New to RebEd and it won't work..

shadyultima

So, a while back, on my old computer I had the Star Wars Rebellion Editor, and I just recently found my Rebellion disc, and decided to play it again. I found the new RebEd practically by accident and downloaded it. I installed both the game and the editor, booted up the editor, did some changing, and then opened Reb. Game crashed after I chose my side. Tried again, crashed again. Restored all settings, game works fine. I've been trying to figure out why the RebEd consistantly crashes my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

I've re-installed both Rebellion and Reb Ed, tried moving the program directories around, making shortcuts instead of direct links, tried turning off Read- Only (but the folders wouldn't allow that...) I have no idea why it's not working though.

• SWR Staff - Executive
You changed your settings.. so you'll need to figure out what you changed. Rebellion may only allow certain numbers... for example, maybe something can't be 0? You'd really have to play around with it, one by one, to determine the exact cause.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I've re-installed both Rebellion and Reb Ed, tried moving the program directories around, making shortcuts instead of direct links, tried turning off Read- Only (but the folders wouldn't allow that...) I have no idea why it's not working though.

Did you do the full install? This uses up more hard disk space for storage, but has all of the files neatly placed for access by both RebEd and Rebellion. Also, I believe there is a known bug of trying to look at new imported 3D models using RebEd, which causes it to crash. So, don't do that :wink: Good Luck!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Evader - Not quite sure wat you mean, if you could elaborate at all that would be appreciated.

Darth Tex - I did the maximum install, and I copied all files off the disc into the folder. Other then that, I haven't imported new models at all.