" version of the game?

interphase? ... interface ... :?

:wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

The only things that really need replacing IMO are the bits of shoddy artwork that came with the original game, such as the event pics, the game interphase and most of the cards.

Nice idea LF! :)

Exactly my point!

• 2 months later...

Jahled wrote:

Nice idea LF! Smile

As i told, i take care about the character cards. ;) I am done at 70%

"As most of my task is finished in RR, I'm thinking about doing an upgrade mod for classic Rebellion. This would correct some mistakes found in it, and update lots of graphics (also picked from RR artwork) sounds and music. Updating the models is also a must. This would be a lightweight mod of some sort. Why? I like tho have Vader in Rebellion. That's the main motivation"

Love the idea and hope this is still in your mind to complete. I have worked on it some myself just using resource hacker. I hope the plan continues on to fruition.

His mishappen head, lidless eyes and twisted, hunched back distanced him even further from what the Masters had wanted. It was obvious from the get-go that Exedore Formo would never be a warrior. But they did need a lawgiver…

Yes... I would like to see a mod that updated the graphics but left everything to default stats to keep the gameplay consistent with what I'm so used to. Did you choose "Refurbished" because I posted a "Refreshed" executable? I don't care if you use my title... I always start crap and never finish it anways :lol:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I would like to see a mod that updated the graphics but left everything to default stats to keep the gameplay consistent with what I'm so used to.

Budious, one thing i didn't like in the original game : an ISD 1 (300 shield with 15 recharge rate) is very weak compared to an ISD 2 (800 shield with 20 recharge rate).

I like in the Reloaded, that an ISD 1 have 800 shield with 30 recharge rate, and an ISD 2 have 850 shield with 35 recharge rate.

With an ISD 1 with 800 shield, i feel the power of this ship :)

Yes... I would like to see a mod that updated the graphics but left everything to default stats to keep the gameplay consistent with what I'm so used to. Did you choose "Refurbished" because I posted a "Refreshed" executable? I don't care if you use my title... I always start crap and never finish it anways :lol:

Dunno why I wrote that, but no :D

The future of Refurbished depends on my holiday boredom factor :D

I would like to see a mod that updated the graphics but left everything to default stats to keep the gameplay consistent with what I'm so used to.

Budious, one thing i didn't like in the original game : an ISD 1 (300 shield with 15 recharge rate) is very weak compared to an ISD 2 (800 shield with 20 recharge rate).

I like in the Reloaded, that an ISD 1 have 800 shield with 30 recharge rate, and an ISD 2 have 850 shield with 35 recharge rate.

With an ISD 1 with 800 shield, i feel the power of this ship :)

This was intended to show that the bridge shield flaw has been fixed on the ISDII generation :P

Imperials were tired of Al Qaeda X-Wing pilot flying into them.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Dunno why I wrote that, but no :D

The future of Refurbished depends on my holiday boredom factor :D

Given the original person of the vision of Reloaaded is quite frankly never here, it's hard to see anything fresh happening there.

This game has never failed to bore me to much, it's epic

We just need some crafty soul to hack the source code, and deliver us detail :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

This was intended to show that the bridge shield flaw has been fixed on the ISDII generation :P

Imperials were tired of Al Qaeda X-Wing pilot flying into them.

Maybe, but then why don't was set to have at least 600 shield an ISD 1 ?

Or 500 at least, then the upgrade to ISD 2 shield would be a +300 shield.

Is too easy to defeat an ISD 1 in the original game...

Well, the starting strength of the Imperial fleet is overpowering to start with. Unless you want to swap out the ship slots to spawn VSD and VSDII ships rather than ISD and VSD ships at the beginning, I would leave it alone myself.

• 3 years later...
  • 12 years later...