In Game Issues With RebEd v0.26

JMartin25

Hello haven't been here for awhile due to computer problems, recently I got a new computer (has vista) though at first when I reinstalled the game and the editor the ingame pics and the names of the character cards I used was changed to the names of the characters I had downloaded.

However after the computer wiped everything and I reinstalled everything, the new RebED refuses to change the names of the characters as well as the InGame pics.

Example I changed Jan Doddona to Baron Fel only when I try to play the game and I hope on it shows Jan Doddona and not Fel, same is true with the name as well unless I bring up the dictionary.

Also somehow even after I reinstalled the game a second time after the problem first occurred it saved my first saved game file even though I had removed everything.

Also a restore has done nothing to fix the problem either and I'm at my wits end over this.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

A vista problem perhaps?

Have you gone into the game files themselves using Resource Hacker and changied all the images manually, and the scripts? Time consuming I know, but RebEd was made a long time ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's encountering issues with the latest version of Windows.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Also (since you didn't mention it), did you do a FULL install of Rebellion? Did you read the README file for any mi-nute details that could cause problems or read any special instructions? :?
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Not much to add, but apart from removing EVERYTHING, doing a full reinstall of Rebellion (like Tex said), starting a brand new game (no previous saves) after making any changes in RebEd...I dunno.

Budious seems to be something of a Windows deity, maybe he could help with anything Vista-specific.

Resource Hacker would do it, but it would take forever to change out more than a few things.

Whatever you try, it's always a good idea to document it all so that you can be as detailed as possible when troubleshooting with someone else's help over the forums. (I know it's a huge pain, but though it's inefficient the folks here know as much about this as anybody).

Don't give up. I've come up against some nasty obstacles while trying to mod this game, but so far I've eventually gotten around them all, with a little help.

Check your installation directory NTFS properties that they are not set to "read only" and uncheck if necessary.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

LOL... did you use my x64 installer because that was a known issue that showed up in one of the last version posted before I got tired of working on it and let it die off... only reason I thought to suggest that :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy