Galaxy Configuration

DarthTex

If I had to choose, well yes of course, I'd go with-it, as it is the most documented and the only official and recent (2009) star wars group of maps.

There's the Mon Calamari/Centrality system (they were close on the map, so I chose to group 'em.)

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/MC-Centrality.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I've been working on another sector. The one that contains Yavin. This one's been a pain. According to TNEA (the new essential atlas, from now on...), it is situated in the Gordian reach. Problem #1: Yavin is about the only known/relevant planet in that sector. Problem #2, I needed to fit the Tion Cluster somewhere. Prob #2.5, there's about as much relevant planets in Tion Cluster as in Gordian reach.

So I took a lot of planet in those sectors and surrounding and named it the Yavin sector. However, when it was available, I named the systems by their sectorial name in the encyclopedia.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/YavinSector.jpg

• 1 year later...
Are these still active?

I'm wondering wether they could be multiplayer compatible... or not. :)

I still get requests for my galaxy about every blue moon or so, I can't say for any other's.

For multiplayer, as long as both players use the exact same files, this galaxy should work. :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 3 months later...
Is there pictures for the two missing sectors ( maybe a repeat question (dead links))? Corporate is one of them. That is four systems total I would like to look at. I am referring to the post with sector pictures of which is shows 16 of the 20 total. I finally found time to recode the whole project into XNA 4.0 and I want a starting point for sectors and planet names. I have it set to go to 300 but the initial 200 i good enough for now. I may as well put them in a configuration between yours and Phildevils. There are somewhat similar, thanks. :wink: always good work, even after a few years.

Thanks a million . By the way Quick Q for you plural. What is up with some of the fictional sector and planets? Does the Dolomar Sector exist and this planet Averam in Coruscant Sector (not Sesswenna). It seems Rebellion and other sources conflict.

Dolomar Sector

Balfron, Caprioril, Dolomar, Kamparas, Pantolomin, Phorliss and Wor Tandell. ???

Pantolomin has references to Dolomar but where is this sector?

Thanks a million . By the way Quick Q for you plural. What is up with some of the fictional sector and planets? Does the Dolomar Sector exist and this planet Averam in Coruscant Sector (not Sesswenna). It seems Rebellion and other sources conflict.

Dolomar Sector

Balfron, Caprioril, Dolomar, Kamparas, Pantolomin, Phorliss and Wor Tandell. ???

Pantolomin has references to Dolomar but where is this sector?

You might have to re-read this entire thread for some of the answers, but all try my best:

1) By the way Quick Q for you plural. <= Not sure what to make of that :wink:

2) What is up with some of the fictional sector and planets? <= It's the "Unknown Regions" so nobody knows what's there. So to make it "playable" I put in planets from other different sci-fi series/movies. Read the thread for details :D

3) Does the Dolomar Sector exist and this planet Averam in Coruscant Sector (not Sesswenna). It seems Rebellion and other sources conflict. <= The Dolomar sector does NOT exist in my playable galaxy, and Averam might be a left over from the original game or from an old "map" I used to have with systems near Coruscant. If you check Wookiepedia (Star Wars Rebellion) you'll find out most of the sectors/planets were all screwed up (especially by today's maps), but at that time who knows what they were thinking.

4) Pantolomin has references to Dolomar but where is this sector? <= Good question. Is there really a "Dolomar Sector" to begin with? See my answer above.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Thanks for the reply. The "you plural" or I could say "you all". English uses the same word for singular or referring to several objective pronouns. :wink: Q is for question. I meant the question can also be answered by the community in general who also may have been following this thread and have some insights to share. Sorry for the confusion. So much for slang. :oops:

I did port everything over to XNA 4.0 to what I had under Dark Basic. The basic GUI. I would assume the planets positions and maybe names should be randomize-able so you could have a different game every time, sort of like Master of Orion. (eventually I would like a remake of that game).

Of course most people will play from cannon material, others can change it to what they like. All planet data is in single text file and in ASCII form so it is human readable and can be edited with simple Wordpad text editor. One thing about the interface to make it very quick to open up sectors and planets all across the galaxy, I have found a 3D interface it too slow and too much mouse movement, so I stayed with the 2D interface nature of the original rebellion.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3308/insurrection12120300.png

Thanks for the reply. The "you plural" or I could say "you all". English uses the same word for singular or referring to several objective pronouns. :wink: Q is for question. I meant the question can also be answered by the community in general who also may have been following this thread and have some insights to share. Sorry for the confusion. So much for slang. :oops:

For an old poke like me, one man's slang is my foreign language (and probably vice-versa) :D

Keep up the good work on your project! I really like the sector/galaxy layout you have shown so far 8)

• 9 months later...
Saves on spam emails from bots finding addresses on a web page. If individual users have additional/alternate reasons they can share, but most people I know of stick to the email excuse.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Why do you need a PM to obtain this?

Because the necessary files aren't in the DOWNLOADS section of this website, and to get said files I need your e-mail address. You can put your e-mail out on the forums (and hope some spam bot doesn't find it, or someone else), or send me a PM with your e-mail so I can send you the files :wink:

Other than Gamemusic's request from last week, I still have three replies sitting in my outbox from as late as 2009 for requests for my New Galaxy Map. If you don't send me an e-mail, how do you expect to get the files sent to you? :roll: Also, if you never come back to the website, you'll never get it because I'm still waiting on you!! :x

• 4 months later...
Amazing job! I'm new here at the forum but I've been playing Rebellion since it came out! I always come back to it every couple of years :D The best SW strategy game so far! Your work in the galaxy map seems awesome can't ait to try it out. Have sent you a PM with my email and request :wink: