Registry

Guest Perilous

Guest Perilous

Could someone please post the default registry info for a standard installation of Rebellion? My RegCleaner apparently mistook it for spyware or old data and removed it. I'd hate to have to reinstall with all the modifications I am currently using.

Thanks in advance.

Registry Cleaners are overrated. Don't install crap applications to start with and have no worries (puts registry cleaners into that "crap" category), anyways here it is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"GUID"="{8DEC0D67-DCF5-11d0-AFED-0020AF9D7C7E}"

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Can you name any advantages of using a registry cleaner? Or wait, there aren't any! Purging a few bytes of extra info is really worth the risk of deleting the wrong bytes that wreck havoc on your registry. It all comes down to risk assessment, I see the registry cleaner as a bigger risk than the risk it claims to mitigate.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Guest Perilous

And to a certain extent you are right, but it's a matter of personal opinion on the matter... And your opinion doesn't carry any more weight than anyone else's.

If your computer is bogged down to the point of having the choice of formatting and reinstalling then you may as well try a Register Cleaner because the worst that can happen is... you have to format and reinstall.

Well there is a world of difference between a spyware infested machine and a working install. My opinion resides in the world of the old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it."

budious, like I´ve just stated out, a registry-cleaner should only be handled by advanced users. Only than it can be sure that nothing will be removed which is important for other programs on your PC.

The advantages are fe that you can get rid of some files, which are useless and take away diskspace and slowing down your machine. With the CrapCleaner you are also able to deinstall programs and delete files which normally can´t be deleted by the functions of windows and thus very usefull in removing ad- and spyware. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history, without deleting any files which still are needed. It also helps you in finding errors and old entries in the system registry and much more.

But like perilous just stated out the use of these kind of cleaners are "a matter of personal opinion". ;)

BTW perilous, your name reminding me of

. :D
Who cares at all?! :roll: