Creating Clone Wars TC

GeneralKenobi

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a Clone Wars TC for about a month now and I feel its coming along fairly well. I've created the characters, ships, spec forces and fighters and am fairly satisfied with the results. I was wondering if anyone had any information on editing the text that accompanies the .dll images, also wondering if anyone has any experience or information in replacing the sound .dlls. And yet another question, i was trying to post screenshots but i cant seem to get clear screen captures from rebellion, wondering if anyone has any information on this. Any response would be appreciated.

Clear screen shots from the tactical battle do you mean? Shouldn't be a problem. I use Irfanview for screen captures.

Are you trying to upload.bmp's here, (which won't work) and resorted to screen capturing to get round this? If I were you I would simply save some of your ingame images to jpg's, one benefit of which is you'll be able to upload much less large file sizes if you opptimize. :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

http://www.imagecabin.com/files/2006/11/01/thumbs/162407131041a6dbab63460ba.jpg

http://www.imagecabin.com/files/2006/11/01/thumbs/1624063219e543aa82103c1bf.jpg

http://www.imagecabin.com/files/2006/11/01/thumbs/16240632267d2bf0df98edc6c.jpg

Some Screenshots.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing wav files? I've been using the Resource Hacker to replace the voices of Vader, Luke et all, and while I seem to be successful in the Hacker the new files dont play during the game, which is puzzling to say the least. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with that?

Nice work... screenshots look good

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Very nice work indeed :D8) Who did you put in the "main" character slots for each side, and what are your "events" for Luke and Han (slots)? As for your previous sound questions, I would suggest you ask Antonious or ATA (AdmiralToguroAni, although he has disappeared for awhile now :? ). Good luck, it looks like it's coming along rather nicely :wink:

PS: One piece of constructive criticism (and it's NOT on the TC), the site you chose to host your screenshots, cabinimage.com, is slower than molasses in January (during winter time). Not that it's your fault, but check out imageshack or photobucket for (what I think is) better performance. Just my two bits worth :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Your TC is looking real good there! :) Looks like you have been putting alot of work into it.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys.

In response to your questions Tex I set up the Empire as the Republic with Obi-Wan and Yoda as the main characters. I started with Padme but felt Obi-Wan would be more appropriate for the confrontations. For the Separatists/Alliance I have Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, and Nute Gunray.

Im still working on the .dll images including the events. I have Leia's spot taken by sidious and luke's by dook han's is occupied by grievous. I havent actual done the events yet but since Dooku fights both the main Republic characters I don't think it will be a problem. As for grievous im still kicking around ideas but any suggestions are welcome. I figured out the sound issues thank you.

The one aspect that i havent yet tackled at all in the conversion is the 3d models. I havent ever worked in that arena and was planning to take a hand at it after everything else is completed. So if any model makers are out there and are willing to throw together a ship or two, or if there are any of these models (below) kicking about, I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Models

Republic

fighters

N-1 Naboo fighter

Delta-7 Jedi Fighter (AOTC)

ARC-170

Eta-2 Jedi Fighter (ROTS)

Captial Ships

Republic Shuttle

Naboo Cruiser

Republic Gunboat

CR70 Corvette (similar to corellian corvette from wookiepedia)

Naboo Star Skiff

Republic Cruiser

Naboo Royal Cruiser

Acclamator

Venator Star Destroyer

Interdictor class (from KOTR i believe)

Carrack (*)

Dreadnaught(*)

Separatists

fighters

Vulture Droid Fighter

Geonosian Fighter

Trifighter

Belulab-22 (Grievous' fighter)

Capital Ships

TF BattleShip (*)

TF Droid Control Ship

Sith Infiltrator

Diamond Class

C-9979 Transport Ship/TF Landing Ship

Neimodian Shuttle

Banking Guild Rocket Ship type

Providence Class/Invisible Hand

Recusant Destroyer

Hardcell Cruiser

Banking Clan Frigate

* for models already in existance

In response to your questions Tex I set up the Empire as the Republic with Obi-Wan and Yoda as the main characters. I started with Padme but felt Obi-Wan would be more appropriate for the confrontations. For the Separatists/Alliance I have Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, and Nute Gunray.

Im still working on the .dll images including the events. I have Leia's spot taken by sidious and luke's by dook han's is occupied by grievous. I havent actual done the events yet but since Dooku fights both the main Republic characters I don't think it will be a problem. As for grievous im still kicking around ideas but any suggestions are welcome.

Have you considered Palpatine (as the Supreme Chancellor) in the Emperor's position (for the leadership bonus)? Or Anakin in (his rightful) Darth Vader's position. Since you have Dooku in Luke's position, he would try to capture both Anakin and Palpatine for the Separtists :wink: Grievious in Han's position sounds good; for Han's event with Bounty Hunters, you could change that to be a Jedi abduction team, and if they succeed they could bring him back to the Jedi Temple (aka Jabba's Palace). Just some suggestions :wink:

Keep up the good work! :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

hmm.. yes.. i was going to suggest sort of the same thing here as Tex. With Palpatine as the main for the republic, and the event for Grievous. A question I had was what were your plans for the Dagobah event? Obviously Dooku's not going off to Dagobah, but where would you have him go? For your other Republic main characters, I am drawing a blank right now...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• SWR Staff - Executive
Dooku goes to get a clone army created? Ala pseudo- Sifo Dyas :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Great work!

I too would also like to know where Anakin/Darth Vader fits into it. It would be cool if you could make one of the events where Anakin becomes Vader. It probably can't be done as I don't remember the Empire having any events like Luke going to Dagobah.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, can't you just replace the Luke Skywalker with Anakin. He goes off and gets seduced to the dark side. Then he becomes Darth Vader (of course the name won't change though).

I have been thinking of a Clone Wars mod too. I am just poking around to see what everyone else has been doing.