Rebed Problem

AdmiralToguroAni

Happy new year everyone! Its been a while since I made my last TC, and a lot of things have changed in the text RPG that its based on. In short, I need more characters and ships. I got a new computer for Christmas and I moved my game files over to the new computer. I downloaded Rebed from this site to begin working on the changes, but I ran into a problem! I launch the newly installed Rebed.exe (v.26) and it says "Rebellion not found. Bailing out", and closes. I copied and pasted Rebellion in its default location (C: Program Files\Lucasarts\ Star Wars Rebellion), and when I click Rebexe.exe, the game runs perfectly. Why won't Rebed work?! Please give me a hand if you can. Thanks.

--Toguro

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Hey ATA, long time no see :? ... no hear :? ... not seeing you logged in and posting :wink: (Yeah, that's the ticket!) A new computer for 2007; Alright!

I'm guessing you should "install" the original Star Wars Rebellion, and then copy your modified files into the correct directory locations. There's probably something in the install that RedEd is keying off of to run, and if you just "copy" files then it can't find some file buried in the system guts. I'm just guessing, but that's my two bits worth :wink:

Hopefully we'll see you around more often? :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

What DarthTex said should solve the problem.

If you run regedit on your old machine under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

you can see a folder named Lucasarts Entertainment Company LLC and it has a subfolder, Star Wars Rebellion. These were made by the Rebellion installer and they are not present on your new machine.

You could export the Lucasarts ... folder into a .reg file, copy that .reg file onto your new computer and add it to your registry with a doubleclick, but installing Rebellion again is safer. MUCH safer.