Points System

c-rex

Alright when I have some more time on my hands tomorrow I'm going to try to work this out, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this before. I'm trying to come up with a fair and balanced system for non-character cards. I want to figure out maintence costs and construction costs based off a formula. For example:

Take the characteristics of an Alliance Fleet Regiment

Attack: 6

Defense: 3

Bomb. Defense: 5

Detection Rating: 15

Set it up as a fomula:

6a+3b+5c+15d=8 [Const Cost]

6a+3b+5c+15d=6 [Maint Cost]

Do the same for the other Troop Units and slap it into a polynomial solver. Try to get a,b,c, and d values. Then whenever I make a card I punch in the ratings I want and figure out what the fair costs should be. Of course this only really works if Lucas Arts used a formula.

If there is no governing formula my idea is to use some well known canon ships (Nebulon-B, ISD I, ISD II, CR-90, CGun, Carrack) and basing a formula off them by tweaking values as needed. Then I can apply this across the board by ratios. For example the cost of a Neb-B is 34 and the cost of an Alliance Fleet Regiment is 8, therefore the Neb-B costs 4.25 times a Fleet Regiment. So after I have a Neb-B pegged correctly I can set my fleet regiment based off it.

So what do you guys think?

I don't think it would be a good idea to cross compare categories, i.e. troops & ships. If you do work out some kind of "formula", do one for each category: troops, spec forces, facilities, fighters, capital ships, ...

At least that way you're comparing apples to apples, and not apples to oranges (normally I would say cacti and tumbleweeds, but that usually only works with cowboys :wink: )

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?