Family ID changes....tell us what you have experimented with

errantone

Hey all,

Just starting this thread as a way to collect info on any experiments with changing family ID numbers.

I'll start......

I noticed that core systems have family id 144, and rim systems have ID 146

I changed a few planets in the rim to 144, and at the start of the game they were visable, and looked like any other core worlds in terms of system slots for facilities/mines and initial facilties/mines themselves. No crashes or any problems. Only tested about 5planets, started the game and examined them.

Interested in other's experiments of things that worked or broke something, share the info so we can all learn.

ErrantOne

I noticed that core systems have family id 144, and rim systems have ID 146

I changed a few planets in the rim to 144, and at the start of the game they were visable, and looked like any other core worlds in terms of system slots for facilities/mines and initial facilties/mines themselves. No crashes or any problems. Only tested about 5planets, started the game and examined them.

What files are you editing and with what editor? You can do that using RedEd by changing the sector importance to HIGH :?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive
DarthTex, he is talking about using his own editor for editing the DAT files :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

@E: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, but was abit confused when he mentioned getting other's experiments. Because that would be difficult if you didn't have the same, or same type, of editor for comparative results :?

Interested in other's experiments of things that worked or broke something, share the info so we can all learn.

ErrantOne

If you read the other thread first, maybe it would have made more sense, or combined them into a single thread :?:wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

started this thread so we could talk about data changes. other thread hoped to see more issues related to the program itself. especially if someone was having any problems with running the program. Sorry for any confusion.

Tried changing the Family ID for advance troop facility. Wanted to see if you could setup some troops to be built by advanced facilities only. The problem is the destination planet uses family ID to display each item on the planet. So facility ID 41 will display troop production facilites. I used id 43 for the advanced but it would not allow it to be build, since the destination planet had no idea if it could hold a family ID 43. But there is code saying it can hold an ID 41 facility. Does not make sense? The goal was to see if we could split production between normal/advanced facilties. I was able to assign some troops to only be built with family ID 43 facilities, so they would not be built by ID 41(normal) facilties. Anyway, no luck, it does not work.