Star Wars Rebellion Data Editor (swrde) -ready for release?

errantone

Hey all,

Looking for opinions the data editor.....

1) Do you think it's ready for release?

2) What, if anything, do you want to see added? removed?

3) Do you think this tool is useful?

4) What problems, if any, have you had?

Please let me know what you think, I'm at a point where I cant think of anything to add to it, that's not already done by rebedit.

Are you asking about 1.2beta release, or is there a newer version that I have missed? It appears a lot of the functionality you are seeking was not enabled in the 1.2beta so I would assume in your own opinion, that "no" it wouldn't be ready for release.

Assuming that you are not commercially seeking any profit from this tool... not too many rebellion players left... and we dwindle in size each year... would you consider making the source code available under GPL license? Your work would remain to your credit, it would simply allow other talented coders here to incorporate extra functions later, etc. Don't fill obligated to "maintain" the code for us, if you anything like most of you start lots of projects and finish none of them :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 2 years later...
Yah I want it released with the ability to raise values well past a billion. We'll worry about the game crashing thank you. Also the cap ships hp value in the third tab doesn't save, although the one in troops does. Might wanna look into it. I think its ready for release. Just keep improving it later. Plz I wanna edit the values to any number so add this ability in since rebed won't let you. Appreciate it I will. Also you've got the tractor power and bombardment swapped. Might wanna look into it too.

Orginal editor probably limits values to 65k due to the form of variable used in the original coding of the game? The developers of the time probably didn't see the need for anything beyond unsigned 16 bit integers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 9 months later...

Saw this a few hours ago and had time to fix a couple of things...

Also the cap ships hp value in the third tab doesn't save, although the one in troops does. Might wanna look into it.

Fixed in next update, Beta 2.0

Also you've got the tractor power and bombardment swapped.

Fixed in next update. Beta 2.0